Jourdan Canil's September Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Reece McKenzie - There is no part of his game that has doubts over it what so ever anymore. He is the prototype dominant key forward in the Kurt Tippett mould, yet he came equal second in the 20 metre sprints in the combine with a time of 2.87. His 24/30 on the field kicking test was just one less than the elite left footer, Liam Duggan. He also came equal seventh in the standing vertical leap test. McKenzie came equal first in the clean hands test with 26/30

His agility?

Any thoughts on Ed Morris? Played for Gippsland Power with Curnico and Webb last year and took out the B&F. Backed it up this year in VFL for Casey finishing 5th in their B&F with a strong second half of the season. Tough, smart midfielder and a tackling machine. Would have thought he'd be in the mix.

Any thoughts on Ed Morris? Played for Gippsland Power with Curnico and Webb last year and took out the B&F. Backed it up this year in VFL for Casey finishing 5th in their B&F with a strong second half of the season. Tough, smart midfielder and a tackling machine. Would have thought he'd be in the mix.

Is that you Ed?

Is that you Ed?
Hahah, no but that's funny. I'm a bit past getting a kick unfortunately, except maybe with the kids at half time. Just from West Gippsland and seen his progress. There was an article on AFL website not too long ago about possible draftees from the VFL, WAFL etc that had a write up on him. Basically confirmed what I'd seen of him.

Hahah, no but that's funny. I'm a bit past getting a kick unfortunately, except maybe with the kids at half time. Just from West Gippsland and seen his progress. There was an article on AFL website not too long ago about possible draftees from the VFL, WAFL etc that had a write up on him. Basically confirmed what I'd seen of him.

Cool, the common themes from all of these phantom drafts is barely any mature age players included which we know from past drafts won't happen. After the succes of guys like ballantyne, barlow etc clubs will definite ly be looking at some of the older guys

Cool, the common themes from all of these phantom drafts is barely any mature age players included which we know from past drafts won't happen. After the succes of guys like ballantyne, barlow etc clubs will definite ly be looking at some of the older guys
Ah, well there you go, I'm learning something. Thanks.

His agility?
Not really. There's nothing that I hate more than when commentators mention a player's basketball background. But this time, McKenzie's basketball background set a really solid framework in his lateral movement. His turning circle is excellent for a player of his size.

Morris was a bit of a smokey last year. Unfortunately, I doubt he will get drafted. His skills aren't excellent and he's not a wonderful athlete. Need both of those, or to be an absolute standout to get picked up as a nineteen year old in the VFL.

Glenn and Howe will definitely get picked. Steele is technically an over-ager by about two weeks.
Don't forget Nathan Drummond either. He's the absolute standout of the 19 year olds for me. Finished in the top ten for every draft combine category besides one test. (Think it was agility, don't quote me on that though)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back