Toast Kade Simpson you are the heart and soul of this footy club!

Remove this Banner Ad

fnm_just a man

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
At half-time my brother and I were talking about how the pies were targeting Simmo. Don't mind Wellingham and he probably regrets his hit, but screw them. That hit will not be forgotten. As I said last night, club culture shone through last night. Carlton were skillful and tough, Collingwood were dirty and got the wobbles. Amazing victory! Came down from Byron Bay to see that! First game of the year!

AndyLucimitis

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Even the Collingwood supporters are calling it a cowardly and dog act so hopefully Sharrod gets his right punishment.

Boy Simmo must be sore today! :(

Kudos for those Collingwood supporters expressing that type of regret over the incident. Let's face it, it's not easy to condemn one of your own players but I guess it's a sign of how far (and clean) this game has become where even clubs own supporters can't condone what happened.

To that end, let's not be too harsh on Wellingham. I don't like terms like 'dog-act' that have been used. I agree with some of the radio commentary this morning that I doubt he set out to break a jaw. He certainly looked to make Simmo 'earn' the kick but just got it terribly wrong. He'll do his time and hopefully learn from it.

Kudos for those Collingwood supportersexpressing that type of regret over the incident. Let's face it, it's not easy to condemn one of your own players but I guess it's a sign of how far (and clean) this game has become where even clubs own supporters can't condone what happened.

To that end, let's not be too harsh on Wellingham. I don't like terms like 'dog-act' that have been used. I agree with some of the radio commentary this morning that I doubt he set out to break a jaw. He certainly looked to make Simmo 'earn' the kick but just got it terribly wrong. He'll do his time and hopefully learn from it.
Be interested to hear more about supporter sex pressing. Anything to do with the crowd initiating their own forward press? Anyone?

:(
THE RUN IS OVER.

Kade Simpson's run of consecutive games has come to an end with scans today confirming that the brilliant midfielder sustained a broken jaw following a collision during the third quarter in last night's match.

Kade will not have surgery but will have band fixation to his jaw and is expected to miss up to four matches.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/102328818660369323288

I felt sick when it happened Bluesque.

There are reports now on twitter that Simmo has a broken jaw. :mad:

Enjoy you holiday Wellinghman !!!!!

svRF_KADE-300x0.jpg

This low life scum also had a bang at Carrots earlier in the third before lining up Simmo for an outright shirtfront.

The hit on Simmo should see Wellingham spending the rest of the H&A season in the stands.

He charged in at a million miles an hour and jumped into the air after taking his eyes off the ball and deliberately lowered his shoulder to collect Simmo in the head (as seen above). It was an act that has no place in football and needs to be stamped out.

He knew he wasnt going to make the marking contest... so he took out the opposition player who was going to mark it.

The only mitigating factor in the whole incident was that he came and apologised to Simmo after the match. But unfortunately for this type of act there is no mitigating factors. He is gone for at least 5 weeks and hopefully as many as 8.

The one that affected me most was that thug Balme's kinghit on Southby in the 73 GF.

If I saw that scum Balme on fire in the street, I would take up a collection of petrol just so he wouldnt stop burning. That final was when I first started to really hate those yellow and black scum

That was a very embarrassing incident last night. I has watching the game at a Collingwood supporter's pub and the mood lowered somewhat after that hit.

Hope that Simpson makes a speedy recovery and is back and playing for you again very soon.

Take balls to come in here are a scum act by one of your players and say you are embarrassed by it... kudos to you mate... I think that Simmo will be back playing before Wellingham is

Dec 16, 2008
Maiden Gully
AFL Club
Carlton
Remember this is the Collingwood that celebrated leaving Victory Park by re-enacting their greatest achievements in 120 years. One was Magro ironing out Jezza who had only eyes for the ball and the other was Denis Banks knocking out Rhys-Jones from behind.

A Collingwood supporter told me today that it was sad how much Carlton hate them. I pointed out the Collingwood supporters in the crowd pumping their fists and clapping while laughing as Kade was taken from the ground.

I guess what they did do is get another proud moment to re-enact some time in the future. Pure Scum.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Wellingham could face a month on the sidelines for breaking Kade Simpson's jaw

SHARROD Wellingham is staring down the barrel of a month on the sidelines after scans on Saturday revealed his "victim", Kade Simpson, had suffered a broken jaw.

Wellingham split the unsuspecting Carlton midfielder down the middle with a brutal eyes-on-the-man hit in a marking contest during the third quarter on Friday night.

Simpson lay motionless before he was carried off heavily concussed; his legs folding underneath him like a stricken marathon runner begging for the finishing line.
Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley admitted he was fearing the worst before the match review panel's verdict on Monday.

"Sharrod will go. There's no doubt he'll go for that," Buckley told SEN

Wellingham could face a month on the sidelines for breaking Kade Simpson's jaw

There is even a poll on the website on how many weeks Wellingham should get.

Yes I voted !!!!!!

444551-simpson.jpg

the distributer

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Nov 5, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Absolute brain fade from Wellers, but guys similar things happen in every game, just rotton luck Simpson was so badly hurt, i've followed wellers career closey since he came to us and he isn't a dirty player, reckon he'd be feeling like s**t right now TBH, he's going to be given a long time to think about it anyway.

the distributer

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Nov 5, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood

GoBlues!

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
He charged in at a million miles an hour and jumped into the air after taking his eyes off the ball and deliberately lowered his shoulder to collect Simmo in the head (as seen above). It was an act that has no place in football and needs to be stamped out.

The only mitigating factor in the whole incident was that he came and apologised to Simmo after the match. But unfortunately for this type of act there is no mitigating factors. He is gone for at least 5 weeks and hopefully as many as 8.
Here's hoping he's out for at least as many weeks as Simmo is and then some.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 3, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Wellingham = Millburn mk 2. He will be booed for the rest of his career.

Absolutely s**t thing to do. He'll have the reputation of a cheap sniper for the rest of his career now. Unfortunate as usually he is a ball player.

It's weird to think that next week will be the first time I watch a Carlton game without Simpson, having only followed closely since late 2005. Hope he recovers quickly because we'll certainly miss him.

Senior List
Apr 3, 2011
Winterfell
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, San Antonio Spurs, Canucks
complete cheapshot from Wellingham. Hope he gets some weeks for his hit.

on a slightly unrelated note - did anyone else see Tex Walker's tweet about the hit?
Yeah mate i did. As for Wellinghomo he has always tried to be this Denis Banks enforcer.
I hope you gets weeks and weeks. He's a fill up player anyway. Flicks his beautiful little fringe around which irate's me so much.

It's weird to think that next week will be the first time I watch a Carlton game without Simpson, having only followed closely since late 2005. Hope he recovers quickly because we'll certainly miss him.
It's certainly not gonna be the same without him. Hope it doesnt affect the boys too much, as we often say Simmo is our barometer.

Domenic Fotia

Senior List
Feb 17, 2009
FTG
AFL Club
Carlton
Anyone else see Wellingdog on Game Day this morning??

Started off with Tim Watson crapping on about "real time" and trying to defend his actions. Saying he will probably get 3 weeks (note Simpson will miss at least 4).

Then they start laughing about Mitch Robbo's sledging. Had to turn off at this time.

Simpson has broken jaw because of this weak act. Wellingdog deserves to be judged harshly for not going for the ball.

Game Day is now on my list of boycotted programs.

Absolute brain fade from Wellers, but guys similar things happen in every game, just rotton luck Simpson was so badly hurt, i've followed wellers career closey since he came to us and he isn't a dirty player, reckon he'd be feeling like s**t right now TBH, he's going to be given a long time to think about it anyway.
Err, no they don't.

Unfortunately I reckon Welllingham will only get about 3 weeks.

Eddie Everywhere will be busy hanging off the end of fat vlad's knob trying to get Wellingham off with 2 weeks. That useless little scum sucker from the filth will get 4 weeks after taking an early plea if everything is right in the world. But Eddie Everywhere will be working his bollocks off to get him off with 2 weeks. And if that happens, I will be writing letters to the entire board of the AFL complaining about the bullshit decision.

If Taylor Walker's sling tackle is considered worse than a straight up shirtfront that left a man with a broken jaw then the entire AFL commission (bar Fitzy) and the MRP needs to resign because they are ******* the game over big time.

If he gets off with just 2 weeks... if I was Carlton, I would be suing him for simmo's wages for the 4 weeks he is off work because of that little thug and I would be suing Collingwood for not disciplining their players properly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back