Toast Josh Gibson - 150 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Just thought I'd swing by to say this bloke has been playing some of the best footy I've ever seen a defender play.

Ridiculously good player.

Really hard to dislike a beastly team like the Hawks when you're just shaking your head at how good a Gibson or Sammy Mitchell is.

Pleasure to watch.

Cheers

Excerpts on the AFL website from what looked like a nice feature on Gibbo from last weekend's AFL Record
Also a great highlights package on afl.com

Is it possible someone could scan the full article and post it on here? I missed reading it.

Behind the tears
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-03/behind-the-tears
http://www.afl.com.au/video?guid=626278

"Yeah, I copped a bit of flak [for the post Grand Final tears]," he admits. "The emotion wasn't just from that year but the whole career. It was about the choices I've made, even though they were tough at the time … and I celebrated with some tears."

"It's a childhood dream. You leave one club to come to another and part of the attraction is the silverware," he continued. "For myself and Shauny who had come over [from Port] at the same time, it was a really nice reward."

"[Leaving North] was a business decision and Hawthorn was going to be the best for my job and what I do, and since coming across I have tried to prove myself as a defender and hopefully prove to Hawthorn this was the right choice and I'm giving them what they wanted,"

"Without sounding too much like a loser, I'm really meticulous in how I go about preparing for my football. I'm borderline OCD with my preparation and I never let anything compromise that."

Clarkson on Gibson: "A very, very proud man. He's an enormous competitor and with Sam Mitchell and a couple of others, right up there with the best trainers and preparers I've seen at our footy club. His professionalism is second to none,"

Needs to be held back a bit really. He was shouldering the lions sshare of the defence before he got injured and I could just sense he would jet injured and needed a rest. Shoe and lake arrived back just a lttle too late for gibbo, hopefully it wont hurt the season too much

His work running off n reiwoldt in particular is a joy to behold

Great work Gib. Thanks for being a rock in defense. If not for your work against Bartel in the dying moments of the PF last year we might still be at only 10!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back