Josh Poulter's Mock Draft and Big Board

Remove this Banner Ad

that was from Round 2 or 3, i just added in text my latest mock draft in the post, the links aren't really relevant anymore except for comparison to earlier

Going to be interesting to see how highly rated Mills is if he continues to be injured.

...This came out today....

Swans Football manager Tom Harley has dismissed suggestions the club are trying to hide academy star Callum Mills following the news he will miss this month’s National under 18 championships with a shin injury.

Can't really see Kade Stewart getting picked up before the likes of Greg Clark. I see him more of a rookie selection at best - what makes you rate him so high, given he has been injured and didn't show alot at state champs?

I completely respect your rankings and most of your draft order looks pretty solid, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that there is absolutely no way on the planet that the Crows will select an inside mid with their first pick in this draft. Key forward, tall utility, any player with elite footskills or a speedy outside mid are all possibilities, but we are STACKED at inside mid, even if Dangerfield leaves. The blokes you have listed from 11-14 (Collins, Ah Chee, Bonner, Weideman) or even Ryan Burton, Luke Partington or Harry McKay would all be more likely selections for the Crows than Mathieson, so another club in that 7-15 range will no doubt snap Mathieson up. I'm not doubting his clearance / ball-winning ability for one second, but we need another inside mid with average kicking skills and below average speed / agility like a hole in the head I can assure you!

As a Crows fan, I'm praying Charlie Curnow somehow falls to us. I don't like our chances of making the finals anyway so maybe we can lose to all of Richmond, West Coast and Geelong in the last 5 weeks (hardly seems likely that we'll win any of those tbh) and drop down a couple more spots to improve our chances of getting him. Looks a gun. Dare I say it, 'The Package II'? Can easily see him going top 7 though, which sadly rules us out barring a crazy trade.

Realistically, I'm hoping for Ah Chee at Pick 8-11 which is our range unless we sneak into the 8 and win a final, but I'm also partial to the idea of taking the local lad Burton. A lot of water to go under the bridge between now and draft day though - no doubt there'll be a couple of bolters who enter the mix.

Last edited:
Been busy with uni and haven't been able to be here regularly enough to post, but front post updated with new Mock Draft with bidding included.

Hey, I just noticed that there is no Ryan Clarke anywhere on your mock draft. Is this a mistake or do you truly not believe he'll be picked up?

Hey, I just noticed that there is no Ryan Clarke anywhere on your mock draft. Is this a mistake or do you truly not believe he'll be picked up?
be a pure mistake, I forget a player then forget another in the same process. He's in that late 1st round - early 2nd round bracket. A team might even want to take him earlier with the athletic traits + football skills he possesses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Guys,
been doing Mock Drafts and Big Boards over the past 2 years. Thought i'd finally like to share them with the whole BigFooty draft community in 2015 and beyond.

My previous published mock drafts throughout the year:

Mock Draft - February: http://overthelinesports.com.au/index.php/2015/02/25/2015-afl-mock-draft-february/

Big Board - March: http://overthelinesports.com.au/index.php/2015/03/03/2015-afl-draft-big-board-march/

Big Board - April: http://overthelinesports.com.au/index.php/2015/04/11/2015-afl-draft-big-board-april/

Mock Draft - Round 1: http://overthelinesports.com.au/index.php/2015/04/14/afl-mock-draft-round-1

Im always happy to discuss the draft with anyone, so feedback and suggestions welcome!

Mock Draft - 30th of October
THc8duF.png

lGbCoyz.png

kZiyOsQ.png

4RKGpiT.png

Vf5C2CE.png

you have blake hardwick at 42 and 52 and i cant see hisham kerbatieh being selected by sydney

Don't think Oliver will last to pick 24. He may get picked before Mathieson.
well Pick 24 = Pick 19 before bidding, he may go before Mathieson you're right but Mathieson could be a steal in the mid teens and think clubs will be lining up to try and poach him.

you have blake hardwick at 42 and 52 and i cant see hisham kerbatieh being selected by sydney
think i would have put Hardwick at 52 because i probably thought i forgot him. And any reason as to why not? Heeney as he gets older will push more midfield time and is Sydney's only really livewire small forward, as people like McGlynn are 50/50 forward/mids. Provides a spark because Gary Rohan is suited to the backline so could be something the Swans need.

If the Bulldogs take three mids with our first three picks and ignore talls (especially with our recruiter being interested in Ben McKay) we'd be very very surprised

If the Bulldogs take three mids with our first three picks and ignore talls (especially with our recruiter being interested in Ben McKay) we'd be very very surprised
didn't realise i did that tbh with you, but yeh not surprised are Dogs are surprised in him, and could also then pick one of Hartley or Brown with their 3rd round pick

First Post to be progressively updated with Mock Draft with included Player Profiles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back