Josh Hunt's geestring

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he had a good game. I was frankly surprised when he was dropped those few weeks ago.

Most likely something very specific that Bomber had instructed Josh to do, didn't do it. That game vs Kangas or Hawks (cant remember) he had 15 touches in the first half, didnt come back on after half time then got dropped...

Similar situation recently with Sherman at Brisbane I'd say.

Players will usually get dropped for general poor form, but not always.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As was I. He'll be back though. All this talk about him being delisted is a crock...

I'm afraid its the fans on here who believe in the band aid fix approach from week to week. The same uneducated people who call for Callan/Tenace to replace Hunt.

The game today is a defensive one. Defenders play possibly the biggest role in the team in many games and are responsible for setting up much of the play toward half forward. Take note at how often Hunt kicking provides goal options / attempts... he has his drawbacks for sure, but he is a rare type of player who adds a good alternative to the average Corey / Enright run and chop the ball up.

I noticed he scored very well in supercoach last week as he did last year... especially considering his number of disposals... one word EFFECTIVE.

I'm afraid its the fans on here who believe in the band aid fix approach from week to week. The same uneducated people who call for Callan/Tenace to replace Hunt.

The game today is a defensive one. Defenders play possibly the biggest role in the team in many games and are responsible for setting up much of the play toward half forward. Take note at how often Hunt kicking provides goal options / attempts... he has his drawbacks for sure, but he is a rare type of player who adds a good alternative to the average Corey / Enright run and chop the ball up.

I noticed he scored very well in supercoach last week as he did last year... especially considering his number of disposals... one word EFFECTIVE.
only that Corey / Enright are in the side every week un like hunt go figure

Hunt was the one who got Geelong going last week against Freo. His two great passes which resulted in goals just show how effective he is with his disposal compared to other players in the team... *cough* Corey Enright *cough*

I'll be happy to leave Corey alone now, but Enright is one bloke who should have been dropped more than once. His game is very, very limited and one dimensional... Wait for someone else to win the ball, get the handball recieve, miss a target / bomb a rain maker into forward 50 to give opposition defenders every chance to spoil, get 20-30 cheap touches per game to keep yourself in the side and name in bests every week... that about wraps it up. :D

I'll be happy to leave Corey alone now, but Enright is one bloke who should have been dropped more than once. His game is very, very limited and one dimensional... Wait for someone else to win the ball, get the handball recieve, miss a target / bomb a rain maker into forward 50 to give opposition defenders every chance to spoil, get 20-30 cheap touches per game to keep yourself in the side and name in bests every week... that about wraps it up. :D

Personally I think his run and creativity out of defence has been wonderful this year. Along with Milburn he's been the springboard for many of our forward thrusts. His game gets unfairly criticised and at times deservedly so but apart from leading the team in kicks, I think he's braver than ppl give him credit for, he's a wonderful mark of the ball and he's fairly quick for his size. I'll take the good with the bad with him...

yeah l get your point and fair enough and have meet Enright and yes he dose think is s**t smells sweet than most oh back on footy l think Enright must be one of Thompson's favs like gardener which should go time to go Charlie

I'm pretty sure that this last 3 weeks constitute the only time Josh Hunt has ever been dropped for form. We need to keep that in mind - Josh is a good player who had a fade and seemed to need a reality check or whatever you wanna call it. Don't write him off too quickly.

I think Josh Hunt is a gun!

Josh's form has been patchy lately but I think he might be out of favour a little due to other reasons we will never be privy to.

He is certainly in our best 22.

I'm pretty sure that this last 3 weeks constitute the only time Josh Hunt has ever been dropped for form. We need to keep that in mind - Josh is a good player who had a fade and seemed to need a reality check or whatever you wanna call it. Don't write him off too quickly.

l'm not writing him off just yet. he does not seem to be the player is was 2 years a go . l mean he's seems he hasn't gone to the next level as we all wood like to see....yes hes kicking in to the 50 is better that sum of the show pony's in the side point taken

l'm not writing him off just yet. he does not seem to be the player is was 2 years a go . l mean he's seems he hasn't gone to the next level as we all wood like to see....yes hes kicking in to the 50 is better that sum of the show pony's in the side point taken

Fair enough, as long as we keep the historic perspective in mind all is cool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back