KB says to strip Essendon of Anzac Day v Collingwood if players get suspended.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swap Rd 1 Hawks v Cats for it
Did they take it off us when we got busted cheating the cap?

If anything, we embody the can-do, #whateverittakes attitude of the ANZACs.

Horrible, horrible analogy, it must be said.

this is a no-brainer, really.
not a good message to have a tainted club play such a significant game, and an even worse look if the club is fielding a VFL side.

i reckon if players get suspended then we should get a 10 goal head start. we should also be an automatic lock for the top 8.
and since we've been indicted we should be able to take performance enhancing drugs for a period of a year.

derp

I'm happy for Essendon to permenantly be removed from ANZAC Day if their players are found guilty. Other clubs who dont cheat are more worthy.
why are Collingwood worthy to play the Anzac day, it was Sheedys idea to bring it in again, but doing so, it couldn't be done without the president of the return services league Bruce Ruxton, giving it ok, and Collingwood was playing in the Anzac game was one of the conditions

Why? We can do a real tribute to the first ANZACs.
The 100th anniversary can have just as big of a blood bath of the bad guys decimating the good guys as the original.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KB runs a show reliant on talk back callers to pad out his three hours. He constantly makes a statement like this and follows it with a line like "I"d like to hear what the fans think". He then gets what he wants, a barrage of half wits, prattling on a with little or no knowledge of whatever issue he has decided to go with. They are usually the same bunch. The fact he gets away with it is the saddest part of all.

KB runs a show reliant on talk back callers to pad out his three hours. He constantly makes a statement like this and follows it with a line like "I"d like to hear what the fans think". He then gets what he wants, a barrage of half wits, prattling on a with little or no knowledge of whatever issue he has decided to go with. They are usually the same bunch. The fact he gets away with it is the saddest part of all.

He gets away with it because that's what he is paid to do - get people talking. You get relatively balanced discussion - those who agree, those who don't. He never hangs up on people (although they would vet them) so really it's no biggie. He gets people talking so job well done, contract renewed.

If they think that any other two clubs are going to sell tickets at the MCG like they do on Anzac Day, they're joking. Its one of the only traditions in the AFL I actually like and in the event that Essendon players get suspended, I think making the fans suffer by taking away a game that they obviously love is ridiculous. Stop trying to ******* touch this goddamn one game of the year and just leave it alone, its perfectly fine as it is.

I could not care less who plays on Anzac Day.
If it gives Collingwood or Essendon supporters something to cling onto when they are not in premiership contention, then good luck to those two clubs and their supporters.
why are Collingwood worthy to play the Anzac day, it was Sheedys idea to bring it in again, but doing so, it couldn't be done without the president of the return services league Bruce Ruxton, giving it ok, and Collingwood was playing in the Anzac game was one of the conditions
I am more than happy for Collingwood to be removed from ANZAC day also. I have been to every Coll v Ess ANZAC clash since Sheedy came up with it. They are great but Coll v Ess wouldn't be much different done on a different day. Maybe 5-10000 less in the crowd. No biggie.

I like KB. Is there something wrong with me?

Besides that, anyone dismissing this issue just because it started on KB's show is missing the point or just deflecting. How can anyone argue that if a team was found guilty of cheating, that they should be representing Anzac day? Seriously, that's a no brainer.

Last edited:

This is not about Collingwood. This about Essendon.

I would turn up to support those players that did not get suspended. As would many Essendon supporters. Support the club in the good times and the bad times.

Crowd would most likely be down for the this year though. There is always that 1 or 2 in 5 that are bandwagoners. Tbh most posters on here are die hard to be posting on a footy forum..but plenty of people would jump off.

I like KB. Is there something wrong with me?

Besides that, anyone dismissing this issue just because it started on KB's show is missing the point or just deflecting. How can anyone argue that if a team was found guilty of cheating, that they shouldn't be representing Anzac day? Seriously, that's a no brainer.

Yes. You like KB.

Dude is senile, has been for a long time.

They should be removed from the game permanently. James Hird should not be allowed in the same stadium as those who risk their lives. Nor should he be allowed on the hallowed turf when we are paying tribute. Our ANZACS would turn in their grave. He has destroyed our great game and stands for the complete opposite of what the ANZACS stand for. We have won 4 of the last 5 clashes and 7 of the last 9 so it's time for a new worthy challenger and real rival like Carlton or Richmond.

They should be removed from the game permanently. James Hird should not be allowed in the same stadium as those who risk their lives. Nor should he be allowed on the hallowed turf when we are paying tribute. Our ANZACS would turn in their grave. He has destroyed our great game and stands for the complete opposite of what the ANZACS stand for. We have won 4 of the last 5 clashes and 7 of the last 9 so it's time for a new worthy challenger and real rival like Carlton or Richmond.

That's a massive overreaction and dramatic view on things along with insanely stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back