1. The ASADA, AFL and drugs in sport Hot Topic board

Media links, the facts, the statements, the allegations, the charges, the court actions, the notices and the clubs mentioned so far. Hundreds of threads, 240,000+ posts.

News Kane Lucas

Discussion in 'Carlton' started by HARKER, Feb 4, 2012.

Put it out there
  1. HARKER

HARKER Norm Smith Medallist

Carlton
    Other teams:
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/128552/default.aspx

Finally a little buzz around Lucas. :thumbsu:
    We'll be a better side if he brings his off-season form to where it really matters.
    Wishing young Kane well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. I bleed Blue

I bleed Blue All Australian

Carlton
    Other teams:
    He certainly sounds very confident.

Would be huge for us if he could step up and have an impact. Cant wait to see him this year.

Love the "I just want to give whatever I can to the club" quote :thumbsu:
  3. NAUGHT5

NAUGHT5 Team Captain

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Arsenal, Phillies, Bulls
    If we want to win a flag we need a few guys to explode.
    This guys one of em.
  4. cookie monster

cookie monster Team Captain

Carlton
    Other teams:
    NY Giants
    Well said.

I say if Lucas, Gibbs, Waite, and Hendo take the next step, you may as well give us the premiership. Ofcourse we need our 16-22 group to lift as well, but that will happen naturally
  5. HARKER

Carlton
    Other teams:
    I agree.

For those that saw him last year, you'd just hope for him to be able to get a few kicks this year.
    He's much better than that though, but his 2010 may be just about forgotten by most.
    Still only 20 years of age, you could do worse than put a few dollars on him to take out the Rising Star award this year.
  6. cookie monster

cookie monster Team Captain

Carlton
    Other teams:
    NY Giants
    Luke Shuey-esque if you may Harks?
  7. HARKER

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Hope so and quite possible, but too big a call to make just yet.

I know most of us lose ourself when Yarran gets moving, but this guy isn't too far behind in the way he can cover the ground.
    Best low to the ground player we have and probably the quickest and cleanest reflexes of all of the boys.

Fingers crossed for Kane this year.
  8. zeeCFC

zeeCFC With All The Champions

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Lead the club in interceptions before he got injured in 2010 - great reflexes and reading of the play ;)

He showed plenty in the Saints game at the end of the year, probably looking forward to seeing him play the most now that Big Squid is out for a while..
  9. NAUGHT5

NAUGHT5 Team Captain

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Arsenal, Phillies, Bulls
    He is the favourite according to sportsbet.com.au
  10. parrot

parrot Draftee

Other teams:
    I'd be VERY disappointed if Lucas turns out to be a Shuey type, who is a one paced vanilla mid. I lost count of how many times Shuey was run down in the last final series. Lucas is a much higher grade talent. He is an elite mid waiting to happen. Has it all, pace skill and size. Hoping he stays injury free. Should have a huge 2012. Can't wait.

:)
  11. Blue and Silver

Blue and Silver BFSC Gold

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Shuey has better disposal but Lucas has a far greater athletic base and is an excellent reader of the play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Stefchook

Stefchook Senior List

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Shuey's far quicker than the rest of West Coast's midfielders.
  13. gladiator4000

gladiator4000 Permaban

Carlton
    Other teams:
    For carlton to win this years flag 5 players all need to play at their best and lift, have their best seasons yet and these guys all had injuries last season.
    In my opinion Jamieson playing to his potential and possibly getting to all australian standards barring injuries.
    Jarrad Waite consistency with his goal kicking, taking more marks, more run and goals as well as goal assists.
    Matty kreuzer to play consistent as he did in his comeback game against the swans, settle and lift his game to a higher level.
    Sam rowe, if he can take big contested marks and hold his position and I think he will especially given how the blues have a strong belief in him thanks to duigan lol he can dominate up the ground.
    and kane lucas, as you all have said and i loved watching him play, he has it all and his adaptability will make him a deadly weapon.

Bar injuries and they play their best footy why cant we take the flag home to visy park???
  14. gladiator4000

gladiator4000 Permaban

Carlton
    Other teams:
    would you say the blues have a faster midfield
    lucas versus shuey??
  15. A_McKay

A_McKay #STANDBYTRIGG

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Thread needs more more Talia...

You can make a highlights package to this track...

[YOUTUBE]RIIEbrMXs20[/YOUTUBE]
  16. true blue19

true blue19 Team Captain

Carlton
    Other teams:
    I would love to see Lucas on one hbf and yarran on the other
  17. Blueboys7

Blueboys7 All Australian

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Pheonix Suns
    I'd prefer him up the ground a little more, perhaps a wing.

I'd like to rotate both Yarran and Lucas on a wing at times with Simpson spending some time forward. Simmo can give us a real spark as a leading small forward, as seen in a few games last year where he was tagged and forced forward.
  18. Blueboys7

Blueboys7 All Australian

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Pheonix Suns
    I'd be extremely happy if Lucas turned out to be a goal kicking mid like Shuey.
  19. Blueboys7

Blueboys7 All Australian

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Pheonix Suns
    Certainly one to watch but I'm keeping it in my pants for now. We were jizzing over him last preseason and although injury curtailed his season, I've learnt not to expect too much too soon.
  20. HARKER

Carlton
    Other teams:
    That's true, but I must say he (along with many of the boys) are looking sharper than through last years off-season.
    I do wonder exactly why that may be the case though. It just seems that expectations are much higher and that mediocrity won't be tolerated.

I do agree with Parrot though that Lucas has every chance to prove himself a better player than Shuey.
  21. Faz 2000

Faz 2000 Team Captain

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Pittsburgh Penguins, UT Longhorns
    I think to expect a Shuey-esque explosion from Sugar is to expect too much... but it's OK to hope for!

I *really* agree with the earlier thought that in order for the Blues to really challenge for a premiership (as with any team), we need a few guys to "come from nowhere" and have career-best seasons. In retrospect, it's what happens with every premiership team; guys step up, old guys have one last great season, guys come back from injury and perform, etc.

Lucas is an obviously candidate within the Blues' list for a breakout season that would leave opposition fans shaking their head and saying "it's unfair!". Doesn't mean it will happen, but he's a candidate!
  22. HARKER

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Opportunity will be a key term for many players this year with a real bottle neck for several positions.

We could have done with another quality mid-fielder last year and this is where Lucas, on the back of his pre-season, should get his chance come round 1.
    I see him well in front of Armfield and possibly a couple of others that may have been preferred previously.

Lucas has the tools and the class to play every game as long as he gets that start early on and I think he just will.
  23. zeeCFC

zeeCFC With All The Champions

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Curnow a sneaky chance to have a breakout year also. Interesting times ahead!
  24. HARKER

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Same thing applies.
    These guys aren't just meat & potatoes players/individuals. I have both currently in my starting 22 and that first game alone may be enough opportunity to see them fill the season.
  25. blue gunslinger

blue gunslinger BFSC Platinum

Carlton
    Other teams:
    www.wablues.com
    I agree- I for one got way ahead of myself concerning wablues own Kane Lucas expecting him to be a walk up starter in 2011. The signs are positive for him 2012 but the proof will be in the pudding. Show me some Sugar