Kangaroos Tasmanian Academy

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Last edited by a moderator:
AFL boss backs Tassie footy academy
http://www.themercury.com.au/news/t...ie-footy-academy/story-fnj4f7k1-1227138878798

http://www.themercury.com.au/news/t...ie-footy-academy/story-fnj4f7k1-1227138878798

Well it seems like the expansion clubs are not the only ones who will have our own academies.

So the AFL might bribe North to semi-relocate with the offer of an academy....Still think there is no benefit to them?

edited to add: I'm against this unfair advantage as well.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
AFL boss backs Tassie footy academy

Well it seems like the expansion clubs are not the only ones who will have our own academies.
The day North get an academy is a day closer to them becoming an expansion club, with a lot of similarities to the Swans. Unfortunately.

So far the NSW and Queensland academies are looking very successful, so I can fully understand why an academy in Tassie would be good for junior development for the state. This years draft looked very light on for Tassie talent.

But it would be nice if it didn't manipulate the draft and also be used an an inducement to the Kangaroos.

Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba
So what's the reasoning for having a Tasmanian academy? Tassie is already a footy mad state.

I couldn't possibly be to give them a massive leg up over the competition could it? Sydney, GWS, Gold Coast and Brisbane supporters have already told us that it isn't just a bullshit way to ensure they are regular finalists.

cammo78

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Mooroolbark FC, Arizona Cardinals
So what's the reasoning for having a Tasmanian academy? Tassie is already a footy mad state.

I couldn't possibly be to give them a massive leg up over the competition could it? Sydney, GWS, Gold Coast and Brisbane supporters have already told us that it isn't just a bullshit way to ensure they are regular finalists.

It's the first inducement in permanently relocating them to Hobart.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Not to have the Ballarat rug pulled from under us after all the work we've done there, including having our AFL listed players play there every week.

Every AFL leader will have his own personal project targets.

I think Vlad seemed a little more on board with Norths own vision for itself.

In only a few months Gil has said a done a few things that suggests he may not be as friendly.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Every AFL leader will have his own personal project targets.

I think Vlad seemed a little more on board with Norths own vision for itself.
He wanted to ship us off to GC. That wasn't a vision of ours.
In only a few months Gil has said a done a few things that suggests he may not be as friendly.
I don't mind Gil, comes across a smooth operator and seems to have a genuine care for the game and fans in general. However I do agree that he doesn't seem very North friendly, including shafting us with the fixture with only 2 Friday night games after making the prelim.

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeh, six years of priority access to the highly developed footy strongholds of North Coast NSW and East Sydney has been outstanding for us.

Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba
Yeh, six years of priority access to the highly developed footy strongholds of North Coast NSW and East Sydney has been outstanding for us.

You just netted a top 2 pick for the price of pick 18. It's a bullshit rule that gives your club another unjustifiable advantage.

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
You just netted a top 2 pick for the price of pick 18. It's a bullshit rule that gives your club another unjustifiable advantage.
We netted a top two pick who wouldn't have been playing football if it wasn't for the academy and left another first rounder in. We also used a second and third rounder on players who were tipped as rookie picks.

Back