ruscy002

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Great first half, pretty quiet in the second though. Love his athleticism, but his ruckwork has a looooooong way to go.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah agree with his ruck work not being as good as it needs to be but you would think that will come with time. At the moment I'd have Jenkins slightly ahead of McKernan which would be a worry for him. If McKernan wants a regular spot in the next couple of years he's going to have to lift his game.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Great first half, pretty quiet in the second though. Love his athleticism, but his ruckwork has a looooooong way to go.

Thought exactly the same .....his ruckwork was ave

But around the ground he was great ....fast, agressive, and a bigman who thinks :eek:

Fitness i'd suggest caught up with him in the 2nd half

But yes Smack beware ! .....reckon he could hold any KP down at a pinch
Could also make a good FB

blackbird_RGB

Team Captain
Aug 9, 2011
if you have to ask...
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Strathalbyn Roosters
That tap to stiffy was spectacular! when stiff kicked thg goal, i turned to my sister and told her that stiff may have kicked it but it was jjs goal.

like i said before, i believe there was something up with his leg, it looked like it was strapped and he seemed to be limping. right leg.

Wilburwild

Team Captain
Sep 11, 2006
Walkerville
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
UConn, Glenelg
Great Debut. Said to the Mrs that McKernan might struggle to get back in next week. Was very useful up forward.

Godallblighty

Premiership Player
May 17, 2010
Hanging Rock
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah, it was a good debut. Presents a bit of a headache. Smack should really be cementing his place now. I suspect he's the kind of guy who will develop best with a greater sense of belonging and succession of regular games. Not sure he's the sort to thrive on 'healthy competition' for his spot. If Jenkins wins the place, it wouldn't surprise me to see Smack wither.

PyroCrow

Club Legend
Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic, Arsenal
1269259657_omg_cat.gif

CroCop

Club Legend
Jan 10, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah agree with his ruck work not being as good as it needs to be but you would think that will come with time. At the moment I'd have Jenkins slightly ahead of McKernan which would be a worry for him. If McKernan wants a regular spot in the next couple of years he's going to have to lift his game.
I did say in my "Bass thinks Tippett is overated thread last week" that we could play Jenkins in the Tippett role and he would come much cheaper than Tippett. Actually think if left as a forward Jenkins could be better than Tippett. Solid lad and nice kick. Seems quicker than Tipp but also has his athleticism

Aug 28, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
Great debut, but I think everyone is writing off smack pretty quickly

He was dire against GWS but had a really good game against port in the showdown and a solid game last week.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Smack still ahead for mine. Anyway, regardless, if walker gets suspended we might get a look at both of them in the team.
Agree with this. JJ had 3 highlight reel moments - the tackle, the goal and the tap to Stiffy. However, that's pretty much where his involvement with the game ended. I'm not a fan of McKernan's, but I have to think that he'd be more involved with the game overall.

That said.. I'd prefer to see JJ listed on the team sheet next week, ahead of McKernan.

alex_is_on_fire

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2010
Meekatharra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors NBA Champions
Hope the kid can make it, simply for his nickname.

Jerka Jenkins. :thumbsu:

None of this Leroy bullshit. :eek:

beartoo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Moana Heights Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Agree with this. JJ had 3 highlight reel moments - the tackle, the goal and the tap to Stiffy. However, that's pretty much where his involvement with the game ended. I'm not a fan of McKernan's, but I have to think that he'd be more involved with the game overall.

That said.. I'd prefer to see JJ listed on the team sheet next week, ahead of McKernan.

Disagree, Vader. Leroy had two great clunking marks early in the piece and did heaps of work off the ball. I agree with CroCop's assessment that he may well prove a better forward than Tippett.

Back