Just Odd

Remove this Banner Ad

Halfbaked

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I went to buy a gift for someone at Freo Oval today and to watch training. When I found this. My old bag was on its last legs and it was $200 cheaper. Being a Shark fan I could not help my self, BUT WTF BLUE AND WHITE FREO MERCHANDISE.
SSCN6010.JPG
I like odd things.

I worked at an IP Licensing and Merchandising for several years... that's a balls-up no two ways about it - however given the cost of producing said blue bag (even as a one-off prototype) would be considerable, I can forgive them wanting to sell it.

Might be a good idea going you snapping it up, there won't be many more like it made and its apparent rarity *might* conceivably make it valuable in a few years. Very hard to get your hands on prototypes / misprints like that if you're a genuine collector (assuming there are a lot of FFC merchandise collectors out there that is).

I suppose it's possible it was a deliberate decision to make it all blue, but given the FFC's brand equity / corporate livery is so heavily tied up with purple (and the colour is so well-liked by the fans) most likely it's a mistake / one-off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I worked at an IP Licensing and Merchandising for several years... that's a balls-up no two ways about it - however given the cost of producing said blue bag (even as a one-off prototype) would be considerable, I can forgive them wanting to sell it.

Might be a good idea going you snapping it up, there won't be many more like it made and its apparent rarity *might* conceivably make it valuable in a few years. Very hard to get your hands on prototypes / misprints like that if you're a genuine collector (assuming there are a lot of FFC merchandise collectors out there that is).

I suppose it's possible it was a deliberate decision to make it all blue, but given the FFC's brand equity / corporate livery is so heavily tied up with purple (and the colour is so well-liked by the fans) most likely it's a mistake / one-off
These are a standard Afl line. Each team has the same bag in their colours. I would have thought one phone call would have got them a refund and probably did. It was a stuff up, that's why the big discount. They still have eight to sell.

Last edited:
I went to buy a gift for someone at Freo Oval today and to watch training. When I found this. My old bag was on its last legs and it was $200 cheaper. Being a Shark fan I could not help my self, BUT WTF BLUE AND WHITE FREO MERCHANDISE.
View attachment 96558
I like odd things.

Looks purple to me ;)

My guess would be that it's so a couple can both have a Dockers golf bag, and still be able to tell them apart out on the course. Kind of like a "his and hers" thing.

Well if it's anything like ex's I've played golf with hers is the one that only moves 3 metres at a time.

On a related note, playing golf together is a good way to quicken the transition from gf to ex.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back