Past Jordan 'Moose' Lisle (2011-2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

You can see why the selection committee have been reluctant to pick him. Contests like that can be really deflating for the group, even though he has a bit of ability. I wonder how much his confidence has been affected from his broken jaw when he played for Hawthorn.

Yeah it's not often you see a forward get outmarked by a smaller midfielder.

I can't recall which game it was, possibly against the Eagles, but it is not the first time he has been out bodied by a much smaller opponent. He just doesn't seem to know how to use his body in one on one contests.

Unfortunately there's usually one occasion every game where he gets outbodied by someone he shouldn't. Really needs to find his mongrel soon.

Despite Brown being suspended and the dearth of experienced tall forwards to choose from, Lisle still gets dropped. The coaches must have been immensely disappointed with the way he played. Don't think we'll see him back in the seniors for a while.

Last season I was preaching patience with Lisle as he is still young. But as Grim said, if the coaching staff don't have the confidence to play him with our tall forward situation at the moment, maybe it's time they gave him a month at CHB in the reserves?

I can't recall which game it was, possibly against the Eagles, but it is not the first time he has been out bodied by a much smaller opponent. He just doesn't seem to know how to use his body in one on one contests.
That was Scott Thompson for Adelaide I believe. Also at a crucial time of the game.

Need to try him in defence now, has not shown any signs as a forward. A backline of Clarke, McKeever and Lisle would not be to bad. Forward line of Martin, Close and Paparone woudn't be to bad either. Obviously need to develop their games a lot more, but I see a lot of hope in the players we have now.

Need to try him in defence now, has not shown any signs as a forward. A backline of Clarke, McKeever and Lisle would not be to bad. Forward line of Martin, Close and Paparone woudn't be to bad either. Obviously need to develop their games a lot more, but I see a lot of hope in the players we have now.

I thought about this the other day, but he would scare me more back there. Opposition forwards out bodying him with ease will be an issue.

I thought about this the other day, but he would scare me more back there. Opposition forwards out bodying him with ease will be an issue.

This. If he can't outmark opponents in the forward line where there is less threat, what's the possibility he won't be outmarked again in defence where mistakes can cost goals?

think the idea of mckeever in defence has been shelved and hes being trying as a ruckforward now, that looks like a scarily bad defence that will just leak goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like any key forward, you need to give them a chance. And kick that went near him and was to his advantage, he took or made a good contest off. He can take enough marks and kick enough goals as a key forward as long as we give him some good delivery. Can't kick the ball on top of a stationary contest and expect your forwards to take marks and kick goals, no matter who they are.

Not willing to get too carried away yet but I think he is starting to have a little less fear in the contest. Getting his face fractured 2 years ago really shook him up I reckon.

Reckon he will still have moments where he goes in half hearted but there were some good signs today.

Not willing to get too carried away yet but I think he is starting to have a little less fear in the contest. Getting his face fractured 2 years ago really shook him up I reckon.

Reckon he will still have moments where he goes in half hearted but there were some good signs today.

I echo this TBD. He really ran hard at the ball and jumped hard. He is pushed aside in a wrestle waiting for the ball but when he runs at it even Zac Dawson couldn't stop him. Really encouraging.

Hopefully yesterdays performance will show his skeptics, what he is capable off

been a fan since the day he came into here, so it's good to see him finding some form

You have raised an interesting point TBD. Has anybody here seen footage of the pre-face fracture Lisle? And if so, was he far more aggressive/fearless on the field?

A big step up for Lisle
20 June 2013
Rebecca Thompson

Lions forward Jordan Lisle realised his AFL dream when he was drafted to Hawthorn at the end of 2008, and went on to make his long-awaited senior debut with the Hawks midway through the 2011 season. He moved to Brisbane during the 2011 Trade Period in search of more senior opportunities, but has managed just nine senior games in 18 months with his new Club.

Lisle has spent the majority of his playing time with the Lions Reserves in the NEAFL, which despite an improved standard of competition, is still considered inferior to the likes of the VFL, SANFL and WAFL State Leagues. As a result, the 22-year-old says he has found it more difficult to step up into the high-pressure environment of senior AFL when afforded the opportunity.

“The NEAFL is a bit below the standard of the VFL, which I’ve played in before, and the gap between the NEAFL and the AFL is significant,” Lisle told lions.com.au. “So it takes a few games to get used to the added pressure.”

Lisle_GabbaTraining-article.jpg

Liked Jordy's game again last night. Would have been nice to see him clunk a few more marks and he missed a soda shot on goal but he really had some impact on the game. Getting to a lot of contests and is really starting to commit physically in contested and pack marking situations.

Really think he is eliminating the "timidity" from his game which was by far his most concerning issue. Ruckwork is his most pressing area in need of improvement now. But overall, I am pleased with his last two weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back