Jurassic World

Remove this Banner Ad

If product placement is one of the main issues then it must be ok. I never really understand the issue with that anyway.

Movie was good fun, ending was a bit over the top but overall entertaining. Interested to see if there will be anymore movies in the series.

i went in with low expectations as 2 and 3 were really bad. so came out thinking it was an ok flic. People going in expecting the next best movie ever will always come out hating on it.

It is what it is, a dinosaur eating lots of people movie (except for the main characters). Some good scenes, some homage to the original (and the book). Damn those lazy guards, could have stopped the whole thing.....

I must comment here, as I have been of the present time been given (alas) no other choice.

My ladywife, Genevieve, and I, attended a picture theatre after some light supper at the nearby delicatessen, and I have to say that within perhaps twelve minutes of the film, I was taken aback by the absurd premise set by this film.

Why, if an entire island set up as some megalithic monster seaworld resort were not grating enough, the notion (and indeed presentation) of said monsters being allowed out to chase the patrons of the island certainly must be! I chewed a minty and quietly digested the preposterous arrogance displayed by the writers, editors, directors further when I discovered that one of the creatures was of superior intellect and managed to escape using its advanced intelligence to trick it's keepers into believing something different! Preposterous! Alas!

All in all, I was largely unmoved, as was my ladywife Genevieve. I perhaps think that next time, I will attend a worthwhile romantic drama.

The dinosaur chase bit was teh f*kin ace th0ugh but

A question for those that have seen the film.

So the T-Rex didn't eat the people because it's main issue was that an unnatural creature was disturbing the 'natural' order of things? a bit like how the latest Godzilla movie was about nature's balance?
I took it more as he just couldn't be f***ed anymore.

A question for those that have seen the film.

So the T-Rex didn't eat the people because it's main issue was that an unnatural creature was disturbing the 'natural' order of things? a bit like how the latest Godzilla movie was about nature's balance?

She ran under the skeleton and as she did threw the flare at the Indominous, T-Rex follows the light and is drawn to the other large dinosaur. Bigger meal, bigger threat, the people were forgotten.

By the end of the fight they're standing still inside a building, as far as T-Rex knows only the raptor is left, and it decides to retreat instead of another fight.

Nobody was expecting a Lars von Trier movie. But PG-13 doesn't mean it has to be an assembly line production.
Unfortunately I mean why more dinosaurs, its like why more American cop shows, how many CSI's can you have. Law and orders, movies where's the new imaginations , for good stories? You can only watch so many giant lizards wrecking and killing things. Godzilla!!! how bloody big are we going to make these things, ha ha ha ! But the kids probably love it.

I saw an elelphant destroy a car with people in it , on the foxtel Nat Geo I think , at least it was real. Don't know if the people got out alive. Scary.

I'd like some good stuff. Some more historical stories , history has so much to offer , but we keep boldly going spaceward and getting f*****g bored senseless!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha I wouldnt know I don't keep track of it that closely but I did think Avatar held all of these records however I haven't seen it mentioned once.
Kind of irrelevant anyway. Come December Star Wars is about to annihilate that record.

I must comment here, as I have been of the present time been given (alas) no other choice.

My ladywife, Genevieve, and I, attended a picture theatre after some light supper at the nearby delicatessen, t

Did you eat Virginia double smoked ham at said delicatessen?

or was woolies sold out?

Re-watched the first one again last night. Probably a good 10 years or so since I last saw it. It's still ******* awesome, the raptor scene is so intense.
One small thing I just picked up on. The scene where the raptor is trying to break through the door and the young girl locks all the doors. Why don't Doctor Grant and his missus just get the boy to pass them the gun?

If I was to rate the movies I'd say

Jurassic Park is a genuine 9/10, maybe even a 9.5.
Lost World and JP3 5/10 movies at best.
Jurassic World a 7/10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back