Jules Bianchi Incident

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the facts:

• Went off after Sutil's crash, collided with a tractor that had come out to rescue Sutil's car
  • Taken to hospital unconscious, and taken via ambulance due to the helicopter being unable to fly

Those are the facts.

Just seen photos on twitter of Bianchi's car being craned away, all the drivers and crash structure appears to be intact, a bit of damage to the air intake above the drivers head though.

Just seen photos on twitter of Bianchi's car being craned away, all the drivers and crash structure appears to be intact, a bit of damage to the air intake above the drivers head though.

That's the danger - if his head collided with the bottom of the tractor it's not going to be good news. So avoidable too.

My interpretation of images that have been posted on twitter:

It appears the back of the car is the part that went under the back of the JCB. It was the two rear tyres that were seen bunched together. Airbox on top in tact, the driver cockpit looks to be in one piece. Still worry is that such a huge impact regardless of where and what he hit can be obviously cause any sort of injury

Just on Sky

Chopper could fly. Choice was made to drive

This makes sense, because the FIA once delayed a practice session in the US when the helicopter couldn't fly. If they still ran the race when the chopper was out of action pitchforks would rightly be outside the FIA HQ.

My interpretation of images that have been posted on twitter:

It appears the back of the car is the part that went under the back of the JCB. It was the two rear tyres that were seen bunched together. Airbox on top in tact, the driver cockpit looks to be in one piece. Still worry is that such a huge impact regardless of where and what he hit can be obviously cause any sort of injury

Hopefully your interpretation is correct :)

Yep, from some other pictures I've just seen it does appear to be the two rear tyres that are sticking out from behind/underneath the tractor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eerily similar to the Maria de Villota incident.

COPY A DAY
Can I copy sunday and replace monday with it?

On a more serious note, should be a serious investigation into why the safety car wasn't called when the initial crash happened.

I am guessing we won't here for a while how jules is, unless its bad news so here is hoping we hear nothing.

On a more serious note, should be a serious investigation into why the safety car wasn't called when the initial crash happened.
Completely agree.

For the fastest cars in the world, I've always thought it's been ridiculous that Safety Cars aren't pulled earlier for all incidents were the car is stranded.

V8supercars have safety cars for the smallest of incidents.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back