Toast Kane Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty sure he would still slot into most sides in the AFL and be near the fittest.

Apart from his extraordinary achievements (will go down as a great of the AFL, not just Port) he provides leadership and an example to the rest of the team. This can't be understated.

Yes he turns it over every now and then but the job he does more than makes up for this. Mind you, if we can get a 300+ game playing tagger who can laser our handballs and kicks, feature in our best regularly, provides leadership and be a solid bloke, I'll happily advocate dropping Kane. Until this mythical 5 time Brownlow medal winning player comes along, I think Kane gets a few more years.

Kane is one of the greats of our time in the AFL, you can say what you like about his style of play and disposal but one thing that has been constant is his work ethic. Primus trying to turn him into a loose man in defence was a terrible decision since it played into the worst parts of Kane's game (disposal), ignored one of his great strengths (by playing as a loose man it meant you couldn't use his great tagging skills) and turned another of his strengths into a weakness (instead of running an opponent ragged in his pursuit of possessions, he was instead let off the leash by the opposition to get sideways mark and kick after sideways mark and kick).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back