Kanye West tour

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got 3 GA tickets for the Melbourne show! :D

I'm so ******* stoked right now!
I also got 2 GA tickets. Yeezy season approachin!
Got my tickets today, bring on Yeezy.

Yayyyyyy guys! :D

You got the Last Call for tickets, before the rush of public sale, which would likely lead to Bad News, and force you to approach a Heartless scalper, who won't experience a Guilt Trip from price gouging - because they say, We Don't Care.

Let the speculation begin:

I could so easily change this but for some reason I did it very quickly and easily. Start big with "Power", an extended intro. Then some soulful stuff, slow it down with "Runaway" and "Everything I Am", before bringing it back in a big way with "Stronger" and "Bound 2". "Devil In a New Dress" is one of my favourite Ye songs ever, then it goes really hard with "Blood On the Leaves" (specifically the.. uh.. Instagram verse) then get a couple of friends in (2 Chainz and Jay-Z?) to help with the next two songs. Finish on "Celebration" because it really is a celebration of his best work.

Lead in the encore with "Flashing Lights" because it is a superb track, then "I'm In It" because there needs to be something loud in the encore, then "Lost In the World" because it is a beautiful closer.

1. Power
2. All Falls Down
3. Touch the Sky
4. Through the Wire
5. Crack Music
6. We Don't Care
7. Runaway
8. Everything I Am
9. Stronger
10. Bound 2
11. Devil In a New Dress
12. Blood On the Leaves
13. Mercy
14. Illest Motherf**ker Alive
15. Celebration
——————————————
16. Flashing Lights
17. I’m In It
18. Lost In the World

Hopefully I'm not "cheating" by including songs from non-solo records, but Kanye obviously had a big say in both Cruel Summer and Watch the Throne. A lot of the above he probably wouldn't play, but the best thing about music is that's my dream setlist and it probably differs to everyone else's.
I didn't purposely leave out 808s entirely, but I feel like none of the songs really fit into that set. I also wanted to include "Homecoming" from Graduation but again didn't feel like there was anywhere to put it.

Album breakdown:
College Dropout - 3
Late Registration - 3
Graduation - 3
808s and Heartbreaks - 0
MBDTF - 4
Yeezus - 3
Cruel Summer - 1
WTT - 1

Definitely not cheating :)

My dream would be:

1. Dark Fantasy - as he is coming out, sets the scene. Opening track to one of the best hip hop albums ever.
2. On Sight - then BAM. Get the crowd pumping.
3. I'm In It - continue on the intense start. Keep the sounds heavy.
4. POWER - continues this theme, but brings us full circle to the opening sounds of MBDTF.

Then Kanye talks about himself. And how he is awesome.

Then we go melodic and old school:

5. Through The Wire - what else? Go where it all started!
6. Roses
7. Slow Jamz
8. Touch the Sky - this would be incredible with everyone getting into it.

Then the big hits from mid-career, to keep the crowd on this high note:

9. Stronger
10. Good Life
11. Homecoming

And then a singalong to finish, with particular crowd favourites:

12. Jesus Walks - starting chronologically.
13. Gold Digger - with full Ray Charles "I Got A Woman" introduction please!
14. Gorgeous
15. Black Skinhead. LOUD. GOD. GOD. GOD!

---------

For the encore, I have to pick my top 3, not sure on the order, though it doesn't really worry me.

Probably would start with "Blood on the Leaves".

Then "Runaway" - favouritest Rap song ever. Oh, and make it the 10 minute version please.
And then "Hey Mama" - so beautiful. Wouldn't care which was 2nd last and which was last. Either way would leave happy.

Album breakdown:

College Dropout - 3
Late Registration - 4
Graduation - 3
MBDTF - 4
Yeezus - 4

As above, not sure how 808s would fit into this truncated setlist. If had to pick some, "Amazing" and "Paranoid" would probably be the first two picked.

Let the speculation begin:

This was his set list in Pennsylvania;

I'm Not Home
On Sight
New Slaves
Send It Up
Mercy
Power
Cold
I Don't Like
Clique
Black Skinhead
I Am a God
Can't Tell Me Nothing
Coldest Winter
Hold My Liquor
I'm In It
Guilt Trip
Heartless
Blood on the Leaves
Lost in the World
Runaway
Stronger
Through the Wire
Jesus Walks
All Falls Down
Homecoming
Gold Digger
Run This Town
American Boy
Spaceship
Get 'Em High
The New Workout Plan
Heard 'Em Say
Dark Fantasy
fellows In Paris
Touch The Sky
Can't Tell Me Nothing
Flashing Lights
All The Lights
Good Life
Bound 2

It'll be interesting to see how these segments of his shows'll go. The cool thing is he has such an eclectic catalogue for a rapper, so he can really puff out each set with a completely different sound. And chuck in a massive single or two for each of them. My main disappointment is Bound 2 as the closer though – I think he could do something else there, something a little more intense with more closure.

But it should be theatrical to say the least.

It'll be interesting to see how these segments of his shows'll go. The cool thing is he has such an eclectic catalogue for a rapper, so he can really puff out each set with a completely different sound. And chuck in a massive single or two for each of them. My main disappointment is Bound 2 as the closer though – I think he could do something else there, something a little more intense with more closure.

But it should be theatrical to say the least.

Unless he brings Kim out on stage, I would like to see Bound 2 buried somewhere mid-set as well :)

Don't forget to add a rant or two he's done one at every show by the sounds of it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back