News Karmichael Hunt NEWS

Remove this Banner Ad

No players arrested or even questioned, time to put this nightmare behind us

The police have some sort of moral responsibility to put the GC players and the AFL in the clear (if there is no case) on this one ASAP.

The LAST thing anyone in the AFL or Aussie sport or sports fans (except possibly the NRL) is to see another 3 year saga like the crap the Essendon club has endured.

Swan, Rudd and Gillard oversaw the rape of public superannuation funds, put us hundreds of billions in debt, yet they were never drug tested, nor were they called to give evidence on the biggest theft and fraud in OZ history. Yet more negative aspersions are cast at AFL players than at political criminals that are the corporate puppets of banks and media moguls.

Talk about distraction..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I went out and got caught with several thousand dollars worth if cocaine there's no way I'd get away with no conviction and a fine lesser than the worth of the coke was. Wow.

In saying that, I hope he's back at the Reds soon!

If I went out and got caught with several thousand dollars worth if cocaine there's no way I'd get away with no conviction and a fine lesser than the worth of the coke was. Wow.

In saying that, I hope he's back at the Reds soon!

Where did it say how much he was caught with?

I'm guessing Karmichael gave up a good deal of names and information to have his charge downgraded so heavily. Realistically Hunt could have just been the means to get to the bikies.

Our justice system is a joke, NO CONVICTION, even though he IS guilty

I can't help but wonder what the penalty would be in Bali

Hopefully no one would be stupid enough, as the penalties aren't a secret ....... oh hang on !!!

This should probably go in the vent thread but, are you guys and girls as disillusioned with the Justice system as I am, don't get me wrong I think the Police do a great job but it must be frustrating to have evidence like in the K Hunt case only to see it whittled down from dealing to possession.

How many times have we seen drunk / disqualified drivers re offend time and time again until they kill themselves or someone else.

I agree with you, but I think it's fair enough that it was downgraded to possession from supplying. In any other state or territory in Australia, the charge would have initially been possession anyway. Only Queensland has obscure laws regarding supply. Not enough evidence to prove otherwise, in this case, so possession is fine IMO.

But I don't understand how a fine can be less than the cost of the drugs to begin with. It's like totaling someone else's car without insurance and being forced to pay $500 bucks instead. It's ludicrus to think that a trivial fine without a criminal conviction is appropriate.

The justice system in this country is ridiculous. Look at Man Monis from the Sydney seige, for an example.

A bloke I knew had previous charges for drugs (heroin) then a few years later he was cooking meth and his set up exploded taking out a house wall. He was on the run for a month or something but handed himself into the police. 3 illegal guns were also on the premises.

No Jail. Just fines and good behaviour!!

After that, I recon K got the book thrown at him!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back