Toast Kane Cornes - new games record holder for the Power

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate manipulation / resting of players for whatever reason

Invites the gods fury which we don't need given the start to the year

If he's fit to play and good enough to be named he plays

rested? (his disposal was pretty ordinary last week i thought...)
do you reckon they'd do that so his 300th would be at home - if he's best 22, surely he'd line up in this must win round??

Nope, they wouldnt. He'll get to his 300th, but it looks like the've decided to "manage" him through the year ala Dom in 2014.

fk i hope they are not doing this just so his 300th is at home...

Nah, Kane's not the fastest runner so it was only a matter of time before he was kept off the Etihad deck.

He's going to be kept as fresh as possible for finals imo, a little different to Dom who had to be kept in cotton wool for much of 2014.

I for one aint he will play an important role this year just this week his assignment is out

So I hear that Cornes is going to be 'rested' this week. This could be just to make sure his 300th is played at home. But...that would mean the milestone match will be played against Richmond! I'm not okay with that. Everybody knows how cowardly they can be behind play, and I won't be able to get excited for Kane becoming our first ever player to reach 300 in the AFL, I'll be too busy stressing about which sniper Hardwick will send after Kane :(

If Cornes is being managed it'd pretty much seal this as his final year. He's not so indispensable you'd keep on further years for less and less games.
That and applying for the MFS. Despite what was posted here by a crowie selection hasnt been finalised and the new intake starts in June.

I could not give a hoot getting K Kornz to 300 games Ken needs to focus on developing this club not giving individual preferences at the expense of the club. K Kornz has had his day i want to see some youth pushing some of these old guys out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Kane was doing a stint on radio over the summer a caller lauded his longevity and fitness, and pleaded him to keep playing for a few more years. Cornes laughed and said "Thanks for the kind words but I think 2015 will be my last". I don't think it gets much more emphatic than that.

I still would find it hard to believe he'd leave Port mid season or that the MFS wouldn't wait on him.
The MFS wont wait for anyone given the excess of demand for limited positions. Most blokes get in, on their 2nd or 3rd attempt. He isnt that special. If he tells them to wait 12 months he can kiss goodbye any career at the MFS.

If the chief over rides standard protocol there will be noses put out of joint.
They are on an interim chief ATM. There's no way he's going to let anyone in months after the rest of a squad intake. There's not squads every year, so Kane may have to make the hard call or be waiting at least a year and maybe two or three.

So according to 7 news Kane has an important decision to make re his football career & he could be leaning towards calling time early to join the MFS, apparently he's done very well in early testing & his major test comes in June so an injury in the lead up could ruin a post footy career opportunity.

Might see him play his 300th game at home then retire straight after.

So according to 7 news Kane has an important decision to make re his football career & he could be leaning towards calling time early to join the MFS, apparently he's done very well in early testing & his major test comes in June so an injury in the lead up could ruin a post footy career opportunity.

Might see him play his 300th game at home then retire straight after.

Gee whiz, would've thought he was guaranteed a cushy media gig the instant he steps off the hovercraft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back