Retired #52: Jonathan Simpkin

Remove this Banner Ad

2147240_1_O.jpg

Has signed as a top up according to the Herald Sun. Very good signing, was the best midfielder in the second best midfield in the VFL last season. Also a former team mate of Kelly, which is a bonus. Welcome Jonathon and thanks for helping us out.

Went for the Geelong image because * Hawthorn.

Likewise. I think he has a genuine chance to show his wares this year with consecutive games and extended game time (rather than the super sub Hawthorn seemed to use him as) and get picked up by someone (possibly us) at the 2016 draft.
I agree, very good chance we won't use him as the sub.
Top ups are very prompt and predictable so far, which means obviously little barrier to us getting the players we need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will great for you. Unlucky that he has been with 2 great teams otherwise he would be 100 gamer by now. Is someone who will find plenty of the ball which is what you will need to help the younger players

With all these pickups you will at least be better than Carlton

Having not watched a great deal of him, can someone tell me what to expect from him? Best position, strengths/weaknesses, comparison to one of our players etc.

Cheers :thumbsu:
Inside mid, big body, decent tank but kicking can let him down. I reckon he's a bit like Howlett, although probably better IMO.

Drafted way back in the 2005 rookie draft Jonathan Simpkin didn't play any games for the Sydney Swans in 2006-07 and then was delisted. Spent the past 7 seasons in the VFL where he's been arguaby the most consistent VFL midfielder which is backed up by Simpkin winning the VFL Liston Trophy medal and polling a ton of votes over the years. He's the kind of player who can come in and play a role for your side. He might not be the most skilled player going around but you can count on him performing when needed.

Good luck at Essendon Joffa.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back