Universal Love Justin Westhoff is AWESOME

Remove this Banner Ad

Ebert80

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2008
South Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No, he was recruited to Woodville in the late 80's from Tasmania, then played 1 maybe 2 seasons with the Crows, returned to Tasmania in the early 90's.

Klug was a great player. The best half forward the Crows have had, and he only played essentially the one season in 91.

I can see the similarities there. Both ungainly, look a touch unco but actually highly skilled.

drcollossimo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
I think we expect too much from Westy, he isn't going to be the player we can build a forward line around alone. However he will be more than useful up there, he was never going to be Warren the 2nd...

Riggy1

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Oct 7, 2008
here, there, everywhere
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS, NA Roosters, ATL Falcons
good game so far today.

3 scores and a score assist early in the game for Tredrea.

if only Your delivery going into the forward line was better (bombs to tall forwards dont work these days), he would be one of the best afield.

wapower

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2008
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I was very pleased with J.Hoff taking some big hits today and rebounding from them. Well done to the Hoff.
Likewise oporto. I had a wry smile today when the Hoff displayed some great physicality today in absorbing hits to create opportunities for other players.

i_love_the_hoff

Premiership Player
Dec 15, 2007
south australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Justin Westhoff <3
I had a heart attack in the second minute of the 2nd quarter.
Darren Glass, you ****er. :mad:

Well done today babe, I was pre' pleased.

I hope no one from this board was sitting around me when he kicked his goal. I embarrassed myself....:eek:

WAPOWER, I was thinking of you today.....

EDIT: Nice to see the beard's kinda toned down a little bit as well. :cool:

Jul 11, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As much as I like the hoff and he's one of our boys, the ease with which he was knocked to the ground today brought a smile to my face.

He must be locked in a gym over the summer!

If that was tredrea he wouldn't have gone to ground.

Obviously you need to stack on the muscle to cop a hit like that from a key defender, but you also need the experience to know how to use your body.

lol at glass though, eyes for the man instead of the ball which ended up in a goal for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 11, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
^Poor form by me, I know.

Nah I'm a big fan of the hoff and he cops ridiculous amounts of unwarranted criticism in my opinion.

People forget that he's 22, and he's shown a lot for a tall forward.

He will fill out to his recommended size later rather than sooner, but he's showing more than enough at the moment to suggest he's part of our long term plans.

The progression with key forwards is a much mroe difficult and inconsistent one than with midfielders, and I have belief in the lad.

He has a good kick, good set shot, good brain, good mobility, great hands, but just needs more strength to outmuscle key defenders one on one. His leading ok but this is another area that can be improved, particularly as he acquires strength and doesn't get moved off his line so much. His defensive efforts are pretty good - great tackling technique. Also needs to gain more confidence as he seems to be the type of player who needs to be up and about in order to fire at this stage.

i_love_the_hoff

Premiership Player
Dec 15, 2007
south australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Justin Westhoff <3
^Poor form by me, I know.

Nah I'm a big fan of the hoff and he cops ridiculous amounts of unwarranted criticism in my opinion.

People forget that he's 22, and he's shown a lot for a tall forward.

He will fill out to his recommended size later rather than sooner, but he's showing more than enough at the moment to suggest he's part of our long term plans.

The progression with key forwards is a much mroe difficult and inconsistent one than with midfielders, and I have belief in the lad.

He has a good kick, good set shot, good brain, good mobility, great hands, but just needs more strength to outmuscle key defenders one on one. His leading ok but this is another area that can be improved, particularly as he acquires strength and doesn't get moved off his line so much. His defensive efforts are pretty good - great tackling technique. Also needs to gain more confidence as he seems to be the type of player who needs to be up and about in order to fire at this stage.

Was poor form :(.

Not as big a fan as meeeee :D

It's good how more and more people are starting to believe in him a bit more. Sometimes I feel so .......... frustrated with what goes on around here.
Soon though hopefully, people (including wapower) will be a little bit more optimistic.

Hope he goes pre' great against teh cows next week anyway. Wouldn't that be perfect....

kierez4ever

All Australian
Apr 8, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
apologies if this is an inappropriate bump, but how good has the hoff been since 2009. I always thought he would turn out to be a watts like player but things like his chase down on Betts (?) on the weekend was awesome! Surely he's got a Top 5 B&F finish wrapped around his waist. On ya Hoff!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back