Discussion Jumpers That Never Were

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha I'm watching it but I have zero intention on purchasing it – just keen to see what it goes for in the end.

What intrigues me though is how he says there were only three ever made and that there is one at the Bulldogs museum, supposedly one with Sekem and this seller owns the third.

I know for a fact (have seen it in person) that there is one at the National Sports Museum at the 'G. Would that be guernsey number two, the one that he is "lead to believe" is with Sekem?

Or were there more than three produced?
Yeah that's what I thought, there's some great jumpers in the museum at the MCG.

Haha I'm watching it but I have zero intention on purchasing it – just keen to see what it goes for in the end.

What intrigues me though is how he says there were only three ever made and that there is one at the Bulldogs museum, supposedly one with Sekem and this seller owns the third.

I know for a fact (have seen it in person) that there is one at the National Sports Museum at the 'G. Would that be guernsey number two, the one that he is "lead to believe" is with Sekem?

I'm wondering that too. Why only three? Such an odd number to produce. How did he manage to acquire it as well? That's something I'd like to know.

The great Bigfooty meet can attest to this. There definitely is on at the Western Oval too, so it's not like he's gotten confused. It would be pretty sad if Sekem managed to get this lost and sold. You never know, maybe there were a few mocked up under the premise of them later being destroyed?

Or, now that I think of it, maybe the one at the MCG is a reproduction? There's a few jumpers there, I can't remember what specifically, but they were clearly made especially for the museum – logos were the size of 50 cent coins, designs looking off... maybe Sekem knocked up one of these (or had more than one in storage?) at a later date?

Who knows, regardless, a very cool item. Would love to know the seller's story. Anyone want to send him a message?

Anyway, it's just another reminder of how bad you should feel for the poor old Roys and how well the Bulldogs managed to get out scot free. As far as anyone knew, that season, it was absolutely going to be the Fitzroy Bulldogs wearing that and training in the Scray.

Last edited:
The great Bigfooty meet can attest to this. There definitely is on at the Western Oval too, so it's not like he's gotten confused. It would be pretty sad if Sekem managed to get this lost and sold. You never know, maybe there were a few mocked up under the premise of them later being destroyed?

Or, now that I think of it, maybe the one at the MCG is a reproduction? There's a few jumpers there, I can't remember what specifically, but they were clearly made especially for the museum – logos were the size of 50 cent coins, designs looking off... maybe Sekem knocked up one of these (or had more than one in storage?) at a later date?

Who knows, regardless, a very cool item. Would love to know the seller's story. Anyone want to send him a message?

Anyway, it's just another reminder of how bad you should feel for the poor old Roys and how well the Bulldogs managed to get out scot free. As far as anyone knew, that season, it was absolutely going to be the Fitzroy Bulldogs wearing that and training in the Scray.

I reckon the seller knows as much as what he's put in the description, I might send him a message though.

I do remember that the MCG jumper is basically exactly the same – right down to that old Sekem logo in the corner that looks like the Standard Chartered logo

I do remember that the MCG jumper is basically exactly the same – right down to that old Sekem logo in the corner that looks like the Standard Chartered logo
Such a cool logo by the way, it still looks modern in 2014. Should've kept it.

It's possible that the guernsey at the NSM is owned by Sekem.

Shame you can't take photos at the NSM, wouldn't be hard to take photos and compare otherwise.

So says the rules, but when we were there for FGD Convention 2.1(?) I snuck a photo when there were no 'guards' around.

I know I've posted it before but I can't seem to find it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was posted and discussed over the past couple of pages. ;)

I did notice that the price was lowered to about HALF of what it started (was $1900, IIRC), and now it says $950. He must be desperate to sell, and I'd be willing to bet if someone offered half that again (about $400-500) he might take the money and be happy with the sale.

By the way, do you listen to C2C? (Your comment is a common response by first time callers on the show, maybe it's used much by more than that one show's listeners, though.)

Hey mate. Yeah I saw the previous posts. I just linked that because It had finally sold for the $950. He must have accepted a lower offer. I reckon that is a fairly reasonable price for everyone involved considering how rare it is.
Haha no not C2C but it used to get thrown at KG and Cornsey on 5AA Adelaide every second call back in the day.

Oh, I read it wrong, I didn't realize it had sold, I just saw the price change. My bad. :oops:

Still a bargain, I think. I mean, aside from the buyer, where else can you get one? The Museum sure isn't going to sell theirs, and there's only one other, so I don't know if I'd have thrown a grand at it, but I sure would have paid half again, $400-500 no question, to hold onto it and resell at a later date. :D

That must be a common radio line then, because that's about the only call-in show I've listened to over the years that's not local, and though I don't think I've ever heard it on our local stations, it's almost nightly on Coast-to-coast AM (C2C) that someone says "Hey George, long time listener, first time caller", and I've listened to that show off and on since Art Bell was host, so 20 years since the first time, at least, and I just always assumed that was a special thing for their show. Learn something new everyday, right?

And if you know the show, I'm not big on conspiracy theory or whatev, I find most of it amusing, but they do have some solid (American) political and interesting scientific info and theory on from time to time, too, so to me it makes it worth listening to for something besides just being entertained by listening to someone who claims to have been repeatedly violated on spaceships by aliens. o_O I enjoy listening to all the nuts that call in to C2C! Good radio, if you're not familiar; just be prepared for some weirdness if you ever listen!

No dramas mate. Yeah $1k isn't cheap but as you said good luck finding another up for sale. Will have to keep an ear out for c2c next time I'm in the states.

Now, I'm obviously not a Power supporter. BUT, I think I got a bargain here.

A man who has a connection with ISC is selling all sorts of stuff. AFL and NRL gear from ISC.

One item he has been selling are these, which i got for $42 + postage. I think I got a bargain.

P1000254_zps786565c4.jpg

It's definitely legit, and shows Port were considering going with an all white clash jumper, instead of incorporating black cuffs/collar/side panels.

It's also player worn material, and has number 20 sublimated on the back.

P1000261_zpsb9fc8602.jpg
I reckon this with teal shorts and socks would look great! Either that or add the pb number panel to the current clash, i think it is one we should play around with every couple of years whilst leaving the home jumper constant (and wearing the pb's once a year).

I reckon this with teal shorts and socks would look great! Either that or add the pb number panel to the current clash, i think it is one we should play around with every couple of years whilst leaving the home jumper constant (and wearing the pb's once a year).
Yeah I threw that up a few weeks ago looking at the Philly Eagles white/teal combo, would look fantastic provided the teal shorts were a slightly darker shade. However, the AFL wouldn't go for that because they're just *in' stupid.
nfl-eagles-samuel-asante-22-away-jersey-stock-pic1.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back