July Daily Punt

Remove this Banner Ad

Lord Of The Sky slowing moving up to be one of the all time great cats?

Now up to north of 365 since last win(monash second up last year). Just can't win a race when it's expected too. Don't think it's all him being a dog, think he needs to dictate terms but still if that's his one trick he's just not up to the results he has had. Even had the softish track he likes today.

Today

Carnarvon Race 1 #1 $3.3, 1U

Tomorrow Belmont

Race 2: Civil Rights $14, 0.5U
Race 4: Red Ora $2.9 1U
Race 5: Castle Retreat $13 0.5U
Race 6: Oakhurst Flyer $5 1U
Race 7: Rock Magic $5.5 1U
Race 8: Zuccheros* $5 2U

Today

Carnarvon Race 1 #1 $3.3, 1U

Tomorrow Belmont

Race 2: Civil Rights $14, 0.5U
Race 4: Red Ora $2.9 1U
Race 5: Castle Retreat $13 0.5U
Race 6: Oakhurst Flyer $5 1U
Race 7: Rock Magic $5.5 1U
Race 8: Zuccheros* $5 2U

Can you see the fav in race 1 getting beaten tomorrow mate?

Uber impressive run first start against a talented horse, looked the goods and increase in distance surely helps? Cautious about the 2nd fav?

Can you see the fav in race 1 getting beaten tomorrow mate?

Uber impressive run first start against a talented horse, looked the goods and increase in distance surely helps? Cautious about the 2nd fav?

Yeah i can see him being beat. Although he's not exactly a super talent or anything he is still better than these. I have worries with my Northam ratings as the track out there can be basically bitumen at times and anytime something wins by 6 eased down at its first start i get a little worried.

Market is pretty close to true for mine. Saying all that, if i had to invest i would be going the fav.

Yeah i can see him being beat. Although he's not exactly a super talent or anything he is still better than these. I have worries with my Northam ratings as the track out there can be basically bitumen at times and anytime something wins by 6 eased down at its first start i get a little worried.

Market is pretty close to true for mine. Saying all that, if i had to invest i would be going the fav.

So you can see him being beat or you cant? :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a lazy 4 seconds for me at Flemington today - beaten 0.1L 0.75L 0.1L 0.4L

Untitled12.gif

Was going to start a thread on him but meh (I'm sure i would ruin his run), Fernando Bale, 16 straight wins (most of them in top company and 21-1-0 over his past 22 starts), chasing the Australian record of 22 set by Tropical One (non TAB meetings in far north QLD back in 2003-04).

In a sport that needed something like this to desperately come along its been great to see.

Aiming for #17 at the Meadows this Saturday night in a semi final after winning his heat in slow time last week with some very nervous moments early on for those that took the $1.10 as he uncharacteristically missed the start.

Im not a huge dogs fan by any means but ill be tuning in to watch him from now on to see if he can keep the streak alive.

Last edited:
Speaking of cult figures going around. Has anyone ever heard of a more non-winning horse than Street Bandit? Maiden who today placed for the 20th time from 37 starts without ever putting it's nose in front. Most places are Saturday/midweek metrop placings (when it's gone provincial it's failed). Can't call it the worst horse I've ever seen as it's now won 63k but a long way from the horse that pushed Balmont Girl at his second start.

Speaking of cult figures going around. Has anyone ever heard of a more non-winning horse than Street Bandit? Maiden who today placed for the 20th time from 37 starts without ever putting it's nose in front. Most places are Saturday/midweek metrop placings (when it's gone provincial it's failed). Can't call it the worst horse I've ever seen as it's now won 63k but a long way from the horse that pushed Balmont Girl at his second start.

Smart horse :thumbsu:

Limited ability so just does enough to keep picking up place cheques without winning and having to go up in grade

There was horse a couple of weeks ago (maybe a month) at Northam (7yo?) midweek who had one win in 45-50 starts or something, that solitary win coming the start prior, it made it two on the trot, it wasnt a decent race or anything, infact i think it may have been 2nd or 3rd fav around $5, how do i remember this?

I backed 2nd. :drunk:

Loaded up for the place one day thinking it's just a moral to lob in the money... looms in the straight then just peters out to run about 5th :$. Ugh.

There'll be a race for him you'd think, it just might be in Esperance :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back