Retired Jonathan Brown #3 (1999-2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

See our JB has become a fashion model!!

An article on HUN website has the whole Brown family becoming ambassadors for Target. A couple of lovely photos too.

Jonathan Brown tried to take out Nathan Buckley, missed and hit Michael Voss in Collingwood v Brisbane game in 2002

After the Pies booted the first goal of the game, Brown made a deliberate beeline for Buckley — Collingwood’s best and most influential player at the time.

“He was such a great player I thought I’d try and take him out at the centre bounce,” Brown told Fox Footy’s On The Couch.

So when the ball was bounced to recommence play, Brown charged in off the centre square with Buckley firmly in his sights.

But instead of taking out the Collingwood skipper, Brown accidentally collected the other skipper on the ground that night: Lions teammate Michael Voss.

“I had (Buckley) in me gun sights there. But unfortunately I missed Bucks and I got me skipper — Vossy. Knocked out cold,” Brown laughed.

“I tried to punch Bucks in the guts … but I actually collected me skipper.”

165792-9593b68a-453c-11e5-ac0e-632009ba126e.jpg

I hate that photo.
It's wrong on every level.

So I bought Browny's book the other week on release day (at full price, natch). Last night I'm in Carindale and first see the book at 30% off, then they tell me the man himself is coming in to sign copies in 30 minutes. I was close to buying another copy but resisted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Browny trains with Melbourne's Eastern Football League powerhouse Balwyn.

COULD Jonathan Brown be on the comeback trail?

The big former Lion — who now lives in Melbourne — hit the track at Division 1 Eastern Football League powerhouse Balwyn last night, and it wasn’t without hilarity.

Within minutes of arriving at Balwyn’s Cherry Road ground, Brown copped a Sherrin to the head.

It didn’t affect his triple premiership-winning skills, however, with Tigers assistant coach and ex-Hawthorn midfielder Michael Osborne labelling Brown the best trainer of the night.

Hope he's not going to be silly. Just as big a chance of injury there as there is at a higher level, particularly with guys busting to prove themselves against the great man.

Hope he's not going to be silly. Just as big a chance of injury there as there is at a higher level, particularly with guys busting to prove themselves against the great man.
Absolutely agree.

Jonathan Brown hits high points in UBET campaign

JONATHAN Brown’s illustrious football career is over but he is far from walking off into the sunset. The triple premiership Lion is one of the most bankable former athletes in the country and is becoming a media star. He is a key part of Foxtel’s AFL coverage and a panellist on their marquee show On The Couch, and is also one of the hosts of Melbourne’s Nova FM breakfast show.

Today, he launches a promotion with UBET as part of his role as the wagering company’s AFL ambassador. Brown said he had always enjoyed his media commitments as a player but had never set out to make it his post-football career.

“I just tried to keep my options open, I came out (of the game) like most players in that I didn’t know what I wanted to do except that I was jaded from my football career so I knew I needed to take a look elsewhere from club land,” he said. “I wanted to spend more time with my family.”

Brown’s corporate appeal is still strong and he continues to work with Toyota, CUB and Four’N Twenty and has recently added UBET. UBET’s “Browny Points” campaign is a tongue-in-cheek guide on how to earn enough credit points from the ‘better half’ each week to spend the weekend watching the footy. “It is all something I can relate to and I guess that’s my rule – I find partners that fit, I like a beer, eat pies and I’m a country boy who drives a ute,” he said.

“It would be hard for me to sell organic food.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back