Scandal Karmichael Hunt admits purchasing cocaine for GCS players - Suns commence investigation into claims

Remove this Banner Ad

Name and shame is the only way these guys will learn.......while they are protected from public scrutiny, they will continue.

...if they are named every time they are caught taking ANY illegal drugs, the glares and stares, loss of adulation/respect from the public will be felt eventually, because they will realise that they are only being looked upon as a drug taker, not the idol they once were........and may also risk losing that wonderful job they have in playing their sport......and the money.

I refuse to call illegal drugs "recreational".....bullcrap, they are illegal drugs, and these guys are breaking the law..

Stop protecting them!
C'mon Mum. You walk passed people in the street every day who take "illegal drugs".

You're most likely served by them at the supermarket, discuss your children's education with them during parent-teacher night, pat them on the back when they coach your kids weekend sports match, wave to them as they pull into the house down the street.....society is absolutely full of people who take 'illegal' drugs.

Let's not even pretend that you're not cheering on 'drug takers' every weekend. The AFL is full of players who dabble, just as society is.

C'mon Mum. You walk passed people in the street every day who take "illegal drugs".

You're most likely served by them at the supermarket, discuss your children's education with them during parent-teacher night, pat them on the back when they coach your kids weekend sports match, wave to them as they pull into the house down the street.....society is absolutely full of people who take 'illegal' drugs.

Let's not even pretend that you're not cheering on 'drug takers' every weekend. The AFL is full of players who dabble, just as society is.

I agree with majority of what you said....I do pass them in the street, very obviously off their head.....don't have parent/teacher nights anymore, or kids playing footy....I'm a great grandmother.

..and yes, society is full of druggie deadbeats unfortunately.....and you're right again, most probably cheering on players who dabble in drugs..

..not my boys though!;):p

I agree with majority of what you said....I do pass them in the street, very obviously off their head.....don't have parent/teacher nights anymore, or kids playing footy....I'm a great grandmother.

..and yes, society is full of druggie deadbeats unfortunately.....and you're right again, most probably cheering on players who dabble in drugs..

..not my boys though!;):p
I think you've misinterpreted what I meant.

Society is full of people who take illegal drugs who are not 'druggie deadbeats' and who are not 'off their heads', just as society is full of people who don't stop to a complete stop at stop signs who are not mass murderers.

The one thing I can bet on is that the Qld Corruption & Crime commission won't be working with the AFL given the road blocks they put up to ASADA and the AFP investigation.

The funniest part about this whole case (well bunch of lines actually) is that the code Hunt is currently contracted to is the one which will encounter the least collateral damage.

Also personally believe that any punishment handed out to Karmichael Hunt should be halved due to his contribution to rhyming slang.

Are you serious - The AFL bent over backward to help ASADA - Even allowing ASADA to use the AFL's contactual powers.

Name and shame is the only way these guys will learn.......while they are protected from public scrutiny, they will continue.

...if they are named every time they are caught taking ANY illegal drugs, the glares and stares, loss of adulation/respect from the public will be felt eventually, because they will realise that they are only being looked upon as a drug taker, not the idol they once were........and may also risk losing that wonderful job they have in playing their sport......and the money.

I refuse to call illegal drugs "recreational".....bullcrap, they are illegal drugs, and these guys are breaking the law..

Stop protecting them!

Maybe you should convince the Police to be less selective in who and why they charge some individuals.

Of course ... doesn't mean it's right
Just a query.

Do you condone cigarette smoking? Is that drug ok be to used because the government make squillions off of it, and have deemed it legal?

Just a query.

Do you condone cigarette smoking? Is that drug ok be to used because the government make squillions off of it, and have deemed it legal?

I'm holier than thou ... ;)

I have never done drugs, I have never smoked a cigarette, not a single one. My Dad died in 1971 when I was 12, he was told to stop smoking or it would kill him, he never stopped and died quick. I've never heard of a more compelling reason to abstain.

I'm holier than thou ... ;)

I have never done drugs, I have never smoked a cigarette, not a single one. My Dad died in 1971 when I was 12, he was told to stop smoking or it would kill him, he never stopped and died quick. I've never heard of a more compelling reason to abstain.
Fair enough. I am pretty repulsed by smokers, but hey, the can kill themselves any way they wish.

My point though, smoking is deemed to be 'right', yet it kills hundreds of Australians every year..... these 'illegal' drugs that we are discussing may have a link to a smaller number of fatalities, but I'm not sure cigarette smoking carries quite the same stigma as someone who does some coke 5 times a year.

Fair enough. I am pretty repulsed by smokers, but hey, the can kill themselves any way they wish.

My point though, smoking is deemed to be 'right', yet it kills hundreds of Australians every year..... these 'illegal' drugs that we are discussing may have a link to a smaller number of fatalities, but I'm not sure cigarette smoking carries quite the same stigma as someone who does some coke 5 times a year.

You're coming up with the old cigarettes / alcohol argument ... Hell, I hate smokes, but am keen on my scotch, port, wine, beer, so how can I counter that?

Simple, I can't, smokes & booze have problems associated with their use, no denying it.

Then we come to drugs, illicit drugs, yep, I'm a hypocrite, I believe without illicit drugs we would be a better society.

What I do know about them, and it aint much, is they have an intoxicating nature, if they didn't, why would anyone bother with them?

I know an old mate dove off a high rise building when he was using, everyone would have a similar story. I believe illicit drugs, in any quantity, and any frequency, is bad for you. I have no facts, (I'm sure there are some) it's just what I believe. I believe the many & varied illicit drugs should remain illicit and should be banned again in any quantity, and any frequency.

I believe we should have a zero tolerance, people who know more about this stuff agree with that, but it's not because of them I say so, it is my belief.

I like Utopias, why not strive for our own, drug free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you serious - The AFL bent over backward to help ASADA - Even allowing ASADA to use the AFL's contactual powers.
Really? The AFL has been a two faced lying betch for years, they will say whatever they think the public wants to here, which is the whole reason why everyone is struggling to understand the rules now. We're now nearly two years on from this and still no resolution, if the AFL really wanted it sorted they would've got it done by now, the fact is they wanted to stall it so that the suspensions could happen at the most opportune time for them, nothing else.

Really? The AFL has been a two faced lying betch for years, they will say whatever they think the public wants to here, which is the whole reason why everyone is struggling to understand the rules now. We're now nearly two years on from this and still no resolution, if the AFL really wanted it sorted they would've got it done by now, the fact is they wanted to stall it so that the suspensions could happen at the most opportune time for them, nothing else.

So the fact that the AFL hasnt been involved in the investigation or the court cases since August 2013 is just overlooked right?

I never thought that the AFL morphed into ASADA - Maybe quit while you are ahead.

The best news for KH is that this wasn't an end of season footy trip to SE Asia.

More than likely he'll cop not much worse than a slap on the wrist legally. Chance he may lose his RL career perhaps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back