Toast Kane Cornes - new games record holder for the Power

Remove this Banner Ad

img091.jpg
Kane taking a handball receive from another player two feet away...............................:p

Congrats to Kane, legend of the club. Hope we get up for him on the weekend

Kane taking a handball receive from another player two feet away...............................:p

Congrats to Kane, legend of the club. Hope we get up for him on the weekend

note the handball is a back hander.

Champion of the club with 4 B&F's and club record 256 games
Will go down in our history of a superior athlete with elite physical ability and as honest as they come in terms of effort
Totally dedicated to get the best out of his body and a team player through and through

When you think back to the early days and his efforts in nulifying some of the games finest its a great record

Well done Kane...fantastic effort and I look forward to your 300

Okay, just throwing this out there... but didn't Warren actually play 264 games for the Port Adelaide Football Club? :p

If we were counting SANFL games then Kane wouldn't be close to the record holder ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Kane. Interesting that he passes chads total as well tomorrow.

I enjoyed the press conference, he is all class.

congratulations kane cornes, great servant to this football club, one of my early favorites. when i was a kid we were dominating and kane cornes was my favorite player, but you know how kids think, that was basically because tredrea is a given cos everyone loved him, wangas is a given, dew, burger, ladey etc, i just liked how kane was the little blonde who kept his head down and took the best mids from the other team every week and that was that like tredders said you knew that problem was out of the way because kane was on it. i liked how he was nobodys favorite but so so important. congrats kane cornes port adelaide legend.

This thread is pretty much a who's who of who has not posted, more that of who has. That says something to me.
If you want to turn this thread into a pointless smug derail we can go there ig you like.

Maybe we could start with you failing to explain how you think your post helps keep the tone of this thread.

Well done, plays pro-actively, one of very few players who do that. :oops:

If you want to turn this thread into a pointless smug derail we can go there ig you like.

Maybe we could start with you failing to explain how you think your post helps keep the tone of this thread.
There's no derail, I've already posted my congrats. Anyone would think I was talking to you personally, with a response like that. It's just a bit disappointing that with so many members on this board now, this thread congratulating Kane for reaching the all-time games record has only reached 2 pages.

There's no derail, I've already posted my congrats. Anyone would think I was talking to you personally, with a response like that. It's just a bit disappointing that with so many members on this board now, this thread congratulating Kane for reaching the all-time games record has only reached 2 pages.
The like button may have something to do with that.
Once upon a time you would quote a post and go "Hear Hear", nowadays you click the like button and the job is done.

Clearly a quality individual. Listening to the post match presser it wasn't about him but the team.

Kane has his critics (self included) but frankly, when he finishes his career Kane should be remembered as a quality human being who gave his all to the PAFC and that will hopefully be his legacy.

Good game today fitting of the occasion.

Had one moment where I wanted to reach through the TV and flick his ear - in Q1 O'Shea took an intercept mark on centre wing and Kane sprinted through the centre circle towards the GWS goal waving his arms calling for it despite the obvious horrendousness of it and having an opponent right on his hammer. Thankfully he redeemed himself not long afterward by using his tank for good by sneaking forward and snagging a goal.

Clearly a quality individual. Listening to the post match presser it wasn't about him but the team.

Kane has his critics (self included) but frankly, when he finishes his career Kane should be remembered as a quality human being who gave his all to the PAFC and that will hopefully be his legacy.

Yep

he is a great club man

Remove this Banner Ad

Back