Kardinia Park's Racing & Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Diamond Drille giving weight to Catkins, Sweet Idea and Politeness? Wheely?

Can you explain your thinking here for a dumb campaigner like me please?

I beg to differ, coming from where she was she gave everything in front of her a start and a beating and was pulling away on the line. Those behind were lengths behind her at the finish. I thought Shoreham at 80's was the second best run of the race.

And here's why i think you are wrong, she loomed up to blow them away, didn't, they were coming at her again on the line (especially Lidari), watch it again. Fitness may bring her on further, but as Paris said, it was hardly a put your glasses down slaughter.

And here's why i think you are wrong, she loomed up to blow them away, didn't, they were coming at her again on the line (especially Lidari), watch it again. Fitness may bring her on further, but as Paris said, it was hardly a put your glasses down slaughter.

I think we see the Turnbull differently and that's what's great about punting, opinions differ. Lidari sat 1x1 and had every possible chance. LV gave it 5 lengths at the 600 and won pulling away. l can't see where Lidari was making ground on LV at any point.

I beg to differ, coming from where she was she gave everything in front of her a start and a beating and was pulling away on the line. Those behind were lengths behind her at the finish. I thought Shoreham at 80's was the second best run of the race.

Let's not forget the issues she had going into the race as well. That run probably just topped her off, she'll be peaking tomorrow.

I think we see the Turnbull differently and that's what's great about punting, opinions differ. Lidari sat 1x1 and had every possible chance. LV gave it 5 lengths at the 600 and won pulling away. l can't see where Lidari was making ground on LV at any point.

To be fair - I have seen other people express this view. People were jizzing themselves all over twitter after the win but when I saw the replay my initial thought was - fk me - it was an ok win- but I've seen plenty of horses ran better Cup trials and get well held on the day (El Segundo a prime example). People were acting as if it was the second coming of So You Think!

Yea, im not saying she isn't a great chance at all tomorrow.

She is a smother get back horse who goes bang, Lidari and Brambles aren't, can hardly use the 'oh they were in the 1,1 and box seat' as a pointer, thats how they race and thats how she races. Not buying the whole 'Lidari and Brambles had the best runs in that race' theory either. The leaders completely compounded, i just think those three horses were the best three in that race. Lidari and Brambles also meet her 1.5kgs better tomorrow.

Again, not denying she isn't a great chance, i have her favourite, but not for my life as a $3.80 fav.

To be fair - I have seen other people express this view. People were jizzing themselves all over twitter after the win but when I saw the replay my initial thought was - fk me - it was an ok win- but I've seen plenty of horses ran better Cup trials and get well held on the day (El Segundo a prime example). People were acting as if it was the second coming of So You Think!

Yeah that's going a bit far to compare her to SYT. I personally thing this is the weakest CC field l have seen in 20 years and if LV was in one of the previous 20 CC's she'd be 10's plus. I'm not jizzing over the run l just can't see any of the Turnbull field beating her home.

Diamond Drille giving weight to Catkins, Sweet Idea and Politeness? Wheely?

Can you explain your thinking here for a dumb campaigner like me please?

The theory is that she doesn't go that well on wet ground yet she still managed to win a G1 on it. She's hardly seen a decent track in 6 months. Given the right conditions I think she's just as good as the rest of them. Sweet Idea will be the biggest danger, may play some exotics around DD, Girl In Flight, Mays Dream & Sweet Idea. No great pot on Catkins or Politeness but I'm happy for them to go around without my money.

Yea, im not saying she isn't a great chance at all tomorrow.

She is a smother get back horse who goes bang, Lidari and Brambles aren't, can hardly use the 'oh they were in the 1,1 and box seat' as a pointer, thats how they race and thats how she races. Not buying the whole 'Lidari and Brambles had the best runs in that race' theory either. The leaders completely compounded, i just think those three horses were the best three in that race. Lidari and Brambles also meet her 1.5kgs better tomorrow.

Again, not denying she isn't a great chance, i have her favourite, but not for my life as a $3.80 fav.

In any other CC over the past 20 years she'd be 10 dollars plus. I just think it's a really weak edition.

The theory is that she doesn't go that well on wet ground yet she still managed to win a G1 on it. She's hardly seen a decent track in 6 months. Given the right conditions I think she's just as good as the rest of them. Sweet Idea will be the biggest danger, may play some exotics around DD, Girl In Flight, Mays Dream & Sweet Idea. No great pot on Catkins or Politeness but I'm happy for them to go around without my money.

Fair enough, i was just surprised you're getting off Politeness after the tragic run last time you were on.

You know there will be speed here with SI.

Warming to Politeness after not being that interested in this race earlier myself.

Fair enough, i was just surprised you're getting off Politeness after the tragic run last time you were on.

You know there will be speed here with SI.

Warming to Politeness after not being that interested in this race earlier myself.

Maybe I'm holding a grudge ...but I think they will all find it hard getting past Sweet Idea.

WTF have you been smoking???

whatever it is I want some

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually agree with A11 - not sure where every one gets this 'she was going away from them from' - she won by a maintained half a length in my book and did at one stage look like she'd win by further.

You changed the argument. Didn't you say LIDARI came back and made ground late?

Umm no, my words weren't that at all, here, just for you, read again:

she loomed up to blow them away, didn't, they were coming at her again on the line (especially Lidari), watch it again. .

Coming again:

When something is 'coming again' at some point in the run it gets run up to, gets passed , margin is established, margin doesn't widen, margin diminishes.

I think its pretty clear and you could tell that Lidari had halted that margin was actually about to come back at LV on and through the finishing post.

And thats how we break down 'coming again' , children. :$

Sorry power but you're completely wrong. There's not a single horse at the 200 that LV doesn't have a bigger margin on at the finish.

Caulfield

Race 2 Klammer 1u Win @$8 (B365)
Race 4 Quin Kumaon/Merion 1u@8.30 (CB)
Race 5 River Lad 0.5u Win @$18 (B365) Smokin Joey 0.5u Win @28 (B365)
Race 6 Diamond Drille 0.5u Win @$21 (B365)
Race 7 Villanova 1.5u Win @8 (B365)
Race 8 Bel Sprinter 1u Win @$10 (B365)

Out : $4100
In : $4410
Bank : $5310

(includes Dark Thunder from Fri)

Seymour Cup today :)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back