Jurassic World

Remove this Banner Ad

Went and saw it yesterday, like many others I didn't have great expectations but enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

The typical blockbuster by numbers plot and characters were predictable but it had some good action scenes, especially when the pterodactyls and other dinos started running amok and attacking people. Would have liked to have seen a few more gory deaths but I guess they are limited to what they can do without giving it an R rating and losing the family audience.

Would give it a 5 or 6 out of 10 overall, not great but good enough for what it is.

It was always going to rake in big dollars whether it was good or bad just on having the Jurassic name alone.

There weren't any Pterodactyl's in the movie?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I want to see a Prattasarus hybrid. A wise cracking dinosaur. The Guardians of the Jurassics.

11248691_1658984440992051_105753891412881193_n.jpg

hahaha the best part about that are the names at the top

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorta how I feel with the fast and furious movies.
It seems that's the way that blockbuster movies are going. Dumb and full of implausible action sequences.

You can't argue with success so there's only going to be more of them in the future. Fortunately the marvel/Disney films have yet to go down that road. Hopefully it stays that way with the new Star Wars film.

Okay now it's been a month and the nostalgia has worn off, do you still think it's super great?

It seems that's the way that blockbuster movies are going. Dumb and full of implausible action sequences.

You can't argue with success so there's only going to be more of them in the future. Fortunately the marvel/Disney films have yet to go down that road. Hopefully it stays that way with the new Star Wars film.

This thread being any guide,
"THE FALCON! X-WINGS! HAN SOLO PULLED A FACE!" will be enough to get the new Star Wars a standing ovation.

*SPOILERS*

Things we learned from Jurassic World
1. Bryce Dallas Howard wearing high heeled boots can run faster than a T-Rex.
2. Billionaires will happily risk a $1 billion dollar fun park just to save a $26 million dollar dinosaur that he could regrow in under a year.
3. Small nets and cattle prods don't help capture 20 story tall killer dinosaurs. Who'd have thought that?
4. When running a Dinosaur fun park filled with animals that want to kill and eat the visitors you might want to bring a few guns with armour piercing bullets. Just saying.
5. Derrick Zoolander would make a great Raptor trainer. Come face to face with a raptor that wants to eat your face? Blue Steel!
6. Blue Steel also gets raptors to attack giant killing machines 50 times their size that will almost certainly kill them instead of eating the humans standing right in front of them. Those raptors are some serious Zoolander fans.
7. Going on a hunt with dinosaurs who see you as food probably isn't a good idea.
8. Sending your two children to visit your sister who hasn't bothered visiting her family for 7 years while you stay at home is an important family vacation.
9. Anyone who's fat automatically is corrupt and not to be trusted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back