Jules Bianchi Incident

Remove this Banner Ad

Summed it up well. As does the headline in the following piece.

10fvt00.jpg

http://bit.ly/1BfMa0H
It was impressive that they managed to say so much without placing a bit of blame on the FIA or the GP organisers.

My view on all this has been very simple.

Putting all other factors such as the weather and the presence of the tractor to one side, The FIA ultimately sets the parameters as to how the sport is conducted, down to the last nut and bolt. If teams or individuals stray outside those parameters and tragic events occur as a result, then blame lies with those teams or individuals in part, absolutely. But the FIA as a governing body has implicitly turned a blind eye to speeding back to the end of the queue in the past, without pulling the drivers or the teams into line. A rule not enforced is no rule at all. So it's on their heads as well.

My view on all this has been very simple.

Putting all other factors such as the weather and the presence of the tractor to one side, The FIA ultimately sets the parameters as to how the sport is conducted, down to the last nut and bolt. If teams or individuals stray outside those parameters and tragic events occur as a result, then blame lies with those teams or individuals in part, absolutely. But the FIA as a governing body has implicitly turned a blind eye to speeding back to the end of the queue in the past, without pulling the drivers or the teams into line. A rule not enforced is no rule at all. So it's on their heads as well.
Sometimes common sense has to take precedence over black letter rules. So far I haven't seen a reasonable explanation as to why the Safety Car wasn't deployed immediately after the Sutil smash.

Still think about him every time I see Vettel/Raikkonen driving that Ferrari. If only...

Really hope all ends up for the best. Horrible situation.
He and van der Garde were signed for Sauber this year. And it's a decent car too.

He and van der Garde were signed for Sauber this year. And it's a decent car too.
Ah, okay. Last I'd heard was that Ferrari loved him. Would have been brilliant in the Sauber regardless. I'm still hopeful he can get back and race in the future. Naïve, maybe, but I can still be hopeful. More than anything though, just hope he can recover to a level where he can enjoy his life, whatever that level may be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah, okay. Last I'd heard was that Ferrari loved him. Would have been brilliant in the Sauber regardless. I'm still hopeful he can get back and race in the future. Naïve, maybe, but I can still be hopeful. More than anything though, just hope he can recover to a level where he can enjoy his life, whatever that level may be.
He was part of the Ferrari Academy I think, but he wasn't ready for a Ferrari drive just yet.

Nobody is revealing how much brain activity there might be but it must be more than zero if the hope is still there that he will recover.

It might take years but if money for his care is no problem he should be given the chance to wake up.

I wish him the very best.

Hope this bump doesn't scare anyone, just wondering if anyone has read any further news? I've had a bit of a look and can't see an update on his condition, other than his out of the coma and breathing unaided.

Last edited:
Hope this bump doesn't scare anyone, just wondering if anyone has read any further news? I've had a bit of a look and can't see an update on his condition, other than his out of the coma and breathing unaided soon.
No further updates that I've seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back