Injury Kaiden Brand has shoulder reconstructed

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Are we going to promote anyone of the rookie list in his place ?

Can only see Heatherley, possibly Hardisty getting promoted if injuries hit, or their form otherwise warrants it....Of course there's always the possibility that the penny might actually drop with Grimley & he finally pulls the finger out....But after 6 seasons on the list, I won't be holding my breath on that one!o_O

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Z

Jed was also on life support, a little different...

Jed's shoulder had nothing to do with his earlier illness, he was fully recovered from that when he did it (otherwise he wouldn't have been playing). The reason he didn't play again last year was because, firstly, he did it a couple of games into the season not in the pre-season and, secondly, they gave it a few weeks to see if it would heal before they decided to do the surgery after all so it was well into the season before he actually had the surgery thus meaning he couldn't play at all last year. Brand is significantly ahead time wise so there is a good chance he will play later in the year IMO.

Last edited:

Great 2008

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hard to see any one our Rookie list emerge enough to dislodge a player off the main list. They are all speculative imo. If one of them did it would be special.

Hawks1994

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arizona Cardinals
Such a shame when anyone gets a serious injury just before the season starts.

Lets hope he bounces back well, he has alot of guys around him who have come back amazingly from serious injuries in the past

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Hard to see any one our Rookie list emerge enough to dislodge a player off the main list. They are all speculative imo. If one of them did it would be special.

For mine it would purely be as a reward.

If Hardisty has a fantastic season, does everything right for BHH and shows massive improvement, to reward him they might promote him for one game and give him a sub role.

Back