jumper clashes!!!!! this weekend, what the *

Well they did ask for "crazy" predictions for Crazy Domains...
You on their side Mr Fivey?
I have never even visited the clubs Facebook page but it sounds like it would be a good laugh until you realise they are serious.

What are they saying on Facebook? Is it club sock puppets saying "I like the idea of the clash jumper"..."yeah me too" "we need more navy tri-panel"
"Stop living in the past" is the main one

The Dodger

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
You on their side Mr Fivey?

"Stop living in the past" is the main one
tumblr_mqds0yq3531somw7ho6_500.png

Notice the colour of the drums?...I thought you would.

arfadunger

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Up until 2007 we were the mighty eagles. We would do what was best for the club, try to win flags, and stand up to the AFL in an endeavour for us to get a fair go (sadly with limited results). Since the drugs debacle we are more interested in being a good AFL and corporate citizen and community leader. This is just another example of the soft hierarchy of this club laying over and doing whatever the AFL asks of it.

I'm sick of it. I want us to start up to standing up for our club again and focus our efforts on winning flags, not the other BS.

Up until 2007 we were the mighty eagles. We would do what was best for the club, try to win flags, and stand up to the AFL in an endeavour for us to get a fair go (sadly with limited results). Since the drugs debacle we are more interested in being a good AFL and corporate citizen and community leader. This is just another example of the soft hierarchy of this club laying over and doing whatever the AFL asks of it.

I'm sick of it. I want us to start up to standing up for our club again and focus our efforts on winning flags, not the other BS.

So you want the club to focus its efforts on winning flags, but also want it to pick a fight with the AFL over what jumper we wear in a home and away game?

I want the club to stand up for itself. Sorry if that was hard to understand

That part that was hard to understand was where you linked it to winning flags.

So in your view what should the club be doing in this situation?

arfadunger

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Don't worry about mate. If you can't see that over the last six or seven years that we've become a meek branch office and puppet of the AFL as opposed to the mighty club that we used to be when it's interests were the club, it's supporters, members, and WA footy then you won't see the correlation that this is another example of how we just bend over and do whatever the AFL tell us to do.

Don't worry about mate. If you can't see that over the last six or seven years that we've become a meek branch office and puppet of the AFL as opposed to the mighty club that we used to be when it's interests were the club, it's supporters, members, and WA footy then you won't see the correlation that this is another example of how we just bend over and do whatever the AFL tell us to do.

I'm not arguing that, I'm asking what you expect a club that stands up for itself to have done in this situation.

arfadunger

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Actually, I've never said that the club should have done anything about standing up to the AFL in this instance of the jumper we are forced to wear. It's too late now. We've already set the tone of laying down and following the AFL's lead. This is just one of the consequences.

Actually, I've never said that the club should have done anything about standing up to the AFL in this instance of the jumper we are forced to wear. It's too late now. We've already set the tone of laying down and following the AFL's lead. This is just one of the consequences.

Actually you said it was "another example of how we just bend over and do what the AFL tells us to do".

What would the mighty, take no prisoners West Coast of the 1990s have done?

Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, GSW Bandwagoner
Actually you said it was "another example of how we just bend over and do what the AFL tells us to do".

They would have played a 'home' final in Melbourne in open rebellion towards the AFL henchmen

arfadunger

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Questions, questions, questions.................... Maybe I can ask you one. Do you think that the AFL would even consider asking/telling Collingwood to wear an alternate strip for one of their home games.

Questions, questions, questions.................... Maybe I can ask you one. Do you think that the AFL would even consider asking/telling Collingwood to wear an alternate strip for one of their home games.

Maybe you could answer the question you've been asked three times, before asking one of your own?

I know. Much more fun to just whinge and moan about the way the club is run, without specifying what it is that they should have done differently.
It's been my tactic with moderators for five years.

arfadunger

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Maybe you could answer the question you've been asked three times, before asking one of your own?
As I said before, it's too late now. If we had of actually stood up for the club's rights over the last few years the AFL would never consider telling us to change our jumper for a home game, as they wouldn't for Collingwood.

If you're happy for the club to be run as one of the AFLs branches, rather than a strong standalone club, then that's fine by me.

Back