Kane Mitchell Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, given that we aren't really a shot of recruiting any kids this year with our picks, I'm fine with upgrading Mitchell. Give him a year, maybe 2. Doesn't mean he'll play many games.

Mitchel is 90% more likely to make it over a kid taken in the 90's. He didn't win a sandover for being poo.

He's not in our top 25, but with some work on his errant disposal and tackling he could be handy depth considering he fits in with our game plan, speed and stamina

Well done Kane. Not sure why we had to use a 7 page necro-thread from July to comment on this though.
There was a time I thought his disposal utensil-ups this year were a career killer. But I think I've been a bit blinkered there. Having re-watched a few of this year's Power games on Foxtel his good outweighed his bad at least as much as a few of his more highly-rated team-mates. And at SANFL level he was an absolute leader. I endorse this upgrade with the Powerstufff seal of approval.

Kane Mitchell is a hard worker and he has the right attitude so he probably deserves to be added to the senior list. He just needs to work on his disposal and decision making, its pretty terrible to say the least. Hopefully Vossy can work with him to make him a better footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a bit like Moore, tears it up at SANFL level, plays like and looks like he is too good for that level. But when he comes up to AFL level, he is a bit unsure of himself and at times last year that lack of confidence came across as a lack of toughness. His disposal still needs work.

He's had a good year. He came a long way for a rookie pick that has been either in the side or emergency for the majority of the season. And that for the 3rd best side in the comp. He deserves a spot on the main list. With the lottery that is the draft I don't understand the notion that pick friggin muchness is better than a player that works his arse off, can run like a hare, and confuse an opposition more than his own team mates. We are talking about a player occupying a spot, moving from speculative rookie to bottom end main list.

Hmmm. He's going to better than pick 93, that's a safe bet. Will he improve? I think he can, he just needs to work on his composure. His lack of composure is what's affecting his disposal the most, hence why he struggles with it at AFL level and not Sanfl level. I like Sam Gray but only for the Maggies, would rather the club punt on a rookie ruckman. What's happening with Tommy Logan?

..... With the lottery that is the draft I don't understand the notion that pick friggin muchness is better than a player that works his arse off, can run like a hare, and confuse an opposition more than his own team mates. We are talking about a player occupying a spot, moving from speculative rookie to bottom end main list.
Exactly. So much this. By the time the freaky good kids have been mopped up in the top 2 rounds it is here we find the Barlows and the Puopolos etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back