List Mgmt. Josh Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Can see it now...

"Can we have Spangher back pretty please? We'll give you back Franklin, Kennedy and throw in pick 1 to sweeten the deal"

No thanks :D
He'd be pretty handy for them at the moment.

Kennedy's reputation was created and fostered by Paul Roos. Who incidentally is a fraud himself. And his reputation was based not on actual output, but rather the contrast between his output at Hawthorn (bugger all) and his output at the Swans (actually pretty impressive albeit not the elite level Roos would have you believe).

Kennedy is a very good player. But Sydney cannot kick a football for s**t.

Josh Kennedy is a pretty good footballer, particularly in the Sydney game plan, playing in that confined ground up there. But he's been found out as he's not a good kick and turns the ball over regularly.

What really does rankle is the fact that, if there was one person in the world who really wanted to play for the Hawks, it is Josh. I know there's no loyalty in footy any more, and young guys look at the money on offer. And clubs have no loyalty to players either. But Josh is the son of a Hawthorn great, and the grandson of the greatest Hawthorn person ever, and I would have expected him to want to be part of us.

He chose the money, and he can live with it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What really does rankle is the fact that, if there was one person in the world who really wanted to play for the Hawks, it is Josh. I know there's no loyalty in footy any more, and young guys look at the money on offer. And clubs have no loyalty to players either. But Josh is the son of a Hawthorn great, and the grandson of the greatest Hawthorn person ever, and I would have expected him to want to be part of us.

He said in an interview the other day that he was winning Kennedy family members over to the Swines. Went on to say that Kennedy Snr probably wouldn't come on board. Probably? Obviously inherited some of the talent but none of the brains of Kennedy Snr.

He doesn't fit Clarko's model. Great disposal and ability to play multiple positions. We could get someone for cheaper with those traits. Example... Cooney last year, Douglas next year in FA. Trade for Shuey.

He is always welcome back. The Kennedy name is sacred and there are always some premiership players whose wives don't want to go to reunions etc. so he can come as a date for the premierships he missed out on at the team he chose to turn his back on.

Lol No

Sometimes its better to believe your own eyes rather than listen to mike sheahan

Slight Alteration. Sometimes it's better to believe your own eyes rather than listen to mike sheahan and trust Champion Data Statistics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope he and Buddy have a GF BBQ and invite DG over and all watch it together and when Clarko and Hodgey raise the cup for back to back they can look deep into their $8000 tv, then look down at their $4000 a square metre carpet, then look at each other through their $900 sun glasses and wipe their tears with their hugely overpriced moisturiser filled tissues and think 'I could have been part of that'.

We are Hawthorn. They will ALL be ashamed of themselves at the end of their careers, if they are not already. I can't lie though, I HATE the fact that a Kennedy and a couple of Tucks are not playing with us. Nothing to do with ability............history and everything we were built upon. The Kennedy and Tuck names represent everything that is Hawthorn, probably the two most identifiable names associated with our club. In 40 years I wonder whom your kids will be looking up in the history books. Hopefully Hodges, Riolis, Mitchells. May long our history live.

I hope he and Buddy have a GF BBQ and invite DG over and all watch it together and when Clarko and Hodgey raise the cup for back to back they can look deep into their $8000 tv, then look down at their $4000 a square metre carpet, then look at each other through their $900 sun glasses and wipe their tears with their hugely overpriced moisturiser filled tissues and think 'I could have been part of that'.

We are Hawthorn. They will ALL be ashamed of themselves at the end of their careers, if they are not already. I can't lie though, I HATE the fact that a Kennedy and a couple of Tucks are not playing with us. Nothing to do with ability............history and everything we were built upon. The Kennedy and Tuck names represent everything that is Hawthorn, probably the two most identifiable names associated with our club. In 40 years I wonder whom your kids will be looking up in the history books. Hopefully Hodges, Riolis, Mitchells. May long our history live.

Was that sent from your clapped out $50 Commodore in North Queensland or has the battery finally given up the ghost?

We got Grimley, Stratton, Duryea from that trade, so it might work out in the end.

Grimley kicked 3 goals in his comeback VFL game and will hopefully get a spot in the Hawthorn forward line soon.
Stratton is a top defender.
Duryea is emerging as a reliable defender and played well against Fremantle. If you want to look at goals conceded, he's played on Wolters and Chapman in the last two weeks and only conceded 1. I don't know who his opponent was against Brisbane.

We got Grimley, Stratton, Duryea from that trade, so it might work out in the end.

Grimley kicked 3 goals in his comeback VFL game and will hopefully get a spot in the Hawthorn forward line soon.
Stratton is a top defender.
Duryea is emerging as a reliable defender and played well against Fremantle. If you want to look at goals conceded, he's played on Wolters and Chapman in the last two weeks and only conceded 1. I don't know who his opponent was against Brisbane.

Hawthorn selected Duryea with the pick North Melbourne threw in with Josh Gibson. Sydney traded for McGlynn and Kennedy by giving up picks 39, 46 and 70. You are right that Hawthorn took Bromley and Stratton with the first two picks, but the third pick was used to elevate Suckling onto the main list.

Every family has a few black sheep.

Yep. We did fine out of it.
No need to cover old ground but it was win/win for all involved and no I don't want him back.
Time to move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back