Karl Langdon labels Daniel Kerr as a "disgrace" and " not worth talking about"

Remove this Banner Ad

TheOutrageBus

Debutant
Jun 23, 2015
Geoffrey Edelsten's orgy
AFL Club
West Coast
Well known Eagles legend Karl Langdon has labelled troubled former Eagle Daniel Kerr as a disgrace.

"He's a moron," Langdon told Sports Today.

"I wouldn't trust him as far as I could kick him.

"Why he did that interview and not tell his mum and dad and not tell his sister - who is playing in a World Cup for Australia - is an absolute disgrace.

"I think all the bloke is doing is thinking about himself, rather than anybody else."

Langdon branded Kerr's interview "one of the most average he'd seen" before forcing his own chat in a different direction ahead of Fremantle's clash with Collingwood.

"You know what? I don't even want to talk about him. I'd rather talk about tonight's game," Langdon said.

Do you guys think it's harsh? Or does Langdon have a point?

Well known Eagles legend Karl Langdon has labelled troubled former Eagle Daniel Kerr as a disgrace.

"He's a moron," Langdon told Sports Today.

"I wouldn't trust him as far as I could kick him.

"Why he did that interview and not tell his mum and dad and not tell his sister - who is playing in a World Cup for Australia - is an absolute disgrace.

"I think all the bloke is doing is thinking about himself, rather than anybody else."

Langdon branded Kerr's interview "one of the most average he'd seen" before forcing his own chat in a different direction ahead of Fremantle's clash with Collingwood.

"You know what? I don't even want to talk about him. I'd rather talk about tonight's game," Langdon said.

Do you guys think it's harsh? Or does Langdon have a point?

On this occasion he has a point

fair enough i reckon. I love kerr as a player. Ive met him in person and he was great to the staff and signed autographs despite having his shoulder in a sling. But his interview on the footy show was so obviously timed to further his own interests. But the number of things he does away from the camera and spotlight is not a coincidence. He has an alcohol problem and still cant admit it to himself

Yeah, I was almost going to post something about that Footy show interview in the Daniel Kerr players thread the other night. That interview was absolutely terrible. He just refused to admit to the problems he obviously had. Kept saying things like taking drugs wasn't an issue for him etc. Plus he was trying to paint criminals he associates with in a positive light. He really didn't seem to show any real remorse.
It was embarrassing to watch as a West Coast supporter.
Props to Daniel for his contribution on the football field, he was a fantastic player. But as a person I have no respect for him based on his interview the other night.

Yeah, I was almost going to post something about that Footy show interview in the Daniel Kerr players thread the other night. That interview was absolutely terrible. He just refused to admit to the problems he obviously had. Kept saying things like taking drugs wasn't an issue for him etc. Plus he was trying to paint criminals he associates with in a positive light. He really didn't seem to show any real remorse.
It was embarrassing to watch as a West Coast supporter.
Props to Daniel for his contribution on the football field, he was a fantastic player. But as a person I have no respect for him based on his interview the other night.
Before he talks about getting his life back on track he needs to get some runs on the board.

A great talent who has had the maturity of a five year old.

I'm with Langdon in thinking he is a moron.

And Langdon is absolutely correct

To be fair Langdon is a flog when he's sober.

Kerr shouldn't be given any oxygen at the moment. Obviously still in denial about his drug (includes alcohol) issues. On the plus side he doesn't look like a dead man walking like Cuz :(

I think Kerr was always known to be a big of a flog. Sure he was nervous etc for the interview but he still came across as a bit arrogant and not willing to take full responsibility for his actions ... the exact problem with society.

Before he talks about getting his life back on track he needs to get some runs on the board.
I think this is the key point.

Kerr could have a good story to tell in a couple of years if he does genuinely turn his life around, but he's a hell of a long way from that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really want to watch the interview

"well known Eagles legend" - really?? Perhaps in his own eyes. Another ex player trying to make a career in the media, loves the sound of his own voice. Talks too much himself.

Say what you want about Karl, but at least he can call a game with two eyes, unlike a lot of his peers...

I didn't see the interview, as I don't like the footy show.

But why would he even need to do an interview?

Seems like a bit of self promotion or to get people to think he is still relevant?

Great player and servant for the club, but go off and do some charity work, or something for the game that gave you a lot. Until I see that, Karl is right

Langdon is a disgrace himself and you know what? I don't even want to talk about him, i'd rather just talk about tonight's football instead!

I don't think it's a case of self-promotion, I think Kerr did it for the cash they offered him for the interview. It was an out of the blue opportunity for easy money. All he had to do was dribble some s**t and the money was his.

Seems like a bit of self promotion or to get people to think he is still relevant?

Great player and servant for the club, but go off and do some charity work, or something for the game that gave you a lot. Until I see that, Karl is right
By the sounds of things he can't afford to be doing any unpaid work.

I don't think it's a case of self-promotion, I think Kerr did it for the cash they offered him for the interview. It was an out of the blue opportunity for easy money. All he had to do was dribble some s**t and the money was his.
Why?

So the Vic media could shift the focus back to the druggies that were west coast and not one of their precious teams?

Looking for a "scoop" that didn't exist. Way to try and fsk your old club Kerry

Wow we certainly have a lot of perfect people on this board who have never done anything wrong and don't have any problems.

Pots calling the kettle black I reckon.

How about if you think he is such a loser you go and help him instead of calling out names here about him.

You wouldn't do it to his face, you would just ask for his autograph if you saw him.

Probably did it so when he's in front of a magistrate he can point to the interview and say "hey look! I've changed!" but it backfired

Langdon is a disgrace himself

Wow we certainly have a lot of perfect people on this board who have never done anything wrong and don't have any problems.

Pots calling the kettle black I reckon

Hypocritical much?

Andrew Embley said pretty much the same thing yesterday morning on ABC as well, so it's not just Karl (and Embers even said he still thought of Kerr as one of his best mates).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back