Discussion Jumpers That Never Were

Remove this Banner Ad

I recall Bart Simpson using that line calling a radio station chat show which Krusty the clowns Rabbi father was a guest on with reverend lovejoy. If I recall correctly he was trying to reunite krusty with his estranged father. . . . . . .
Any simpsoon fans out there who can back me up? Probably season 4ish

I reckon the whole "there's only three" made is BS. Either that or someone's lying that they have a genuine original. If there's that guernsey at the hotel, the one at the NSM, the one at the Footscray FC Museum, that one on eBay... that makes four

The other three genuine ones have a sponsor and the Sekem logo at the bottom. That doesn't. Could be an early or secondary mock up (to show to fans, rather than for Sekem and serious consideration for the Footscray/Fitzroy boards) though

Genuine sekem player issues of the 90's didn't have the sekem logos or patches on the bottom of them. Only retails did.
Some clubs did. Sydney in the 1996 had a white patch bottom left with sekem written in blue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same with the Gold Coast Kangaroos.... a good search of the store rooms at Arden St would find the rest
We had nothing. Didn't even had club rooms. They got burned down, presumably by the AFL.

Where have you seen that?? On the afl photos site for swans in 96 I can't see it in any of those pics?
They were definitely on the grand final guernseys. You have to look pretty hard because most of the players tucked the guernseys in back then but you can see them on the highlights videos on YouTube. I own one of the guernseys from the day. Ps I was wrong when i said bottom left It'd actually be bottom right on the wearer.
http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2013-12-20/nmfc-archives-1996-grand-final
Probably the best look you can get is if you pause at 9.50.

Last edited:
4 years later... But yeah

At least we kept our name and colours

*blindly fires shot*

*retreats*

*ducks for cover*
*Fitzroy shot dead, Brisbane wounded*

*Melbourne, Hawthorn and Footscray retreat*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back