Retired Justin Clarke (2011-2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Behind the scenes he must be huge for 17-18 year olds coming through and juggling study. Having a senior player whos as focused and intelligent as Clarke to help you fit into the club and manage your education on the side is a big boost for us.

Watch the part from 55 seconds onwards. Top bloke!

That happened just in front of us. I'm glad Clarkie is laughing it off because Zorks was not happy and was very animated when he waved (banished) him off to the back line.

Q&A for Justin Clarke - 20 questions.

http://brisbane.thegoodguide.com.au.../justin-clarke-brisbane-lions?category_id=294

WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST ABOUT WHAT YOU DO?: Working with mates, and getting to muck around outside in the Brisbane sunshine every day

DESCRIBE A DAY IN THE LIFE OF YOU? : 7am wakeup, followed by 4 Weet-Bix and milk. Then off to the Club for stretching, a kick of the footy outside at training, and then lunch at Sushi Kotobuki just down the road. After lunch I’ll hit the gym, followed by study at home (studying electrical engineering at CDU), and then dinner.

WHAT ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT? : Flying (I have my pilot’s licence), science, and getting outdoors.

WHAT’S YOUR LIFE PHILOSOPHY? : Just give it a go. You never know where it will take you

5 WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU: Goofy, bookworm, adventurous, competitive, and country

WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GREW UP? : 2 things – an airport luggage handler, or a fighter pilot.

MY SECRET TALENT/ONE THING YOU WOULDN’T KNOW ABOUT ME? : Can cook a mean sticky date pudding

THREE PEOPLE (DEAD OR ALIVE) YOU WOULD INVITE FOR DINNER PARTY?: Galileo (for the astronomy), Newton (for the physics), and Da Vinci (for the art and creativity).

YOU ARE TURNED INTO A BIRD, WHAT BIRD WHAT THAT BE? : A Wedge Tail Eagle – the grace with which they fly is incredible, to see them soar high above fills you with awe.

IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING? : I’d be an Aerodynamics engineer for a Formula One team

WHERE IS YOUR FAVOURITE HOLIDAY DESTINATION? : Arkaroola, SA

WHAT MAKES YOU ROAR? : Stubbing my toe when getting out of the shower

FAVOURITE PLACES IN BRISBANE :

EAT: The Spaghetti House, West End

DRINK: Paddington

CHEF: Home

RELAX: North Straddie

SHOP: Michael Innis

TO IMPRESS: Mount Coot-tha

CULTURE/ARTS: GOMA, Southbank

EVENT: Riverfire

SUNDAYS: Cycle along New Farm boardwalk

BRISBANE’S BEST KEPT SECRET IS: Free stand-up comedy at the New Farm Powerhouse on Fridays

MY WORDS OF WISDOM: Broaden your horizons- Travel, look for adventure, become absorbed in other cultures and always enjoy the journey on the road to your destination

NEXT EXCITING THING FOR ME IS: I’ll be finishing my degree at CDU (hopefully soon!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite the building number of injuries, Leppitsch is proud of his team commending his young players, including Justin Clarke who has stepped up and performed extraordinarily.

“Clarkie has been fantastic, he hasn’t even played 50 games yet, and he’s been asked to be our general, that’s a big ask, it really is.

“He’s been asked to play a mature man’s game, direct others, and he’s doing such a good job.

“I’m really proud of those tall defenders under the adversity that we’ve had, to try and keep the group together, under difficulty,” he said.

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2015-06-04/a-fresh-new-look

COACH Justin Leppitsch says.......

50 games next week ......

It has come around quickly. So impressed with him. He has had to learn a large part of the key defensive game on the fly, without the normal building up of experience and strength in the twos that he might have got elsewhere. We had no real choice but to throw him on key forwards most of the time.

Fifty games from now he will still be in the early part of his career and he will be an absolute rock for us in defence. The way he has led even younger defenders this year is an even greater credit to him.

50 games next week ......

For 20 of that, he has had to be the general of our back half. Do not underestimate the enormity of what Justin has achieved. If rising stars were given at this stage, he would s**t one in.

I remember the Justin Clarke of <20 games. Amazing to see how much he's developed in so little time. Will be a force to be reckoned with by 100 games.

Amazing it's only been 50 games.

In fact, it is seriously amazing to think that three of our key defenders this year have been Clarke, Andrews and Gardiner. I think they've done a great job considering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back