Jules Bianchi Incident

Philippe Bianchi says he is "less optimistic" about Jules' chances of recovery and "At some point, you need to be well-grounded and realise how serious the situation is."

http://uk.motorsport.com/f1/news/bianchi-s-father-less-optimistic-about-recovery

This bit in particular
"If he finds himself with huge disabilities, we're pretty sure it's not at all what Jules would want," he said.

"We had talked about it. He told us that if he were to have an accident similar to Michael Schumacher's, if he were even just not to be able to drive anymore, it would be very hard for him to accept it. Because it was his life."
sounds to me like he's preparing himself to make a decision no father should have to make.

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
Philippe Bianchi says he is "less optimistic" about Jules' chances of recovery and "At some point, you need to be well-grounded and realise how serious the situation is."

http://uk.motorsport.com/f1/news/bianchi-s-father-less-optimistic-about-recovery

This bit in particular

sounds to me like he's preparing himself to make a decision no father should have to make.
As a father, I can honestly say nothing scares me more than the thought of losing my little girl. To face the decision Mr Bianchi faces is unimaginable.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

He's gone.

https://www.facebook.com/JBianchi.OfficialFanPage/posts/1106786372683524

It is with deep sadness that the parents of Jules Bianchi, Philippe and Christine, his brother Tom and sister Mélanie, wish to make it known that Jules passed away last night at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire (CHU) in Nice, (France) where he was admitted following the accident of 5th October 2014 at Suzuka Circuit during the Japanese Formula 1 Grand Prix.

“Jules fought right to the very end, as he always did, but today his battle came to an end,” said the Bianchi family. “The pain we feel is immense and indescribable. We wish to thank the medical staff at Nice’s CHU who looked after him with love and dedication. We also thank the staff of the General Medical Center in the Mie Prefecture (Japan) who looked after Jules immediately after the accident, as well as all the other doctors who have been involved with his care over the past months.

"Furthermore, we thank Jules’ colleagues, friends, fans and everyone who has demonstrated their affection for him over these past months, which gave us great strength and helped us deal with such difficult times. Listening to and reading the many messages made us realise just how much Jules had touched the hearts and minds of so many people all over the world.

"We would like to ask that our privacy is respected during this difficult time, while we try to come to terms with the loss of Jules.”

Atlanta_Cats

All Australian
Dec 21, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Atlanta hawks, New Orleans saints
Always had a feeling this day may come, but it does not make me feel any better about it, shocking news :(
#FORZAJULES

Anzac16

Premiership Player
Jun 21, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Central Districts
Just shattered by this news. Had a feeling it was coming eventually but always held out some hope.

#ForzaJules

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
He was never going to survive that. I don't know what this long since has done for the mans spirit. Most racing drivers have very strong spirits.

In his last race he was in third at one point.

CKKlJl7WgAAYxaf.jpg:large

Back