Traded #27: Jonathan Giles - Traded to The West Coast with pick 62 for pick 57

Remove this Banner Ad

Extremely handy footballer for a bargain basement price, makes losing he who must not be named so much easier.

Welcome Jonno, I hope you tunnel the s**t out of Ryder next year

Philzsay

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2005
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay
The way I see it we have downgraded whatshisname to Giles and in return received Cooney and a upgrade of pick from 53 to 17, as well as hopefully saved a little bit of salary cap space.

Of course I would have liked more, but it's now time to move on, have been angry enough for the last month over this.

If he shirt fronts cockface when we play the tarps (illegally of course) he will be my new favorite player haven't had one since Lloyd retired
Mine was Ryder, awk.
Auditions time for BPB's favourite player are up.

letstayunited

Team Captain
Suspended
Jun 14, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Really rate Giles.. thought he was unlucky when Mumford came in and took that top spot away from him.

Has absolutely lessened the blow of losing Ryder for mine.. Now have two very capable AFL ready ruckmen around 25-26 age group.. ready to shine.

2015 here we come!!
Indeed!

And hopefully a massive year for Cooney

Eleven 38

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Canucks, Cowboys, Renegades
Cameron and Shiel coming out of contract next year, if our past dealings are anything to go by we should snag both of them for a late 3rd rounder :thumbsu:

Probably lose Heppell to Carlton for pick 30 in the process

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Came a lot cheaper than I thought he might (a few weeks ago).

We have two legitimate number 1 rucks now, but I need to be convinced that they can play together.
GWS only played Giles #1 when they had to, he's much better as a forward/ruck/bench 60/30/10 split, like Bellchambers will presumably be better as a 70/20/10 ruck/forward/bench split.

Jul 6, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Pacers
GWS only played Giles #1 when they had to, he's much better as a forward/ruck/bench 60/30/10 split, like Bellchambers will presumably be better as a 70/20/10 ruck/forward/bench split.

I know we disagree, just worrying about sides running the ball too easily out of our F50 when the ball hits the deck. We could be fielding a very slow 22 next season with Bellchambers, Giles, Carlisle, Watson, Heppell, Goddard, Hocking, Chapman, Howlett, Stanton...

I know we disagree, just worrying about sides running the ball too easily out of our F50 when the ball hits the deck. We could be fielding a very slow 22 next season with Bellchambers, Giles, Carlisle, Watson, Heppell, Goddard, Hocking, Chapman, Howlett, Stanton...
Yeah, I'm worried about that as well. I have a faint feeling Carlisle will be instructed to play a roaming role up the ground.

Ashton Agar

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 20, 2013
Test Cricket
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
LIVERPOOL, Sydney FC, Nottm Forest
Can't believe how cheap he came. A 9 pick downgrade in the 3rd round, where they are all mainly speculative picks anyway.

Philzsay

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2005
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay
It's because it was GWS. Any other Club and it would have cost more.

If you look at their picks they now have 4, 6, 7, 23 and 24 (24 being an academy pick). Then Pick 80 so they will most likely be finished at Pick 23.
The only use they had for any picks after the second round was to re-trade them as part of other deals, which they did with Melbourne.

We do seem to have a good relationship with GWS, which is rather ironical considering SOS is their list guy!

We do seem to have a good relationship with GWS, which is rather ironical considering SOS is their list guy!

Maybe he feels a... touch... bad for us?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back