FTA-TV Justified

Remove this Banner Ad

No love for Season 3 here? Remained awesome. This has spoilers if you haven't seen it.

It was probably the weakest season as the plot was just too dense, but it was still a damn good season of TV. I think they went too far with so many villains trying to take over Harlan, but they were amazing villains. It is a shame that Rachel and Tim haven't had as much time put into them as any of the new characters as I like both characters.

Quarles got a bit cartoonish at times, but then his descent was just brilliant. Amazing how he ended up from ep 1. Great final scene with him, "It's a PIGGY BANK!" Contender for best line ever. Also, Quarles meant Wyn Duffy wasn't far behind. Russian Roulette scene with him was so much Wynning.

Limehouse was awesome, every scene with him butchering was great. With him and Tywin Lannister, I learnt there needs to be more butchering on TV. It looks like Limehouse found a way to keep his community together.

Dickie Bennet coming back was top shelf as well. Once he got out and he had his cap hooked to his belt, I was waiting for it to come on but no dice. Hoping that he survived the gut shot to get up to more mischief in prison with Arlo in S4.

Boyd was as good as always. Every time he comes on screen just made the show go up a level, especially when Raylan was also there. Raylan had a dark season, he was very much on the edge. The final scene was heart breaking. Art going into the field with Raylan was brilliant. What a boss.

Finally, someone needs to write a song called The Ballad of Dewey Crowe. Or give him a spin-off. His episode was the best of the season for mine.

2 > 1 > 3.

But to put that in perspective, 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>> The Walking Dead.

I cant believe i waited this long to watch this series. Just knocked over the 3 series

Criminally Underrated !

Maybe not in

Game of Thrones
Sopranos
The Wire
Breaking Bad
Deadwood

But geez its not far away

Cant wait for Series 4

I was given seasons 1 & 2 for my birthday last week, and watched both seasons over the weekend (it was better than watching NMFC :mad: ) and greatly enjoyed it. Season 2 with the Bennetts was brilliant.

One more sleep!

215636_10151357483857608_276237506_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's good fun but I have trouble getting past the ridiculous portrayal of a US Marshal.

What was it that Supernintendo Chalmers said about Principal Skinner? Something about the rod up his ass having a rod up its ass?

Well I was going to say that it (an unrealistic portrayal of a job) usually doesn't bother me at all with most shows, so I'm not totally sure why it grates so much in this case.

I think it originates with that opening scene in the pilot where he gives the guy 24 hours to get out of town. I know the show's concept is to have an old fashioned Western lawman in modern times, but it was just a bit too corny. Every so often something similar will happen and the eyerolling takes me out of the moment a bit.

Still like watching it though. Timothy Olyphant is too good for television.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back