List Mgmt. Josh Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

buddyruff

Cancelled
Nov 7, 2007
South Morang
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Would love to see JK back where he belongs at the end of his contract. Does anyone think this is a possibility? Would be the perfect replacement for Mitch.

Mervyn Beasley

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 12, 2007
Yarraville
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hibs FC, Blackburn Rovers
How old is he now?
How much would he want?
He hjad a couple of cracking seasons but i dont know that he will continue to dominate like he did a couple of years ago.

Nice thought but my gut says no.

Not this again.

Firstly - apparently he'll never come back so long as Clarko is coach - and Kennedy is not even remotely worth punting Clarko for.

Secondly - no matter what hell I cop for my opinion - I think Kennedy is a selfish player who wouldn't adopt our team first mentality. He was told to improve and earn his spot in the past - he chose to run off to Sydney. He's a Kennedy in name only and isn't deserving to wear the brown and gold again. Would much rather someone like Hallahan who stays loyal to us knowing full well he could play regular AFL footy at a crap club.

buddyruff

Cancelled
Nov 7, 2007
South Morang
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not this again.

Firstly - apparently he'll never come back so long as Clarko is coach - and Kennedy is not even remotely worth punting Clarko for.

Secondly - no matter what hell I cop for my opinion - I think Kennedy is a selfish player who wouldn't adopt our team first mentality. He was told to improve and earn his spot in the past - he chose to run off to Sydney. He's a Kennedy in name only and isn't deserving to wear the brown and gold again. Would much rather someone like Hallahan who stays loyal to us knowing full well he could play regular AFL footy at a crap club.

You can hardly blame him for accepting a much better offer than the one that was put forward to him - more job security, more money & more game time. Hardly what you'd call 'running off'.

You can hardly blame him for accepting a much better offer than the one that was put forward to him - more job security, more money & more game time. Hardly what you'd call 'running off'.

I saw a TV interview with him in 2012 where he admitted that the club told him he had to fight for his position (how dare they not just give him a spot based on his name and possible talent!!) and he opted not to do that and took the easy option. That's not a Hawthorn trait for mine.

And yes, I can blame him for taking more money and a promise of more game time. I think it's a gutless move and proves his character is not befitting of our club. Good riddance.

buddyruff

Cancelled
Nov 7, 2007
South Morang
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I saw a TV interview with him in 2012 where he admitted that the club told him he had to fight for his position (how dare they not just give him a spot based on his name and possible talent!!) and he opted not to do that and took the easy option. That's not a Hawthorn trait for mine.

And yes, I can blame him for taking more money and a promise of more game time. I think it's a gutless move and proves his character is not befitting of our club. Good riddance.

Well I'm glad we have you looking out for the clubs best interest. I can now sleep soundly.

MC_9

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
He is contracted until 2017 I think. So you might be waiting a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

latrell

All Australian
Aug 16, 2004
camberwell
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Lol No

Josh kennedy biggest myth in football

Initially, was overhyped as the 'buzz' player. Perhaps this was the football worlds opportunity to lay the boot into Hawthorn?

Why aren't we hearing josh kennedy this josh kennedy that anymore???

Has he gone backwards as a player? No

Is he too old now? No

His current stats are identical to his breakout year. So why aren't we still hearing about Josh kennedy!!??

Aaah that's it... its taken a few years but finally everyone is realising that he simply cant kick and is too slow on the spread. Initially his terrible disposal was excused because most are tumble punts out of a pack under pressure but I am still staggered that Hawthorn supporters still don't realise that a player like this simply cant play for us. We must have elite kickers. Imagine Kennedy trying to spot up a target from the half backline? Lol

Sometimes its better to believe your own eyes rather than listen to mike sheahan

Sydney have been a trainwreck since mid last season. Rather than blaming tippet and buddy maybe they should be looking at kennedy, a slow one dimensional player who the opposition love to have the ball in his hands.

Drinking game for every kennedy clanger... Try it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MrFujiMoto

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks, Norwood Redlegs
I would rather continue the development of guys that are willing to earn their place in the side like Hallahan, Woodward, Langford, Anderson. That is a short list and I still believe at least 2 of them will finish the game better players than Kennedy. Anderson and Langford are hard working, whatever it takes, never say die, I don't care how big you are midfielders. We have 2 absolute rippers in our developing team as it is.

Both are far more versatile than Kennedy and i would hope the club are grooming Anderson to be the next Shaun Burgoyne. I want to see him in number 9 when the magic one retires. Anderson is a future leader of the club I hope. Leadership and his ability to overcome adversity where two reasons the club were rapt to get him.

Langford is going down the real hard hawthorn path and he is not only succeeding at it, he is thriving and loving it. He worked his backside off to get a game, never expected it and is happy to play whatever time he can in a selfless role. SO far this season he has stopped (and I mean dead in their tracks type stopped) Mundy, Ziebel and Maloney. He is already quicker, harder and a better kick than Kennedy. He is also only 4 games into his career.

As someone else mentioned, Kennedy is too one dimensional and that is something Clarko has steered away from for about 3 years now. May have been part of the reason Kennedy was not getting game time before he took off.

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
We now have the polar opposite father son player in Langford.

1. Fought tooth and nail to get upgraded and served his apprenticeship with hard work, patience and perseverance at a Box Hill.

2. Has speed to burn and can run all day.

3. Can kick goals

4. Lastly and most importantly - he loves the club, respects the history and bleeds brown and gold

Stuff Josh Kennedy we have Langford

MrFujiMoto

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

1. Fought tooth and nail to get upgraded and served his apprenticeship with hard work, patience and perseverance at a Box Hill.

3. Can kick goals

4. Lastly and most importantly - he loves the club, respects the history and bleeds brown and gold

Well said. Will Langford for PM :D

MrFujiMoto

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

3. Can kick goals

Banner for our next game against the menstruals?? how great would it be for Langford to put the clamps on Kennedy when we play them

jd1991

All Australian
Nov 28, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Kennedy is considered a good player - A grader. He hasnt got elite disposal or speed but he is a beast - big big bodied midfielder who is at very good at extrating and getting the ball out. What he is below average at is spread and pace for an AFL player. His kicking would be considered average.
I wouldnt say he is selfish - when your young most blokes are impatient. He was told he had to work on aspects of his game (which he did when he went to Sydney anyway). When he looked at the Hawks midfield at the time - he saw and new he was competing with Mitchell, Lewis, Hodge and Sewell. All those players were around 26ish (lewis even younger) as such unless something catastrophic happened to one of them he would only ever have limited opportunity each year irrespective of what he did.
Sydney courted him, waving extra years, dollars and sweet nothings in his ear about opportunities that he would get up there, plus he escapes from under the burden of his name.
In the end it was a very astute decision by Sydney and Kennedy as I dont think he would still have had much of an oppurtunity at the Hawks on a consistant basis to prove the player that he has now became.
I dont begrudge him, I rue we missed one, but trying to look at it in the cold hard light, it was the best decision for him. He has become a genuine A grader because of it, and Sydney's playing style probably suits him better than ours.
He has also proven himself on the big stage in finals where he has thrived. He is built for finals.

ScottMaginness

All Australian
Oct 16, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lol No

Sydney have been a trainwreck since mid last season. Rather than blaming tippet and buddy maybe they should be looking at kennedy, a slow one dimensional player who the opposition love to have the ball in his hands.

Kennedy still playing ok for the Swans. They would be looking a lot worse if he wasn't around. Thing is you can only carry one or two of his type in a team just as as we only have room for 1 Brad Sewell.

Kennedy still playing ok for the Swans. They would be looking a lot worse if he wasn't around. Thing is you can only carry one or two of his type in a team just as as we only have room for 1 Brad Sewell.

And I'll take Sewell over Kennedy any day of the week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back