Apr 19, 2009
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Kane Lucas (WA)

KaneLucas246AA.jpg

188cm 79kg
WAFL Club - East Fremantle

Awards: 2009 NAB Under-18 All Austalian Team (Half Forward Flank)

Stats from AFL Under-18 Championships

Matches: 5
Averages
Kicks: 9.8 (59.2%)
Handballs: 10.8
Disposals: 20.6 (74.8%)
Marks: 5.8
Contested Possesions: 6.8
Uncontested Possesions: 14.2
Tackles: 2.4
Goals: 1.2
Behinds: 1.8

Stats from -
http://www.afl.com.au/2009 stats/tabid/14557/default.aspx

Draft Camp Highlights:

Agility Test: 7.95s – 1st overall
3km: 10min 5s – 3rd overall
20m Sprint: 2.93s – 5th overall
Standing Jump: 67cm – 7th overall

Videos:

[youtube]g0qSj99n040[/youtube]

[youtube]mnkPSP0PWM8[/youtube]

Lucas_draft_camp_246a.jpg

Articles:

Lucas relishes elite-level preperation - http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/85530/default.aspx

I reckon he is better then then Moribitto

Big call. It would seem that way in comparing to draft camp results due to the fact Morabito couldn't compete as he has a thigh strain.

But in saying that I wouldn't be surprised if Kane was selected at pick 4 by freo which i hope doesn't happen as the likely hood of Morabito being selected at pick 5 or 6 by the swans and kangaroos would be high.

If such a thing occurs i hope the WCE don't have Jetta as the 3rd choice. Would very much rather Black as a key forward is more of a need.

Big call. It would seem that way in comparing to draft camp results due to the fact Morabito couldn't compete as he has a thigh strain.

But in saying that I wouldn't be surprised if Kane was selected at pick 4 by freo which i hope doesn't happen as the likely hood of Morabito being selected at pick 5 or 6 by the swans and kangaroos would be high.

If such a thing occurs i hope the WCE don't have Jetta as the 3rd choice. Would very much rather Black as a key forward is more of a need.

Without question Lucas is the better footballer. Morabito would need to be one very special athlete to over take Lucas. But thats just my opinion.

Im finding it hard to beleive because I rate this guy in probably the top 5, but there is some serious talk around that he will last until Adelaide at pick 13.

IMO he needs to go try and win more of his own ball. He's a good finisher I guess (although sometimes disposal can be erratic but his kicking action looks fine so I'm guessing under an AFL environment its should become more consistent) but hangs off packs alot and plays more as an attacking midfielder, playing forward of packs. I dunno if he's instructed to do that but he needs to go for the hard ball more and work more defensively. He's a very good package though, good size and extremely athletic, add to that good vision and good footy brain. I guess you might call him a guy that only runs one way at the moment. If he can fix some of these areas I reckon he can become a gun though.

If the Eagles actually end up taking Lewis Jetta, Port will be absolutely delighted to pick up both Kane Lucas and John Butcher. The only problem being that they didn't really get one of their needs, a hard insider midfielder so they might just pass on one of them to take someone like Tapscott or Stevens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im finding it hard to beleive because I rate this guy in probably the top 5, but there is some serious talk around that he will last until Adelaide at pick 13.
no way. EFC will take him @ 10 if available

Without question Lucas is the better footballer. Morabito would need to be one very special athlete to over take Lucas. But thats just my opinion.

Of course Lucas is better than Mora, he is likely going to West Coast, simple as that EH :thumbsu:

Seems to be the slide so far in most predictions. No general reason behind it, just the speculation on players before him.

I'd love this agility freak at the Crows, but can't see him at 13.... or could I ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back