News Karmichael Hunt NEWS

Remove this Banner Ad

My mate reckons he knows the Hunts and said that K is eating everything and anything... I guess he is trying to add size to his body. That only means one thing. He won;t be at the Suns next year.
Id hate to be feeding him....:rolleyes:

If Gaz wants him to stay, then so do I.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-02/ablett-wants-hunt-to-stay

Article:

GOLD Coast code-hopper Karmichael Hunt might be considering his future but if it was up to his skipper Gary Ablett, the ex-rugby league star would be going nowhere.
Speculation is rife that Hunt will return to rugby league or rugby union at the end of the year when his deal with the Suns expires.
The 27-year-old has only made one senior appearance this AFL season, having battled injury and illness.
But dual Brownlow medallist Ablett is still holding out hope Hunt will remain at the Suns, claiming the hard-tackling midfielder still has plenty to offer the club.
"Personally, I haven't talked to him about that but, of course, I want him to stay at the football club," Ablett said.
"He's been fantastic for the younger guys. He's a super-hard trainer and just sets a good example.
"Hopefully, as it gets towards the end of the year, he re-signs and will stay here for a few years to come."
New deal or not, Ablett is also backing Hunt to overcome a knee injury in time to help the Suns push for the club's first finals berth.
"I don't know how far away he is but, hopefully, he can get himself right and play some footy for us at the end of the year - finish off the season well," Ablett said.

Starting to look like the QLD Reds rugby union team are the favourites to secure K in 2015. By switching to union he would also open up the possibility of playing in the 2016 Olympics and even the 2018 Comm Games on the Gold Coast. Don't be surprised if the Wallabies come knocking and he looks like this next year:

802745-3711a870-ed3f-11e3-873b-5e8c286cce93.jpg

Starting to look like the QLD Reds rugby union team are the favourites to secure K in 2015. By switching to union he would also open up the possibility of playing in the 2016 Olympics and even the 2018 Comm Games on the Gold Coast. Don't be surprised if the Wallabies come knocking and he looks like this next year:

802745-3711a870-ed3f-11e3-873b-5e8c286cce93.jpg
I think the body double could have had a better tan?

Wayne Bennet going back to St George at the end of this season. 3 million over 3 seasons. I would have thought that was a lot of money for an NRL coach?

Could K follow him?

Not with Dugan already there and Boyd following him.
There cap would be tight with Marshall there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hunt closer to Queensland Reds switch
LOCK in Karmichael Hunt for the Reds. Best of all, he will be a worldly wise off-field mentor for the erratic James O’Connor when they team up in the backline next season.

Hunt is a big step closer to wearing the Reds fullback jersey because rugby league’s Gold Coast Titans were told last week he would not be linking with them.

Gold Coast sources say the deal is already done and that Hunt will be training at Ballymore next year after an amicable parting with the Gold Coast Suns after four AFL seasons.

Hunt’s latest code switch makes perfect sense. Jumping into rugby will extend his football life by another four years at least, two at the Reds and an adventure overseas in 2017-18.

Hunt is also a perfect fit for the Reds to fill the void at fullback. He plays with aggression, he can shoot through the defence himself and can make players around him better.

There have been a lot of distracting laments about this failed Reds season from a massive injury toll to woeful defence conceding 52 tries to botched finishing when on the tryline.

Too often overlooked is the Reds not being great passers of the football outside Will Genia and Quade Cooper.
It reached a head last weekend when Jamie-Jerry Taulagi did some good work down the touchline only to throw a no-look pass.

Why exactly he threw a no-look pass in a two-on-one situation is the great mystery because the ball sailed over the touchline when his eyes should have been glued on Lachie Turner.

Hunt is a driven footballer and something more. He would be a first season rookie at the Reds next year but a wonderful leader.

He has the stature to whack O’Connor if he hints at getting out of line off the field which is something contemporaries Cooper and Genia might find harder to enforce.

O’Connor organised a clause in his short term contract with French club Toulon to allow him to be back in Australia on January 1.

A Hunt-O’Connor-Kerevi-Tapuai-F’Sautia-Cooper-Genia backline has a look of real punch for next year.

Parting ways with Biarritz-bound Rod Davies means a real wing speedster must be a priority for the Reds along with that big, brawny backrower who is harder to find than the Yeti.

A resourceful ACT Brumbies win over the Chiefs in Canberra tomorrow night would likely create a blockbuster NSW Waratahs-Brumbies semi-final a week later.

The Brumbies have plenty of weapons and not just the obvious ones. They pressure to charge down kicks, they take quick taps, they are gambling more and they have Henry Speight.

They are a far more rounded side than the one that fell in the final last year. Waratahs beware.

We saw what a hit Folau was last year so hopefully K gets to play for the Wallabies as well. I suppose he could even line up for the green and gold at the Rio Games in two years. Interesting to read in that article that Karmichael's team informed the Titans last week that he was no longer interested in them.

Bennett going back to the broncos....would be enticing for K.

The Queensland papers seem pretty certain that Bennett is going back to the Broncos next year. Can the Broncos afford to poach Hunt? They've acquired Barba and Milford in the last two years so I would have though their cap situation would be pretty tight.

K to Reds looks likely at this point.

Bennett going back to the broncos....would be enticing for K.
lol, yea if broncos could afford him... not only that. where would they play him?? i honestly dnt think broncos have very much left in there salary cap. just signed that guy from melb for $700K a season..

No idea. Nothing official. I thought Bennett going back to St George was a done deal..?
nothing had been signed... probably a decoy.... cause every media outlet was reporting that griffin would be safe cause of the teams performance last weekend. however, what ever deal was done it seems like its probably been agred to for a few days.

Just read in the paper that Bennett is to be announced as new coach of the broncos sometime today. Supposedly a $950,000 contract.

Apparently NRL support in Brisbane is dropping and the shareholders want Bennett back to boost support and win a premiership. K could definitely help out that aspiration

Just read in the paper that Bennett is to be announced as new coach of the broncos sometime today. Supposedly a $950,000 contract.

Apparently NRL support in Brisbane is dropping and the shareholders want Bennett back to boost support and win a premiership. K could definitely help out that aspiration
4 million over 3 years it says at news.com.au . Bennett isn't the golden boy he once was as he has left a trail of bad taste in clubs mouths, and even some Broncos members and fans don't really want him back because of the way the current coach is getting shafted.

I donr think the Broncos salary cap comes into weather or not they chase K. They are masters of cheating the cap and have been for years.

I've always seen Bennett as the Malthouse of the NRL. Probably isn't the coach is once was

Well another nail in the NRL coffin, go backwards to go forwards

From courier mail
THE return of Wayne Bennett is complete with the mastercoach agreeing to a $4 million deal to lead the resurrection of the Broncos.

Bennett has inked a three-year contract until the end of 2017, ensuring he will return to the Broncos club he led to six titles between 1992 and 2006.

The decision was made official at a press conference fronted by Broncos CEO Paul White and the sacked Anthony Griffin.

Broncos players were informed of the development at an 11am crisis meeting at Red Hill headquarters.

Despite leading the Broncos to a gutsy 28-22 defeat of the Warriors last Saturday night, Griffin was called to a meeting 24 hours later and informed he would not be at Red Hill next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back