KB on the Couch

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian football media, it's all about profile, not talent. That's been the model for a long time.

KB's a recognisable name and hes old, just like VFL Mike .

Guess So. Though Mike makes Sense and KB talks Crap

FFS. Shut the fuuuuuuu cccckkkk up KB. Usually love watching On The Couch but KB is such a pain in the arse. It ain't 1980 anymore you old flog. Just go away.

Who idea was it to bring this old Fart on?

I agree with KB on everything he said, he is the only one trying to save our great game turning into CRAP
KB has been one of the main factors, in turning the game to crap.

Though I don't agree it's crap, but there are certain decisions that have annoyed me , most that he has been a part of .

I'm with KB as well. The rolling pack is crap and is just like watching under 9s.

- 22 per side (instead of the originally intended 18) means 72 players get on the ground in the AFL each week who shouldn't. Take those 72 players out and we've got better players on the field at all times.

- No interchange means players won't be able to run as hard to flood. More space more time for good skills and more goals.

- Players might get tired but I'd rather watch a tired Steven Motlop playing one on one and trying to kick great goals, than a rested Nick Maxwell clog up space and roll around in a pack with 5 other blokes.

At least let's try no interchange in the preseason and see what happens.

The AFL just don't want to admit they've made a mistake by constantly trying to increase the speed that the ball moves.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm with KB as well. The rolling pack is crap and is just like watching under 9s.

- 22 per side (instead of the originally intended 18) means 72 players get on the ground in the AFL each week who shouldn't. Take those 72 players out and we've got better players on the field at all times.

- No interchange means players won't be able to run as hard to flood. More space more time for good skills and more goals.

- Players might get tired but I'd rather watch a tired Steven Motlop playing one on one and trying to kick great goals, than a rested Nick Maxwell clog up space and roll around in a pack with 5 other blokes.

At least let's try no interchange in the preseason and see what happens.

The AFL just don't want to admit they've made a mistake by constantly trying to increase the speed that the ball moves.
I couldn't agree with this more

I like the idea of getting three players from each team to go in both 50 instead of no interchanges. It would also give our 50s some use instead of lines marking how far you are from goal. With no interchanges, less players like Steven Motlop will be drafted.

I like the idea of getting three players from each team to go in both 50 instead of no interchanges. It would also give our 50s some use instead of lines marking how far you are from goal. With no interchanges, less players like Steven Motlop will be drafted.

the worst thing that has ever happened to our game was zoning. so the only way to stop that now is to eliminate or cut the interchanges to very minimum

The interchange was introduced to allow injured players to come off, get patched up and then return. It was not introduced as a rest bench.

How about a trial in the pre-season of when you make an interchange, the player coming off must stay off for 10 minutes.

Interchange was introduced mid 70's.

FFS. Shut the fuuuuuuu cccckkkk up KB. Usually love watching On The Couch but KB is such a pain in the arse. It ain't 1980 anymore you old flog. Just go away.

Good points you make there? Ageist Big'un, devoid of a contribution, so go the man, pathetic contribution.

The interchange was introduced to allow injured players to come off, get patched up and then return. It was not introduced as a rest bench.

How about a trial in the pre-season of when you make an interchange, the player coming off must stay off for 10 minutes.

Interchange was introduced mid 70's.

You could limit individual interchanges to 2 per quarter, 6 per game. Keep the best players on the ground.

You could limit individual interchanges to 2 per quarter, 6 per game. Keep the best players on the ground.

Yep we are thinking along the same line.

Less interchanges will also see the end of the "rush hour" chaos at the interchange line where 8 players regularly swap at the same time !!!!. Poor interchange steward.

Good points you make there? Ageist Big'un, devoid of a contribution, so go the man, pathetic contribution.

Haha righto champ.

KB is just a bitter old man who is upset that no one wanted his opinion on the laws of the game anymore. We ain't going to go from 3 on the bench back to 0. He's kidding if he thinks that the standard of footy would improve. We'd see players spent by the 2nd quarter and the standard of play would drop off immensely. The flood of players around the ball has nothing to do with interchange, it's purely a tactical move by the coaches.

Like all sports, AFL has evolved, the day of the FF isn't dead but the day of the FF kicking 100 goals per year is becoming less likely. After all it is a team game. Who knows, the wheel may turn again and it becomes a regular occurrence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back