Draft Profile Kane Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Really looking forward to the real season begining and the BF plebs start hilighting and critisizing every mistake Kane makes with the obvious "I told you so".
Why is there so much negative focus on a rookie listed player where there a much more appropriate targets to identify, as far as I know he's never played an AFL match yet and the Western Australians are get all hot and sweaty together celebrating his future failure.

Your accusations of schadenfreude are well off the mark, I don't hope he fails, it's just my expectation. Couldn't give less of a s**t about being "proven right" either.

6 pages and 134 posts for Kane bloody Mitchell!!

Sheesh.

When they write the Port Adelaide dictionary, as limited as it will be, the word crab will have whole new significance and a pretty picture.;)

Given that pretty much all port fans have low expectations of him, its amazing how big this thread is. Chances are he'll play a few games this year and not be good enough, like most rookie list players. Worthy of a huge 'i told you so' thread? I wouldnt have thought so.

Guess it shows what a dire state the wafl is in if a bloke who cant kick, cant mark, cant stick a tackle, cant play inside and is a midget wins the sandover in record fashion.

And just quietly there are still one or two of us around that grew up playing footy in the Claremont area before you had to be a millionaire to live there so we aren't all private schoolboys that support the Tigers.
Why does everyone else in the WAFL hate yas so much, then!

Guess it shows what a dire state the wafl is in if a bloke who cant kick, cant mark, cant stick a tackle, cant play inside and is a midget wins the sandover in record fashion.
Maybe the WAFL should also have a salary cap too big for its own good.

Given that pretty much all port fans have low expectations of him, its amazing how big this thread is. Chances are he'll play a few games this year and not be good enough, like most rookie list players. Worthy of a huge 'i told you so' thread? I wouldnt have thought so.

I think reflects more the fact of the dire state of umpiring at this level, where they can only identify accumulaters and not game makers/breakers.

Maybe the WAFL should also have a salary cap too big for its own good.

Yeah, then you could have a real quality state league medal winner like ... Brad Symes. Oh.

Carry on.

Exactly!

When you're picked up at 23, you're usually going to be lacking in fitness, build... just things you can work on in a professional, full-time environment. Look at Podsiadly or Barlow. Mitchell's faults are ones you can't sandover down.

The comparisons to Dane Swan are absolutely batshit fvcking crazy. There's nothing worse than sycophantic, hyperbolic media who go out and say 'young kid looks like champion because, um, they look a bit the same and play the same role.' Come on. Dane Swan is essentially in the top five midfielders in the competition. He won a Brownlow and was one of the blokes who, in the last 15ish years, actually thoroughly deserved it! If Dane Swan let footy upset him, he'd be offended by that.

You're saying you cant improve kicking with extra practice and game-pace training?

gee fair bit of hate for a guy who has busted his arse to get to AFL level.
The absolute majority of blokes bust their arse to play AFL. But people still give them s**t – and rightfully so. The "I'd like to see you play at that level!" argument is pretty much used exclusively on short buses, in cheer squads, and at primary school.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The absolute majority of blokes bust their arse to play AFL. But people still give them s**t – and rightfully so. The "I'd like to see you play at that level!" argument is pretty much used exclusively on short buses, in cheer squads, and at primary school.

Love your thinking, bloke busts his ass off to play AFL and some dork who moves cities (and tells everyone about it as if its some sort of achievement) thinks its ok,rightfully so, to bag them out. Get ****ed.

That accumulators dont always win it. Though I guess Ballantyne accumulated goals that year..

I know what you're saying. But Ballantyne was clearly a quality footballer, hence the position that he was taken in the draft.

And I don't hate Mitchell at all. But in watching him play I have seen nothing that indicates that he will make it at AFL level.

Good luck to him, I hope he proves me wrong. However, I very much doubt it.

keep changing my mind about him. I think I'll give him a go in my SC midfield - hope it doesn't come back to haunt me :D

Will almost certainly spud it up.

It wouldn't surprise me if Port seen that he won a Sandover and thought "Hey he must be good!" without having the resources to check him out properly and actually see how ordinary the bloke is.
This has to be one of the worst comments I have read on this thread....I don't even......

We rookied. .....meaning low risk...experimental/project player...check him out properply lol... :rolleyes:

Love your thinking, bloke busts his arse off to play AFL and some dork who moves cities (and tells everyone about it as if its some sort of achievement) thinks its ok,rightfully so, to bag them out. Get screwed.
What la-la land do you live in?

How about you don't criticise politicans. 'Coz you're not!

Don't complain about poor service or bad food, 'coz you're not a chef nor a waiter.

And we should banish all review and criticism forever... that is, unless you're better than someone at something.

This has to be one of the worst comments I have read on this thread....I don't even......

Especially considering we watched him about 15 times last year whilst eyeing up Stevenson

Jealousy is a curse. That s**t will kill you. It's okay to wish for the same level of success that others have enjoyed, but you must let the hatred go ;)
Claremont: Twelve flags, only five before the Eagles
South Freo: Thirteen flags, ten before the Eagles

I'm happy with my WAFL club, thanks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back