Injury Kaiden Brand has shoulder reconstructed

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible news for the kid who would've likely made his debut at some point this year had he not injured his shoulder last week. Hopefully he can come back better then ever in 2016.

I reckon Kurt Heatherley will now be upgraded to the senior list.

*, what a terrible time for this to happen to the young lad. Wish him all the best with the op and rehab and look forward to seeing him in June/July
June no way. August is likely and even then its probably too late and the whole season is wiped practically. Shoulder recos aren't easy to come back from early and I wouldn't be surprised to see the club take the ultra cautious approach and wait for him to come back for pre-season 2016.

Having seen the replay only once it appeared to be the shoulder that was heavily strapped so it was a known problem anyway. Best fix it properly now and hope it comes good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looked a good size and pace (in the 2 minutes I saw of him:(). Funny how the shoulder scan just pop with little or no contact. Good luck with the surgery and recovery Braiden.

Played with a bloke once who threw both his arms in the air going for a mark, missed the ball and popped a shoulder. He had never had shoulder issues before.

Terrible news for the kid who would've likely made his debut at some point this year had he not injured his shoulder last week. Hopefully he can come back better then ever in 2016.

I reckon Kurt Heatherley will now be upgraded to the senior list.

Not sure. They can upgrade on a Thursday before selecting for matches so I don;t think they will be that hasty. Someone like Hardisty might have a great start to the season and they want to see him at AFL level, so will be interesting to see what they do... Hopefully it's not to upgrade Grimmers because we've had to rucks go down !!!

Brand did his shoulder pre-game, but still played? is that true?
Where did you hear that? Doesn't sound like the club to take a risk like that when they've dropped players pre game in the real season for much less.

June no way. August is likely and even then its probably too late and the whole season is wiped practically. Shoulder recos aren't easy to come back from early and I wouldn't be surprised to see the club take the ultra cautious approach and wait for him to come back for pre-season 2016.
I suspect the same...

Jed did his shoulder once the season started. A good month after the point Brand did his.

And not all injuries are created equal. I don't know if his apparent history of shoulder injuries means maybe the ligaments are "used to" the trauma and will recover faster or if they are weakened to the point that it will take longer.

Whatever the case may be I hope there's no complications and he's back playing sooner than later.

Poor bugger injured himself in the first 2 minutes of pre-season and will effectively be out for the year. I doubt he would have played in the seniors at all but disappointing none the less

Jed did his shoulder once the season started. A good month after the point Brand did his.

And not all injuries are created equal. I don't know if his apparent history of shoulder injuries means maybe the ligaments are "used to" the trauma and will recover faster or if they are weakened to the point that it will take longer.

Whatever the case may be I hope there's no complications and he's back playing sooner than later.

Also, they gave Jed a few weeks to see if it would heal on it's own so it was well into the season by the time he had his surgery.

Brand did his shoulder pre-game, but still played? is that true?

I heard this yesterday too, from a Collingwood supporter. I thought he was just assuming that because he had his shoulder strapped but maybe he had heard it somewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back