Draft Profile Josh Schache

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll take the best rated junior star like we did ten years ago. Murphy walked into our side and was a jet from day one. Schache could take just as long to breakout as Kennedy. Would build the backline if we can get Weitering, Carlisle and a young forward by trading Henderson for a pick. Weitering could play third tall like Lever who came in after being troubled by a knee reco. We be able to introduce ease him into senior footy whilst Jamison, White and Rowe are around. I can see Jaksch playing forward due to his mobility and kicking skills.

I was dirty we didn't keep pick 7 and take Lever last year. How good would it be to have him & Weitering holding up in defense for the next dozen years.

I was dirty we didn't keep pick 7 and take Lever last year. How good would it be to have him & Weitering holding up in defense for the next dozen years.
Not as good as having Jaksch, Boekhorst and possibly Whiley in our best side for one selection/pick downgrade. We needed to add to our 22 and depth.

Not as good as having Jaksch, Boekhorst and possibly Whiley in our best side for one selection/pick downgrade. We needed to add to our 22 and depth.

I don't agree. We need quality youth (particularly KPP's) and leadership on our list and Lever would have provided that more than the above IMO. It's all just opinion and time will tell, but certainly so far Lever has shown more at AFL level than any of these blokes, individually or cumulatively.

We'll take the best rated junior star like we did ten years ago. Murphy walked into our side and was a jet from day one. Schache could take just as long to breakout as Kennedy. Would build the backline if we can get Weitering, Carlisle and a young forward by trading Henderson for a pick. Weitering could play third tall like Lever who came in after being troubled by a knee reco. We be able to introduce ease him into senior footy whilst Jamison, White and Rowe are around. I can see Jaksch playing forward due to his mobility and kicking skills.
Unlikely.

We'll no doubt throw him straight into the deep end like we did with Watson.

I don't agree. We need quality youth (particularly KPP's) and leadership on our list and Lever would have provided that more than the above IMO. It's all just opinion and time will tell, but certainly so far Lever has shown more at AFL level than any of these blokes, individually or cumulatively.

The thinking was right and particularly in terms of our rating of Jaksch & Boekhorst.

If that doesn't come to fruition, then it's about the way we rated the players and not about the methods we used.

The thinking was right and particularly in terms of our rating of Jaksch & Boekhorst.

If that doesn't come to fruition, then it's about the way we rated the players and not about the methods we used.

I just wanted Lever is basically all I'm saying and was disappointed we traded the pick away for what we did, even before Boekhorst's selection. Given the state of our KPD's and the likelihood of getting Weitering, it just stings a little more as these two could potentially have formed a killer defensive duo for the next decade. All I hope is that we make choices as good as the Cripps one for the next 5 years, we're gonna need to.

I just wanted Lever is basically all I'm saying and was disappointed we traded the pick away for what we did, even before Boekhorst's selection. Given the state of our KPD's and the likelihood of getting Weitering, it just stings a little more as these two could potentially have formed a killer defensive duo for the next decade. All I hope is that we make choices as good as the Cripps one for the next 5 years, we're gonna need to.

I wanted him too...........between you and me.

Was just the right 'type' for us but so is Weitering and when Jaksch comes good.........and he will, we should have the start of a decent back-line.
Hoping doesn't get you anywhere but if it did, I'd be hoping for Giles' issues to be behind him......Have to get lucky with these KPD's one day :)

his name is pronounced "shack", right?

his parents said so on Future Stars I'm pretty sure

so why the * does everyone (including the people on Future Stars who relayed the message from his parents) keep calling him shack-e?

I thought it was Ska-kee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read his name as 'Sheik'.

For some reason he doesnt impress me that much.

Now watch as he goes on to be the greatest player ever and makes me look stupid.
Halfway through the trade period and we havnt traded any player into the club with Judd carazzo Henderson and yarran gone or going and with that a lot of depth we'd better get to adding some depth to the list hence Tomlinson plowman so on because if we get injuries again like last year god help us!

Halfway through the trade period and we havnt traded any player into the club with Judd carazzo Henderson and yarran gone or going and with that a lot of depth we'd better get to adding some depth to the list hence Tomlinson plowman so on because if we get injuries again like last year god help us!

Dont really care about injuries next year. We're probably finishing last anyways!

Dont really care about injuries next year. We're probably finishing last anyways!
Yes your probably right although when they could get near their best side that they did show they can compete but as soon as the injuries started to come it all fell apart and nobody likes and I'm sure you would feel the same seeing the team consistently getting thumped by big margins we can atleast be competitive whilst losing yes?

Yes your probably right although when they could get near their best side that they did show they can compete but as soon as the injuries started to come it all fell apart and nobody likes and I'm sure you would feel the same seeing the team consistently getting thumped by big margins we can atleast be competitive whilst losing yes?

Mate, its all about defence next year. Get the tackling pressure up and get our backline sorted.

From there we grow.

his name is pronounced "shack", right?

his parents said so on Future Stars I'm pretty sure

so why the **** does everyone (including the people on Future Stars who relayed the message from his parents) keep calling him shack-e?
The name 'Schache' is of German origin and should be pronounced "Shah - Kha" (the 2nd syllable a gutter sound like the Scottish 'ch' is 'Loch'.
How he pronounces it is another matter entirely.
'Sha - kee' is not too bad, a most similar German names get mispronounced similarly (Kitschke - for example was mangled to 'Kich - kee'.)
After all, who pronounces 'Riewoldt' correctly?

Actually, Jacob Weitering has the same issue: in theory it should be 'Vy - ter - ring'. I've heard al sorts of rubbish (Wee - ter - ring, for example). I'd be interested to know how the lad actually pronounces his name.

Mate, its all about defence next year. Get the tackling pressure up and get our backline sorted.

From there we grow.
Couldn't agree more with weitering and hopefully plowman down back and Tomlinson as the swingman Docherty tuohy Buckley Simpson jamison when fit the basis of a good back line is there Rowe maybe released fwd at times a more consistent workrate and effort and tackling and we can see a much more consistent
competitive side but it all starts in this trade period I'm not fussed on phillips lamb and Sumner but give me Tomlinson and plowman and I feel it will help enormously .

Im getting nervous about this draft period. It seems just too likely that carlton will take schache just to piss us off.

Im getting nervous about this draft period. It seems just too likely that carlton will take schache just to piss us off.
This is Carlton we're talking about, not Collingwood. Carlton will take Weitering and we will take Schache. Take it to the bank. :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back