News Karmichael Hunt NEWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Lame. Should give it one more year.
I thought the same of Folau when he bailed, be it a couple of years earlier than Hunt appears to have. But in hindsight that'd probably have achieved very little. One less player for the coaches to worry about developing and one less player taking senior games when there's the threat/likelihood that they'll leave. I guess you could say the same of any player but at least if they're staying in the AFL you can make a trade...

I think this a baseless rumour that somehow becomes "factual".

KM will play with GCS in 2014. Beyond that is questionable.

Will wait to see if it's true first. He is contracted though, and it is past final list lodgement date. It will be interesting to see how the club handle it if this does go down.

If this does happen it seems really out of character. I'd be very disappointed in him.

Maybe that is where the penny dropped for him? Perhaps the whole Campbell Brown situation was a factor as well.

Oh no. If you listen to media statements from the SUNS or certain people who have zero connection on an intimate level with the club or its players then no, the Campbell Brown thing has all blown over and everyone has forgotten about it. So that can't be it :rolleyes:

Oh no. If you listen to media statements from the SUNS or certain people who have zero connection on an intimate level with the club or its players then no, the Campbell Brown thing has all blown over and everyone has forgotten about it. So that can't be it :rolleyes:

If the guys are still sooking about the Campbell incident as you suggest then should all grow a pair of balls. Its done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the guys are still sooking about the Campbell incident as you suggest then should all grow a pair of balls. Its done.

Im not suggesting it lol. Just saying that something like that when a club has to make hard decisions just to keep the public happy is bound to cause a lot of friction. That I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this would be totally out of character for K to do this at this point in the offseason. we're already down 1 player on our senior list from browny, and to drop out now with 1 year left to go on his contract? makes no sense.

but, where there's smoke there's fire...

Time for K to shut them all up I think. Its gone a bit long. One phone call and he could end it.

One twitter post, one facebook entry could end this K....

Same for the club.

What worries me, is that in a case like this, a club will remain silent to put the onus on the player to break the hard news. The club wont help.

The player will say nothing until everything is signed sealed and delivered.

The scribe cant say anything more till it all goes ahead. No one else in the media can elaborate as they haven't got the 'leak' onside. That why all other media is only using the one source....the original scribe has a source that isn't sharing.

If this isn't true, I think K should have said something by now. The club wont.

Facebook.
Twitter.
Media release.

K, say it aint so...

The story will likely pick up in the media tomorrow and The Australian was saying 'if the reported deal goes through' - the deal mightn't be done but if there's no denial early this week it means they're working on something.

"Actually his contract would prevent him from (going to ) a rival code, end of (story) folks. GWS/Folau mutually ended the contract early. Can't see Gold Coast doing it with Hunt, especially since the list has now been finalised. Hunt won't be playing any rival code in 2014..."

The story will likely pick up in the media tomorrow and The Australian was saying 'if the reported deal goes through' - the deal mightn't be done but if there's no denial early this week it means they're working on something.

The article was full if 'apparently, should, could, likely, might,'....etc, etc....

The most damning thing is K's silence in all forms of media...

The article was full if 'apparently, should, could, likely, might,'....etc, etc....

The most damning thing is K's silence in all forms of media...
That'll be the telling sign. It's a very simple 'not happening' from his end if there's nothing to it. They can let the odd story throughout the year go, but if the story does pick up its fair to expect a release from the club or Hunt to dispel it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back