Jumper numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathan, I have stated númerous times on here that I am not the REAL Ivan Rasmussen, especially as my username is mis-spelt anyway! He was just a rangy forward that caught my eye the first time I watched Footscray play. Later he played in at least one flag side at Port with (the real) Fred Cook.

And no, go you pups, I am not Daniel Bandy either! :)
I was just kidding. And hey, let us believe. :p

Nathan, I have stated númerous times on here that I am not the REAL Ivan Rasmussen, especially as my username is mis-spelt anyway! He was just a rangy forward that caught my eye the first time I watched Footscray play. Later he played in at least one flag side at Port with (the real) Fred Cook.

And no, go you pups, I am not Daniel Bandy either! :)

Jeeez - how am I gunna tell the kids????

I'd like for Hunter to stay in 26. It's a nothing number, but he's talented enough to change that.

Put 7 on ice for WHE's arrival 12 months from now. ;)

Welcome Baddog
I think with the famous numbers it's good to go with players who have shown they are or will be A graders so Libba sounds good for 7.
Thanks for the welcome Fossie 32, I think you are right but would still like to see JJ wearing it.

Wouldn't be surprised if Hunter did move up. Not sure if it'll be to 7 though.
26 is a horrible nothing number.
But what about Zeph Skinner?

Didn't Richard Murrie wear 26 ? Handy FB.

He did. Took a screamer at Arden St one day (one-handed), that would have been mark-of-the-week, but Ch 7 wasn't there, and ABC camera wasn't allowed to use Ch7 position, so angle didn't do it justice. He climbed over a pack, and from where we were looking down the ground as he took it on the wing, he was backlit beautifully by the sun, and stood on a North player's shoulders. It was a conspiracy...!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Memory lane. Laurie Rippon was 11. Terry DeKonnig too I think.

You're right. I remember Rippon, just caught the end of his career with us. Funny - according to what I just looked up, Rippon wore 11 in rounds 5 and 6 of 1973, then Rasmussen wore it from round 11 onwards.

Rippon came from Welshpool, I think, then played VFA?? Ivan was from Leongatha.

I'd like for Hunter to stay in 26. It's a nothing number, but he's talented enough to change that.

Put 7 on ice for WHE's arrival 12 months from now. ;)

This guy won our goal kicking in 92-93 and kicked 8 goals (club record) in a final vs Geelong wearing 26

437644_thumb.jpg

This guy won our goal kicking in 92-93 and kicked 8 goals (club record) in a final vs Geelong wearing 26

437644_thumb.jpg
I was going to mention Del-Re!

139 goals from 62 games isn't a bad return.

Funny thing, someone in a work meeting today randomly referred to me as "Ivan" to make a point, he was using random names while pointing at people. I nearly fell off my chair! Maybe I really AM Ivan, and I'm just in denial... :)

You won't fool me, Nick Bruton

Now that we've got our list together, I thought we could revisit this and post any last-minute predictions - we already know who will be occupying the #16 and #17 lockers!

• 7 - Zaine Cordy - because seven sevens equals 49, Ayce's number. Ideally he won't be a seventh of the player that Ayce is, though.
  • 12 - Joel Hamling - he was a fan of Murray the Red Wiggle Bruce Jenner Tom Williams, and hopes to follow in the few footsteps that Tommy actually took.
  • 13 - Caleb Daniel - Foss was a favourite of the ladies, and I hear Caleb had a contingent of girls following him around at South Adelaide. It just fits.
  • 15 - Shane Biggs - 'Biggs' is a good fit for the locker formerly occupied by Scott Wynd, Roy McKay and David Darcy (they were big in their day).
  • 16 - Toby McLean - he has plenty of c*** in him, and we thought it was a good fit, seeing as the previous occupant of the #16 locker was a c***.
  • 17 - Tom Boyd - the number 7 would've been appropriate, given the length of his contract, but we'd be wasting valuable real estate on his giant back. He gets a double digit number.
  • 19 - Bailey Dale - the number of centimeters he'll grow in the next year or two, given the size of his feet.
  • 30 - Declan Hamilton - a testament to the number of years he'll traverse through time as he makes the move from Adelaide to Melbourne.
  • 35 - Lukas Webb - He'll be clearing out the cob- meh, it sounded funnier in my head. And I liked Stephen Tiller, I don't care what you say.

Now that we've got our list together, I thought we could revisit this and post any last-minute predictions - we already know who will be occupying the #16 and #17 lockers!

• 7 - Zaine Cordy - because seven sevens equals 49, Ayce's number. Ideally he won't be a seventh of the player that Ayce is, though.
  • 12 - Joel Hamling - he was a fan of Murray the Red Wiggle Bruce Jenner Tom Williams, and hopes to follow in the few footsteps that Tommy actually took.
  • 13 - Caleb Daniel - Foss was a favourite of the ladies, and I hear Caleb had a contingent of girls following him around at South Adelaide. It just fits.
  • 15 - Shane Biggs - 'Biggs' is a good fit for the locker formerly occupied by Scott Wynd, Roy McKay and David Darcy (they were big in their day).
  • 16 - Toby McLean - he has plenty of c*** in him, and we thought it was a good fit, seeing as the previous occupant of the #16 locker was a c***.
  • 17 - Tom Boyd - the number 7 would've been appropriate, given the length of his contract, but we'd be wasting valuable real estate on his giant back. He gets a double digit number.
  • 19 - Bailey Dale - the number of centimeters he'll grow in the next year or two, given the size of his feet.
  • 30 - Declan Hamilton - a testament to the number of years he'll traverse through time as he makes the move from Adelaide to Melbourne.
  • 35 - Lukas Webb - He'll be clearing out the cob- meh, it sounded funnier in my head. And I liked Stephen Tiller, I don't care what you say.
I got a gut feel either Stringer or Macrae will inherit the number 7 and Boyd to wear 13...wouldn't mind seeing Jongy get a lower number as well?

I got a gut feel either Stringer or Macrae will inherit the number 7 and Boyd to wear 13...wouldn't mind seeing Jongy get a lower number as well?
Defies sense that Hunter gets 7 not LIbba. We all remember who had 21 before him. Boyd should get 31, the number of our greatest FF, hopefully he will be half as good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back