Josh Simpson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful news and the best outcome we, (supporters), the club and, most importantly, Josh could have hoped for.

I hope that the nay-sayers who called his career finished, or hanging by a thread, give themselves a series of uppercuts and enjoy their felt hat with salt and pepper.

Maybe THEY need to HTFU and stop being soft?
Yeah I think a few blokes were mixing bath salts in with their cones. If you can trail the coach and the ambulance home in a time trial, bugger off at half time from a WAFL match, knock someone's block off and be a guest of Her Majesty for 6 months and still be on an AFL list then TYF's misdemeanors were small fry by comparison. I bet he's back in the side after the bye and I bet he gets a Rising Star nomination this season.

Really hope Josh can fulfill his massive potential. Let's all move on now in a positive way. This guy obviously loves playing footy. It's all up to him now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I'm a foreskin then there's a giant circumcised utensil out there somewhere

Spending a bit of time over here recently Keyser. Much as it's hard to believe... the presence of a Slimer has made the thread a better one. Thankfully you're a better class of Slimer than the vast majority... so I might escape ostracism. :thumbsu:

Spending a bit of time over here recently Keyser. Much as it's hard to believe... the presence of a Slimer has made the thread a better one. Thankfully you're a better class of Slimer than the vast majority... so I might escape ostracism. :thumbsu:

I like your board after a freo loss. Sadly that's less frequent than I'd like

Sigh. Looking back on this thread, it has gone from racist, to personal, to vulgar and so on.

I should have seen it coming, it was not my intention. I don't see race, I don't care. All I see is a player spit the dummy at not being picked. To me that is indefensible no matter where you come from. He has been playing for east fremantle prior to getting drafted, he should know better. Anyway he is being punished for it and probably won't be selected in the 1's for a long time. So onwards and upwards.

I will say this. Yes, I have been critical of Simpson, yes I think morabito is a dumb footballer, yes I thought Walters career was finished, and no I don't rate Clancee Pearce as a footballer. Man the whole idea of this board is for opinions, rightly or wrongly, it seems these days though that the moment you have an opinion which goes against the majority, you get pilloried for it.... That's why I find myself on here less and less, which I'm sure many of you are happy about. I don't like the way it is going.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be another oddball topic that I have an out there opinion on which I will cave and post about to enable some of you to get up in arms at my "stupidity" and talk about how wrong I was about Walters etc.

Peace.kpr.out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sigh. Looking back on this thread, it has gone from racist, to personal, to vulgar and so on.

I should have seen it coming, it was not my intention. I don't see race, I don't care. All I see is a player spit the dummy at not being picked. To me that is indefensible no matter where you come from. He has been playing for east fremantle prior to getting drafted, he should know better. Anyway he is being punished for it and probably won't be selected in the 1's for a long time. So onwards and upwards.

I will say this. Yes, I have been critical of Simpson, yes I think morabito is a dumb footballer, yes I thought Walters career was finished, and no I don't rate Clancee Pearce as a footballer. Man the whole idea of this board is for opinions, rightly or wrongly, it seems these days though that the moment you have an opinion which goes against the majority, you get pilloried for it.... That's why I find myself on here less and less, which I'm sure many of you are happy about. I don't like the way it is going.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be another oddball topic that I have an out there opinion on which I will cave and post about to enable some of you to get up in arms at my "stupidity" and talk about how wrong I was about Walters etc.

Peace.kpr.out

Pal, you got pilloried here because, in the main, you base your opinions on nothing.

For example I pulled you up in the past on your knowledge of Simpson's circumstances and Aboriginal culture in general.

Your response?

"Yeah, I've been to Yalgoo".

FFS.:rolleyes:

You state in your OP that 16 other clubs who passed on Simpson are looking smart, as if Simpson was tearing the club apart, yet nothing could be further from the truth. If Simpson fulfills his potential the other 16 clubs will be looking very stupid.

You state above that playing for East Freo Colts should somehow have prepared a kid from the middle of butt-f*** Idaho for the rigours of an AFL squad. Yeah right.

You have been unrelenting in your attacks on Morabito because you watched him a bit as a kid, yet recruiters from all over the country had a diametrically opposed view. So you change tack and say that he is a "dumb footballer". What is that supposed to even mean? His limited time as an AFL footballer would say otherwise, as would his outstanding junior career.

You quite openly stated that Son-Son was GONE. Based upon nothing as usual, and the tone of your posts were almost rejoicing that fact. How did that pan out again?

Yes, it is an opinions site, yes you are entitled to yours, yet you went to the trouble of starting a thread before anybody else here stating yet another opinion based upon nothing at all.

So don't cry when people pull you up.

Far from crying. Stating what I see

I've seen morabito play from a youngster through to peel and in the afl. By dumb I mean he kicks to dumb positions. He bombs it without looking. Nothing I have seen has changed my mind on that.

You seem to be making the Simpson issue racial. I don't care where he is from, playing team sports should enable him to know that spitting the dummy and letting your team down is not on. I don't care where you are from.

And for the record I was far from the only person saying that Walters was done, I'm not on an island with that one.

Pull me up as you see fit, it won't change my mind. I just don't like the personal attacks when someone doesn't agree with an opinion. That is what I was referring too, and from reading back through this thread, that seems to be your forte'. But if that's what floats your boat, all power to you. I don't like it

Far from crying. Stating what I see

I've seen morabito play from a youngster through to peel and in the afl. By dumb I mean he kicks to dumb positions. He bombs it without looking. Nothing I have seen has changed my mind on that.

You seem to be making the Simpson issue racial. I don't care where he is from, playing team sports should enable him to know that spitting the dummy and letting your team down is not on. I don't care where you are from.

And for the record I was far from the only person saying that Walters was done, I'm not on an island with that one.

Pull me up as you see fit, it won't change my mind. I just don't like the personal attacks when someone doesn't agree with an opinion. That is what I was referring too, and from reading back through this thread, that seems to be your forte'. But if that's what floats your boat, all power to you. I don't like it

there it is....FFS.

I have never made this racial at all. However, I have tied it intrinsically to cultural identity, which are two very different things.

You should care about where he is from because it has EVERYTHING to do with this and only further underlines your ignorance on the issue.

Going through Yalgoo in a mining bus a couple of times just doesn't cut it.

You quite openly stated that Son-Son was GONE. Based upon nothing as usual, and the tone of your posts were almost rejoicing that fact. How did that pan out again?

Probably the funniest reason someone came up with for not giving him a game when available for re-selection was he's 'too slow'. Could be wrong but it might have been from one of esteemed posters from South Australia.

Reality is the club is a business. It's all risk-reward. Clearly Simpson has a great deal of talent and the club wont pass him up
until such a time that they believe future costs will outweigh benefits. Hell if you are really good you can stop your car in the middle
of a highway whilst approaching a booze buss and leg it into the suburbs. Couldn't see a player on the rookie list living that one down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its worth noting that he did attend a prestigious Adelaide college for three years and had played at state level for two, its not as though we plucked him straight out of Yalgoo. He would have had a lot of education in that time and learnt not to spit the dummy when you probably don't deserve a spot in the 22 anyway.

Its worth noting that he did attend a prestigious Adelaide college for three years and had played at state level for two, its not as though we plucked him straight out of Yalgoo. He would have had a lot of education in that time and learnt not to spit the dummy when you probably don't deserve a spot in the 22 anyway.

This

He spat the dummy. If anyone else did it people wouldn't be so sympathetic.

Hope Ross Lyon is happy that he didn't pick him and then embarrassed him on a national stage. He's so tough.

Simpson wouldn't have done anything tonight. Three game players wouldn't have burst apart that game. Or maybe they would've. I don't think a skinny forward pocket or winger would've though, and that's not putting down Josh – that's just how it goes. Simpson's issues are totally redundant and unimportant to that loss or the one against the Swans.

There are plenty of guys who did play that game and against the Swans to berate. Plenty.

Hope Ross Lyon is happy that he didn't pick him and then embarrassed him on a national stage. He's so tough.
Lyon basically said they were really disappointed with Simpson. He then said the club realised Simpson's issues. He then vaguely threw up some things most people could realise as issues: homesickness, culture shock, family commitments. He didn't embarrass him at all. He probably upped empathy for Simpson while also showing the disappointment that was totally fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back