Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Be a Chance, Who is his Competion this weekend?
Plenty of young kids getting around, I think Jordy has shown enough in his 7 games to get the nod

Worth also pointing out on the disposal average comparison that De Goey has had more sub effected games than Brayshaw as well.

Brayshaw stands out more as he plays for a Poor Side.

De Goey plays for a Better Side :)

He had a few very nice moments but doesn't at this stage get the ball enough to be a saying he played really well. Which is why I probably wouldn't play him as a midfielder yet. He is good at the centre bounces but hasn't learned how to get enough possessions in the seniors yet.
I have absolutely zero doubt that he will be something special.

He has some moments, like you said, but I'm not particularly rating his performance on here like others. I think he's been average in every game he's played, while displaying some good goalkicking awareness and finishing.

However, I'm not one who thinks he should be playing AFL right now. I was disappointed he got a game ahead of Kennedy, and didn't think his game changed my opinion.

Plain and simple this guy can not be sub anymore - he is really starting to find his feet and we need him and his bull like playing style for 4 quarters

16 disposals
5 tackles
1 goal
7 clearances
5 inside 50s

^ All from 53% game time.

The only thing i say he has to work on is his decision making, one play stood out to me in the last when he had time and space but he just bombed it straight to a port player, that will come with experience, i think we have got a future gun on our hands here!

Plain and simple this guy can not be sub anymore - he is really starting to find his feet and we need him and his bull like playing style for 4 quarters

16 disposals
5 tackles
1 goal
7 clearances
5 inside 50s

The only thing i say he has to work on is his decision making, one play stood out to me in the last when he had time and space but he just bombed it straight to a port player, that will come with experience, i think we have got a future gun on our hands here!
Wow,look at those stats,this kid will be a superstar of the competition in next couple yrs-esp being mentored by the likes of pendles/buckley/harvey/burns.

16 disposals
5 tackles
1 goal
7 clearances
5 inside 50s

This very good Numbers. 7 Clearances:eek:

You think he play’s Adam’s Position vs Eagles after Adams Suspension

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he could be a better Ziebell.

The Collingwood midfielders are going to be very solidly built. Freeman, Crisp and De Goey, with Scharenberg and Langdon who could run through there. Not to mention Adams who is the toughest bastard on our list.

16 disposals
5 tackles
1 goal
7 clearances
5 inside 50s

He's 18, starting him sub is simply a man management decision. In order for him to play out the year in the AFL he'll start as the sub again. It's all about the bigger picture.

Will be on Future Stars this afternoon:

Fear not, those who miss it, our vigilant media department will likely have it up on the website later today or tomorrow...:)

He'll be on at around 12:58 or so. Unfortunately, Levi Casboult from the enemy will be first up ;)

Will be on Future Stars this afternoon:

Fear not, those who miss it, our vigilant media department will likely have it up on the website later today or tomorrow...:)

Dang - I just got Up. Can someone give a Report on what he Said?

How long since we've drafted a player and had them play that season (and multiple games)?

Grundy, Langdon, Blair, Williams, Fasolo, Kennedy
Moore, Maynard
And I'm sure there are plenty more.

Blair and Fas each played in a GF in their first year, and Grundy was our first ruckman in a final.

What's your point?

If you are referring to guys like Scharenburg and Freeman, it's more related to injury than anything else.
In fact, for a team that spent a lot of the last 5-6 years near the top of the ladder, I reckon we had a pretty good run of giving games to youngsters.

Grundy, Langdon, Blair, Williams, Fasolo, Kennedy
Moore, Maynard
And I'm sure there are plenty more.

Blair and Fas each played in a GF in their first year, and Grundy was our first ruckman in a final.

What's your point?

If you are referring to guys like Scharenburg and Freeman, it's more related to injury than anything else.
In fact, for a team that spent a lot of the last 5-6 years near the top of the ladder, I reckon we had a pretty good run of giving games to youngsters.
Wasn't trying to make a point. Was just interested. I agree we've done well blooding young players and have obviously picked well (in Hine we trust), probably why it's so exciting for us at the moment, we have a lot of young talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back