Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
on 360 last night, it was predicted his 1st grade AFL career is virtually over, as he can no longer be considered good enough to make the team.

it is predicted that as of next year, there is so much talent in front of him he will become a reserve grader perpetually.

K's usefulness as a marketing tool is now overshadowed by the teams coming success. perhaps we can no longer afford to carry him as winning becomes more important in building a fan base than hunts attraction as an ex NRL player.

i, like some of the 360 mob feel sad after what he achieved. hunt was the sharp edge of the wedge that got me interested in AFL. ive no doubt thousands of others also. but he may well have reached his use by as an ex NRL marketing tool as all the fans he was used to attract, are either now interested...or not. he now must rely on his talent.

has he the talent to make a SUNS side next year with a full available list?

I think so. I saw that too and they have a point, however I do think he'd be a solid squad guy who can come in and do a job. You need depth. As long as his next contract reflected that pay-wise, then I'd think he'd have a future here until he retires.

I think so. I saw that too and they have a point, however I do think he'd be a solid squad guy who can come in and do a job. You need depth. As long as his next contract reflected that pay-wise, then I'd think he'd have a future here until he retires.

I wonder if he would want that though, he could go to union/league and be a star, not sure if he would want to be a reserve in the afl.

Perhaps he will give it one more year to try and break into the side again.

• Banned
i hope he stays.

ive got the impression that hunt has too much ambition to give up. he is constantly improving, so i hope he and others give himself more time.

I'm a fan of Hunt. He's actually pretty good, I wouldn't be surprised if he was in your premiership winning team. He has more to offer than being simply a depth player. I'd like to see him playing as your sub to be honest, would suit him.

• Banned
If I've said it once I'll say it again.

K is our ready made replacement for Brown and he'll be around for years to come. Mark my words.

thats interesting. i do see the similarities, but brown may be underrated for his goal kicking ability?

what annoys me is i think they are playing him out of position.
those games he played last year (bombers, norf and freo)
he was a main person in the middle laying the tackles and getting the ball
out to the outside mids.
this yr i think he hasnt had that chaance to do that.
i understand that there are better players ahead of him.
i thought k and jesse would be that player this year but both havnt been in the side.
has prestia made this role his own?

what annoys me is i think they are playing him out of position.
those games he played last year (bombers, norf and freo)
he was a main person in the middle laying the tackles and getting the ball
out to the outside mids.
this yr i think he hasnt had that chaance to do that.
i understand that there are better players ahead of him.
i thought k and jesse would be that player this year but both havnt been in the side.
has prestia made this role his own?

At this stage that role has pretty much become Dions. I think K has a lot to offer the side still, and if his body is up to it will play a valuable part in our squad

K is our ready made replacement for Brown and he'll be around for years to come. Mark my words.

Interesting, haven't heard you make that call before but it makes sense. That's about the only role I can see him having long term (as in best 22 position, would certainly add to the midfield depth).

He has been injured guys, a lot of bad luck this year!!!!

The last place I would go to for opinion is fox sports, I guess the Herald Sun would be up there too. Go with what you know and what you have seen, when K is healthy he plays a very good role for the GC Suns.

He is always positive and seems to be enjoying his time at the Suns, nothing to see here lets move on.

This AFL media cycle where they MUST find something fresh to talk about every day means they come out with crap that otherwise would not have been spoken about.

Back into my hole now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love him
He gets in good places and reads the play well
Unfortunately with his designated role comes the responsibility to pick up possessions
It's the next part of the jigsaw and I'm not betting against him to put it into place

Hunt has been a Solid player.

1st year he struggled as he was played in defence. 2nd year he played in the midfield and forward line. He can be a good half forward flanker/ Forward pocket or rotate from the midifield and bench.

Go look at his 1st 2 seasons...

In 2011 he played 16 games and gathered 132 disposals which equals just over 8 disposals a game.
In 2012 he played 18 games and gathered 264 disposals which equals 14 disposals a game.

This season he has struggled with injury, but he has had games where he got 14-16 disposals per game.

I still think he can be a useful player.

Also keep in mind when he debuted, his body was AFL ready as well as he is 186 cm and 90 odd kg.

I think he has the physical side like Brown's game. I think spending time in the forward line he can become the next Campbell.

I'm a fan of Hunt. He's actually pretty good, I wouldn't be surprised if he was in your premiership winning team. He has more to offer than being simply a depth player. I'd like to see him playing as your sub to be honest, would suit him.

I think coming off the bench and just decking people could be useful. Especially when you need some legs in the last quarter and he can just hit someone and run with the ball. One play like that could set up a goal and get the Suns over the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back