Jonathan Trott going home

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, you read some of this stuff and realise what a pathetic, hypocritical pack of sooks they all are. Sledge the **** out of them and rip the urn away.

God, you read some of this stuff and realise what a pathetic, hypocritical pack of sooks they all are. Sledge the **** out of them and rip the urn away.

That's correct, but it doesn't just apply to England; it applies to Australia, Pakistan, South Africa, India, every single nation that plays test cricket. All think they play hard and fairly, all are stunned and shocked when the opposition stand up to them. All act morally outraged when an opposition player gets offended at what they say or do. All have perceived or imaginary slights that go back years or decades (e.g. "We're only doing it because they did it to us, and 7 years ago he didn't walk, and 39 years before that he pretended the ball didn't carry, blah blah blah").

They are all hypocrites. Every single one of them from every single country.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/693959.html

Martin Crowe - probably my favourite batsman in terms of mental and technical application, opens up - it's a telling read.

Excellent article, and from it >

"At this difficult moment in his life, Jonathan Trott is a very important story. It is about the courage and honesty that are driving his desire to remove the confusion and frustration and find his true fulfilment. And he will, slowly, he will. He has shown his resilience at certain points as a batsman, and he will do so again as he identifies that beyond the often boring expectations of being an international sportsman, he is an authentic, loving man".

Well said Martin Crowe.

Sledging is part of the game but it's funny how easy it is to do when you are on top of the opposition.

Feel for Trott because I don't think it's about the sledging...it's about his mental state and at this point of time, it's not right.

Manchester, Lords and Oval were all prime batting decks. No idea why anyone thinks they were "doctored" . Durham favoured pace bowling and only Nottingham was different to how it usually is.

Of course they were. I live in the UK, it was widely acknowledged that the pitches were extra swann friendly this summer. No problem from my end, home ground advantage, it was Englands right to do it..

But I guess its hard to watch cricket objectively with your head in the sand.

Got no problems with pitches being managed to suit the home team; I have a massive issue with the fact that we no longer do the same.

10 years ago each of our main ovals had a variety of specific characteristics which made them all of a hell of a lot more interesting and exciting.

Now, the priority is to try and delivery 5 days of Test Cricket, and it sucks.

Got no problems with pitches being managed to suit the home team; I have a massive issue with the fact that we no longer do the same.

10 years ago each of our main ovals had a variety of specific characteristics which made them all of a hell of a lot more interesting and exciting.

Now, the priority is to try and delivery 5 days of Test Cricket, and it sucks.

i confirm this. the adelaide curator whose name escapes me at this moment in time said pretty much the same in an interview with Daniel Harford and Rodney Malcolm Hogg on SEN yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a strange interview no doubt and initially I thought Vaughan might have gone off half cocked, but I need not of worried, he is a very clever analyst and refreshing to listen to because he calls it how he sees it and is prepared to explain his position in detail.

Trott is a lot further back than he thinks from recovering from this.

"I felt guilty [leaving the Ashes tour]," he said. "I still feel guilty.

"I was there for the good times. I should have been there for the hard times. I hated seeing what they went through in Australia. At my best, I know I could have made a difference. But even below my best, I felt I should be there to share the experience. We've shared a lot together."

Interesting in regards to Swann

Javed and Lillee was about as physical is it can get on a cricket field

It wasn't pretty, but nobody even got damaged. I've played in games where much worse stuff than that has happened, and so would many others who've played their share of cricket.

It wasn't pretty, but nobody even got damaged. I've played in games where much worse stuff than that has happened, and so would many others who've played their share of cricket.

as have I, i've seen some shocking things. But none of that would ever happen in the test arena. I should have said 'Javed and DKL would be as physical as it gets in first class cricket'

It's a strange interview no doubt and initially I thought Vaughan might have gone off half cocked, but I need not of worried, he is a very clever analyst and refreshing to listen to because he calls it how he sees it and is prepared to explain his position in detail.

Trott is a lot further back than he thinks from recovering from this.
Vaughan's article is pretty hard on Trott. However, can't say I disagree with much of what he said and he did explain his conclusions as you say.

The whole thing has been badly handled by the ECB and the mgt. They are basically coming across as real weasels who love a cover-up. Some of the things Trott has said in his interview don't help.

Last edited:
So Warner was right, he was scared and went home hiding behind mental health issues and now wants to come back against minnows. Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back